Sign in to follow this  
Farmerbob

Close - Thread Was Incorrectly Moved To Suggestions.

Sorry bob, but this idea is obviously hated by the community. Nice idea, but I don't think it will work well. I think this thread should be locked now since this will never happen.

Edited by Sir Arowhun

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results."

I know Einstein said this, so one would imagine it to be accurate... but there's a pretty fundamental oversight in his logic on this one. Anyone who has ever learned to play an instrument has certainly done the same things over and over again... achieving different results in the long run. Not insanity, practice. I digress :), but that particular quote has always weighed on me for this reason.

I can see the point you're making about people on Chaos eventually getting tired of things being taken without any chance to get it back. That was part of the problem with the so called "new player abuse" thread. Packs of rabid noobs running around ganking old timers, with old timers having little recourse. Perhaps people with more understanding of Chaos mechanics than I have can chip in and report how Kingdoms might have changed/helped that issue?

Am I completely off in thinking that if Freedomers have to be linked to a kingdom to PvP on Chaos, then there is in fact accountability? A Kingdom can be sacked and wiped out correct? The example Emoo gave, in which I recognize Nikkunikku and Roman as my neighbors on Deli, is pretty much what I've been talking about. They've joined a village on Chaos. They still live on Deli (at least I hope so! :) ), but their actions can bring glory or DOOOM to their new village on Chaos. How long would a village that continually syphens off goods to other servers really survive? Am I wrong in thinking they can in fact be annihilated?

I wouldn't be particularly psyched to log in and find hordes of raiders trampling through my fields on Deli. I get where that concern is coming from, and the thought that it has happened in the past does open the possibility that maybe one day it might happen again. We can't let the potential for something bad to happen paralyze us and push us into poor directions though.

65 Million years ago an asteroid 6-miles wide slammed into Mexico causing mass extinctions. Do you lose sleep knowing it can happen again just about any time? I would imagine not. It has happened, it could happen, but it's the type of thing you try and look out for and deal with if it does happen. Opening PvE servers to PvP raids as a sacrificial lamb of some sorts, I suppose, could perhaps maybe potentially probablynot happen. All kinds of Chaos dwellers are right here on record saying it is not necessary and the transfer of goods from Chaos to other servers doesn't bother them. Bookmark the link, serve it back up in the future if need be, but in the meantime, there comes a point where worrying about it does more harm than good... particularly for the worriers.

Individual are the ones doing the losing, what is the failure, the loss of brain cells continuing to read this thread?

I suppose I can just sit back and laugh and tell people "I told you so" when players on Chaos start getting angry about a horde of PVE players coming over, sacking a town, stripping it down to rock, and then heading back home with a dozen lockpicked ships loaded down with loot. There are sufficient ex-wilders with experience on Freedom to easily guide/manage a 40-person 10-catapult organized raid

If you do not believe that such a thing could happen, you are foolish. Every time a dragon dies on Freedom, there are enough players present to raze most Chaos towns.

However I always prefer to try to address a problem before the friggin wheels come off rather than sit and watch an inevitable trainwreck. It seems though, that people really want to see this trainwreck happen. So be it, I'll stop trying to inject common sense where it's not wanted.

Except you refuse to actually respond to any posts with a logical argument or any sense behind them. You pick up the small fries and defend your argument avidly then back down every time someone with a viable response (see above) bothers to respond. You also refuse to back up your argument on several strong points that more than one person has brought up and continue to defend an argument that is obviously despised by the majority (of the forum) community.

I accept that you believe it is such. If I thought it were such, I would never have even brought it up. If Chaos recovers, great. I don't have any high hopes for it, which is why I threw this out for people to comment on.

Recovers from what? The prime of wild was about ~110-120 online in peak time. 140-150 was a major event. It's not too far off that lower range on busy days now, and that's with some former wilders now on epic. Stop making wild out to be some limping dog that needs to be put down. I think this thread needs to be put down instead.

Noone has any problems with weekend warriors, so that's one of your worries gone, you need not be concerned about us. We like trading with other servers, so that's another gone. It gives people on the freedom cluster a chance to pvp if they want it, so that's a bonus for all. Noone has even considered raiding on the freedom servers and only Rolf thought it was a good idea when it was done to the home servers before, with disastrous effects I'm sure he'll forever remmeber. So nothing to worry yourself about. :)

• Like 3

I've done what I can to try to inject some common sense, but you guys don't want it, so I'll just sit back with popcorn and watch as Chaos-PVP and Freedom-PVE relations melt down over an open border that allows 100% safe storage of loot.

I look forward to the show!

The lands will never be connected and i think Raybarg made some nice points in that too.

If the land will ever go anywere, it would be freedom and not Epic.

