Sign in to follow this  
Roan

Purchase Of Characters

I have changed the emails and passwords for them in game, is there anything else i need to do to protect myself?

As long as the email and password are changed, you should be fine. :)

With a different email, they cant recover the passwords, and with different password they cant change the email nor log into your account.

You should be set.

What about the Challenge phrase and answer that's created at character registration? This is copied from the registration page:

The Challenge Phrase can be used to reset your password if you forget your password so make sure that you remember the Challenge Phrase and Answer.

I'd like to hear from a GM if the Challenge Q & A is enough to recover both email and password. I'd also like to know if they are changeable after the character registration has been completed.

-Rune

What about the Challenge phrase and answer that's created at character registration? This is copied from the registration page:

The Challenge Phrase can be used to reset your password if you forget your password so make sure that you remember the Challenge Phrase and Answer.

I'd like to hear from a GM if the Challenge Q & A is enough to recover both email and password. I'd also like to know if they are changeable after the character registration has been completed.

-Rune

You need the email address associated with the account in order to even get to be prompted for the challenge phrase and answer.

This is fantastic news. I hated that guy :)

Lol I've had a couple people mention they didn't like him. Ill hopefully turn that rep around fast :D

You need the email address associated with the account in order to even get to be prompted for the challenge phrase and answer.

Good to know! Thanks for the answer.

-Rune

If you're talking about me, mind mentioning why I was 'hated'? I've never offended anyone? :(

If you're talking about me, mind mentioning why I was 'hated'? I've never offended anyone? :(

No idea bud, I had no beef with you lol

Just wanted to ask a few more questions. I was talking to someone and this got brought up.

The person i talked to said that the original email used to make a character will 'trump' all other recovery information, therefore making it possible for whoever originally made a character to recover a character sold later on.

Is this really possible after i've changed the password and email on the account?

If so, could said person, potentially recover the account, loot a deed, and disapear before i realize?

I'm told i'd have to have proof on forums of the transaction, or have had a GM oversee the trade also to get the account back if the original owner recovered. Is this true too?

Looking to clear this up, as it would potentially create a HUGE risk for me and i don't want to have to lock a character in a fence every time i log off of him.. that would be ridiculous

Roan,

The only way I could see this being an issue (assuming the seller was that kind of jerk) is if you did the entire thing in game, i.e. he never made a char for sale post in the forums here. Even then though you should have your logs of the conversation, and I THINK all logs are kept in game as well (normally for checking for cheaters and whatnot).

That being said, I would bet that you could get the character back assuming you have one of the two above, but that is getting it back. If the original seller contacts customer support and reports a stolen password, who knows if they go through the effort to make sure the character wasnt sold and then you end up having to work to get it back after he has done things with your stuff.

You will most likely need to contact support for a firm answer on this, I have not heard nor read a forum post of it occuring.

Yeah I still have the logs of the conversation when i purchased the characters, and the others i bought were through the forums so i'm safe as far as that goes...

but, could they potentially get control of the character, and then ransack my village? Can a GM be sure of what items i lost and recover them if stolen in this manner? Would they do that if it happened?

I spent a lot of money on some characters and it makes sense to me that an original email could recover a character where an email and password was changed to prevent hacking, or something along those lines. It doesn't make sense to me that there is no way to protect myself from that original email though.

If you change the email/password you should be ok. Original email doesn't trump.

Logs/Forum posts are helpful however.

Heh, just come across this as I don't frequent this section of the forums.

Ay automatic password reset sent by the question and answer thingy will be sent to the current registered e-mail address for the account. As such, you would be alerted by a password re-set e-mail that the account creator (or someone who knew the answer) was trying to change it. However, unless they have access to your e-mails you'll be fine ;)

• Like 1