Sign in to follow this  
guitarxe

How Are Ore Veins Distributed?

Is there any pattern or logic to how the ore veins get distributed across a map, or is it all just random? For instance, in real life, due to the way these materials form you wouldn't find tin and copper close together (they are found in very different rock compositions). How about in Wurm?

For example, I started a mine (and probably the first mistake I did was not prospecting before starting), and got iron 2 tiles in. However, since then, I've only found tons and tons of marble and copper, but no more iron. Is there any possibility of finding more iron around here?

Random, but you get clusters of the same vein as they're regional.

I tend to find that the odd iron vein pops up even outside iron regions, I guess it's so people don't settle in the middle of a zinc region then /wrists as they can't make nails.

You'll generally find iron close-ish enough by if you have a prospect around the area. Or just ask a nice (lol) local.

It also depends on which server you are on. On Independence (and I'm assuming Chaos), veins are not very regional. I've seen mines there that contain iron, zinc, gold, copper, and lead all in a very small area.

On the newer servers (Deliverance, Exodus, Celebration, Pristine, Release, and the Epic cluster), veins are indeed regional. Iron is the most plentiful though - no matter where you are, you should be able to find iron around somewhere close.

Pseudo randomly, with some regions having a lot of a certain vein, but all regions have at least a little iron.

if some places have veins, they usually have many of the same kind.

ive seen copper+tin very close to eachother.

In my old place i had over 25marble veins and my neighbor in south had a tunnel in the same hill as I did and found 0 marbles at his place.

if you have veins, you have lots. Sometimes in a large area, sometimes in very small :)

: and it's not not random.

Edited by silakka