Sign in to follow this  
Mallaboro

My Terrible Suggestion Of Gems In Bulk Storage Bins

Since gems are valued by quality, not quantity, I thought it'd be... okay... for gems to be stored in bulk storage bins. I can see why this would be dumb, but it also makes sense.

Edited by Mallaboro

i don't think this is needed, containers can hold lots of them anyway - they don't take up much space so no need. plus the fact that they can hold power doesn't work well with putting them in a bsb

i suggested a long time ago that you should be able to combine gems so that when you get too many of the lower ql ones you could make less of them.

I do not like the BsB idea, but wouldnt mind some kind of special urn made from gold or silver that you had to use to store or combine gems.

• Like 1

They dont even decay. No.

However they do take up more database slots as individual items and since they don't decay there's really no advantage being given to the player by allowing it. Heck since the trader price is proportional to the quality squared and are much more useful to players at higher qualities, using gems in BSBs would reduce their value. There really isn't much reason not to allow it.

Why not create a spell to combine gems. Build in a minimum loss of total QL of a couple %. As a brief simple example, this would let you turn 33x3 average quality gems into a single random gem type of around 90-98ql. If you fail to channel, nothing happens. If you succeed in channeling, the degree of your success reduces waste. If you critically succeed, you get a star gem. If you actually manage to get enough star gems to consider doing combinations on them, you could create an extra normal gem of random quality on a critical star gem combination.

A mechanic like this might lead to using high quality gems for crafting...

Edited by Farmerbob

but ... priests in training want gems at 10 or lower... why do i wanna make super gems?

but ... priests in training want gems at 10 or lower... why do i wanna make super gems?

For actual storage of favor. A spell to split gems could be handy too, I suppose.

On Epic, for example, there is no meaningful skillgain from vesseling from what I've heard.

For actual storage of favor. A spell to split gems could be handy too, I suppose.

On Epic, for example, there is no meaningful skillgain from vesseling from what I've heard.

Split my 70ql gems to 70 1 ql gems? *Drools*