Recovers from what? The prime of wild was about ~110-120 online in peak time. 140-150 was a major event. It's not too far off that lower range on busy days now, and that's with some former wilders now on epic. Stop making wild out to be some limping dog that needs to be put down. I think this thread needs to be put down instead.

Noone has any problems with weekend warriors, so that's one of your worries gone, you need not be concerned about us. We like trading with other servers, so that's another gone. It gives people on the freedom cluster a chance to pvp if they want it, so that's a bonus for all. Noone has even considered raiding on the freedom servers and only Rolf thought it was a good idea when it was done to the home servers before, with disastrous effects I'm sure he'll forever remmeber. So nothing to worry yourself about. :)

Liking this post once simply isn't enough.

Gave Chaos a shot, was hunted down within 30 minutes of entering the server with the only spawn location being outside an enemy deed(off deed at the exact same tile every time) with enemy tower guards/agro mobs also at that spot. Managed to escape only to have the enemies show back up to kill everyone they had just killed since they knew there was absolutely no place for us to hide.

Later found out one of the fighters had stayed behind to chase down and kill naked people on the starter deed(those who weren't kos) while tanking all of the guards.

With no option other than be killed indefinitely, I logged off. I won't be returning, nor will the people that came with me.

There's no room for new players on this server.

• Like 1

3) Chaos players will grow more and more angry and demand that Rolf "DO SOMETHING"

It was the Chaos players that always wanted free travel between Wild/Freedom, and the Freedom people that wanted the old travel restriction (portals and skill loss).

So you are making this idea because you assume a group of people want something completely different than what they actually want?

If Chaos players were afraid of weekend raiders from Freedom I doubt they would have spent a year convincing Rolf to reinstate full PvP on Chaos while keeping the border open to the rest of Freedom. :rolleyes:

You can't compare the old home servers to Freedom.

Gave Chaos a shot, was hunted down within 30 minutes of entering the server with the only spawn location being outside an enemy deed(off deed at the exact same tile every time) with enemy tower guards/agro mobs also at that spot. Managed to escape only to have the enemies show back up to kill everyone they had just killed since they knew there was absolutely no place for us to hide.

Later found out one of the fighters had stayed behind to chase down and kill naked people on the starter deed(those who weren't kos) while tanking all of the guards.

With no option other than be killed indefinitely, I logged off. I won't be returning, nor will the people that came with me.

Did you try before or after tony green quit?

What you mean is "i got myself converted to BL which is currently bugged and technically not meant to exist on the server (yet?) then i died because a group of fighters happened to catch me out in the open when they came to raid that one group of BLers on the server". As i remember it you were armourless, standing still off deed with a plank in your hand. Hardly prudent.

We didn't know anything about your spawn situation but the simple fact that there is not meant to be BL on the server at might scream "thats your own fault" a bit.

- Oh and the starter deed thing, we were raiding another deed nearby and someone logged onto Orago in our local at the shroud and started spouting insults, swearing and ggeneral nastiness in local so yes i ran on deed past the guards and killed him.

You cannot call that a typical "new player on the server" scenario. You got unlucky that we raided that day and you were the victim of your own decision to conert to a bugged kingdom Rolf has not officially implemented onto Chaos

Edited by Nadroj
  • Like 1

Keep Chaos away from Epic.

Chaos is trash compared to what we have.

• Like 1

TLDR Nadroj Sounds like your momma didn't give you enough attention as a child.

Also keep Chaos and Epic Separate. Thanks.

Really, I think we all know what must be done. Rolf should just delete freedumb.

Sure some babbies would cry for a little while, but after, Rolf could concerntrate entirely on making Wurm more fun.

• Like 1

Really, I think we all know what must be done. Rolf should just delete freedumb.

Sure some babbies would cry for a little while, but after, Rolf could concerntrate entirely on making Wurm more fun.

Even worse suggestion than the OP.

My -1 is for a very simple reason.

If I wanted to play on Epic rather than Chaos - I would be. I'm playing on Chaos because I want to be over there and not on Epic.

At the moment players have more choice. Joining Chaos to Epic would be reducing choice because it would once again be a PvP cluster, and a PvE cluster. Currently we have the EPic PvP cluster, and a PvE cluster with the option of a bit of PvP.

If you do not believe that such a thing could happen, you are foolish. Every time a dragon dies on Freedom, there are enough players present to raze most Chaos towns.

should have a look at who those players are. Most of those are in a kingdom on chaos and would defend rather than raid it. You're being silly.

I've done what I can to try to inject some common sense, but you guys don't want it, so I'll just sit back with popcorn and watch as Chaos-PVP and Freedom-PVE relations melt down over an open border that allows 100% safe storage of loot.

I look forward to the show!

I do too, if PvE players want to give pvp a shot that'll be a lot of fun for both sides :)

Edited by Alyeska

I really see no reason to add Chaos to Epic, let it stay connected to Freedom, no harm in it.