Sign in to follow this  
Wulfgar

Simcity

Did anyone try the SimCity beta and/or have anyone else been looking forward to this game?

This and Rome:Total War 2 is the only games I have waited for in the past year and hoped that they could lure me a bit away from Wurm.

After getting a beta key and attempting (so far without luck) to play that, I must say that my huge bubble of expectations has somewhat deflated.

It took me 5 (FIVE) attempts to even load the tutorial, it froze at the loading screen.

After finishing the tutorial I am now supposed to be able to play for 1 hour and try to create my own city from scratch.

This has so far failed with an error every time I try to start a game.

So my only impression after doing the tutorial is that the graphics are very bland and boring, and they are planning to squeeze all money out of players

by selling DLCs with graphics content. This and the fact that I apparently have to log in to a server to play the game makes me seriously doubt if I will even

buy this game, except on a very cheap Origin sale.

:wacko:

I was in the beta. They still havent enabled the multicity stuff so I don't know yet if I'm going to enjoy it.

I am looking forward to it though.

They are doing an other closed beta test now? The last one was only 3 days or something like that. I didn't get an email to test again :( and game says I have to wait for release

I've been playing in both betas, no issues at all as far as playing the game, it looks amazing and I'm having a blast. Pretty biased view though as I'm a huge fan of the franchise.

Not sure what you find bland and boring about the graphics, The attention to detail in each of the buildings is fantastic (imo). The tilt shift effect does take some getting used to, but you can adjust that. Then again anything is an improvement over the last simcity game graphics.

spark20130125212648.jpg

spark20130125212941.jpg

Alot of what I have seen of Simcity, puts me off. I believe the anti-hype this time around. It looks like that EA has ruined yet another game. A very superficial iteration of the last installment.

Simcity? Haven't played that game in a year or two. Made a decent city a few times that actually lasted. Need a lot of patience to play it imo.

w86hs1.jpg

they are planning to squeeze all money out of players by selling DLCs with graphics content. This and the fact that I apparently have to log in to a server to play the game makes me seriously doubt if I will even

buy this game, except on a very cheap Origin sale.

Welcome to the world of EA... :L

I'll continue to sit here playing Supreme Commander whenever I want a strategy or playing GTA SA whenever I need something with a lot of freedom. Oh, and there's Wurm too :P

• Like 1

While I agree on the EA thoughts and their marketing strategies as being terrible at best. My wife and I have been playing the Sim City beta and enjoying it immensely. We both will be playing on release, her more so than me as Wurm is taking up all my free time. :)

Will the game still be playable years after its release when they no longer feel that supporting the servers required for 'always on' are worth maintaining?

The hate is strong in this thread. Never fear ! Hackers will fix the game within a few days of release.

next week i get my paycheck, then i preorder, and wait....and wait.... and play simscity4 deluxe, then wait some more XD so much waiting

also have to save up for a PS4

Yeah big fan of simcity but seeing how much it is to preorder and all the graphics contents i need to buy kinda turn me off from it. I was trying to get into beta but i couldnt get my hands on any keys. Graphic wise it looks better than simcity4deluxe imo but my most turn off is the population cap at 250k.

I've preordered, and can't wait for it. I wasn't one of the lucky that got into beta on this one, but it still looks awesome to me. And despite all the haters going on about the constant online thing, i for one applaud it. Especially with how they're going to the region markets where you can sell/buy goods and prices are set on a demand/supply ratio. Also looking forward to play it co-op with friends and divide the area between us, as we can focus on different things/playstyles and benefit from eachothers. Also the pop. cap doesn't bother me to much, i'm more into micromanaging than making huuuuge metropolis anyway :)

The hackers will also remove the pop-cap in the first day or two :D

I applied both times, didn't get a beta key either time. Besides, I disapprove of EA's use of an always-online DRM. If that's their way of trying to prevent pirating of their game, I've got some bad news for them.

I applied both times, didn't get a beta key either time. Besides, I disapprove of EA's use of an always-online DRM. If that's their way of trying to prevent pirating of their game, I've got some bad news for them.

Ya that will last about a day till its cracked

Ya that will last about a day till its cracked

true but still im buying it.. support the developers, even if they do have a ton of money already

well i bought the game and so far its pretty addicting, it might actually take time away from wurm for while. Lets all play in a region together so we may help/wreck each others cites.

Only questions I have are will there be Godzilla and can I set fires?

Only questions I have are will there be Godzilla and can I set fires?

Probably if you buy a DLC for 10$.

Looking forward to GTA V...

I will try out SimCity in the next days, it looks promising.