Sign in to follow this  
Inferno

Single Side Deed Expansion

At the moment, we can only extend a deed either N/S or E/W. This is a major problem as it limits the town size (due to unwanted land, or nearby deeds). If it is possible to extend only N or E or S or W, it will benefit lots of players and the financial aspect of Wurm as people are more willing to pay to make necessary adjustments to their deed.

• Like 4

No, already heck of a thing finding the edges of peoples' deeds, don't need it going off in some oddball direction.

No, already heck of a thing finding the edges of peoples' deeds, don't need it going off in some oddball direction.

I believe that the OP is talking about 1 entire side being extended at once, still a straight line. I see no problem with this, and some advantages when you live near the shore, as you may want to deed more land, but don't want to deed the sea also.

As to deeds with uneven borders, I really see no problem with this either. Just let a deed be set up on contiguous tiles in any shape, and charge for the deed by the number of tiles taken up. Sure, that can make traps sometimes, but I think PVP would be all for that. As for the Freedom Isles, you can always have rules to not allow trapping via deed setup, with punishment being loss of the deed.

Edited by Vroomfondel

the way it is is just the way it is.

live with it and adjust with it.

would give ridicilous advantage to many people ;P

good way to limit it somehow atm.

the way it is is just the way it is.

live with it and adjust with it.

would give ridicilous advantage to many people ;P

good way to limit it somehow atm.

Ok, I know my suggestion about deeds was over the top (on purpose), but please enlighten me as to how being able to expand your deed in 1 direction only gives an unfair advantage that current deed expansion rules do not?

everyone was aware of it when they made their deed.

many get richer while they play on, but cannot deed over some places anymore since some moved in.

so they have to decide if they disband and put it in new spot or let the good spot be and let some noob get it ;)

Edited by silakka

everyone was aware of it when they made their deed.

many get richer while they play on, but cannot deed over some places anymore since some moved in.

so they have to decide if they disband and put it in new spot or let the good spot be and let some noob get it ;)

Just because that is how the rules are now, does not mean they cannot be changed. Rules can always be changed. And you point out a current problem with the system, not a reason to keep it. There are often spaces too small to set up another deed, and someone in the area already wants to deed it, but can't expand in the other direction also due to other deeds in the way. This would cure that problem.

Oh, and you didn't answer my question. It was how the change would be an advantage that current deed expansion rules don't already give you.

Edited by Vroomfondel

+1

I had this problem just yesterday again(and a few times before) that i wanted to extend my deed only for 5 tiles in one direction to protect a home of mine but since my neighbour on the opposite side has deeded up to my border i couldnt extend, even though I had plenty of space in the wanted direction :/ this is also bad because I'm living at the sea and when i wanted to extend to water I had to move the token again because there is an "unwanted and never asked" neighbour blocking...-.-

I wouldnt mind a 1 direction expansion even if the token gets automaticall moved to the new center, but hell its damn expensive...een thought the land i wanted to claim was once mine before and was long abandoned....I don't see a problem with this as it opens new possibilities for new deeds also

A big +1, as being sugested before, and still is a good sugestion.

I believe that the OP is talking about 1 entire side being extended at once, still a straight line. I see no problem with this, and some advantages when you live near the shore, as you may want to deed more land, but don't want to deed the sea also.

As to deeds with uneven borders, I really see no problem with this either. Just let a deed be set up on contiguous tiles in any shape, and charge for the deed by the number of tiles taken up. Sure, that can make traps sometimes, but I think PVP would be all for that. As for the Freedom Isles, you can always have rules to not allow trapping via deed setup, with punishment being loss of the deed.

Ok, I understand it. Going to have to have some restrictions on it at least, but good idea :D

+1

For a game that is supposed to be played for years while your neighbors come and go and/or terraform around, it is not realistic to think that someone will know exactly what their deed borders need to be years from now when they place their token. From paying for water rather than repay for a new deed to getting deed/writ blocked in the opposite cardinal direction you want to expand, or even buying more land because you decided to put in a huge dock network.

So because the programmers shortcut NS/EW deed dimension two numbers it should remain that way? It is trivially simple for the programmer to default to NS/EW sizing, yet allow the owner to specify all four numbers as N, S, E W, as well as store 4 numbers rather than 2 numbers for all deed sizes, replicating the numbers for all deeds.

Players are long paying the price for that UI shortcut, it is time to fix it. It is in the games best interest to allow players to easily expand their deed to create more room for new activities that keep the villagers playing.

Edited by yarnevk

This would be so welcome. +1 from me, for the OP's stated reason. Being able to move a single border only to claim more land on the deed without impacting my northern neighbor would be fantastic.

Loved this idea when it was first suggested, still love it now.

+1

Yes... +1

Would love to be able to extend one side ie north or weast border with out having to relocat the token.

Edited by lawurm

+1

To resize my deed in order to not keep deeding over more useless sea tiles I had to move my token back and replant the deed... It cost me a ton of money and my wallet still hurts every time I think about it. This would help the problem of having to move the token due to not being able to expand in one direction for whatever reason.

+1 needed, been suggested, been shot down without any real good reason.

what we have now is fine plan better or relocate token.

Edited by Protunia

+1 sounds like a good idea, seeing as players like to place deeds butt to butt. Would allow you to push out that one edge that just might not be deeded

Would help if we could see the older archives, had a multipage thread on the topic with pros/cons discussed with a bit a of higher level input/technical details which were hinted at but not openly confirmed.

The tl;dr version, there are possibly mechanics related to AI pathing/spirit templars that are based on the actual center (not the visible token location) of the deed, as well as a potential for "deed creeping" or "sliding" (moving one edge out and the opposing edge in)

Was a very long conversation about how to combat this and to address other issues, and at least one "recent" change to the token (renaming) came up in that thread as well lol.

Edited by Hussars