Sign in to follow this  
Warlander

New House Calculator

I really like where this project is going. :)

I have one suggestion, it would be good to make the "pieces" extensible (easy way to add/remove/replace things like walls, fences and such). Not only because it makes it easy to add new models that appear in game, but maybe you could have others contribute and save you some work with adding them.

Edited by Aldur

I think I will do this - unfortunately, I can't deploy new versions of HouseCalc as applet (only desktop and JNLP versions will be available - don't worry, I will keep the old version online, too), but instead I will open source the whole project and make it moddable (adding new models from .png and .obj files with only one text file).

Two more screenshots from alpha version (roofs are not ready yet, I am currently working on them):

lnynwqh.png

fnsacsy.png

Everything will be ready in about a week, in the worst case maximum two weeks.

Every "resource" (floors, walls and roofs - everything except grass and skies) is imported to the program via text file, png textures and .obj models (no Collada models support, so every model must be imported to Blender and saved as .obj) - everything is so simple that almost everybody should be able to modify existing resources and add new without problems.

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 2

New post for better visibility.

Is there anyone good at 3d modeling? Program core is finished, part of data is imported into program, but I have problem with some textures and I don't have an idea how to fix this. Most of these textures have one thing in common - animations. If anyone wants to help, please send me PM. :)

I think this is the last problem before release.

Few screenshots presenting texturing bug (and "normal" structure ;)):

nwoe.png

azyr.png

Edited by Warlander

Why do you say they have animations in common? Walls aren't animated. Or do you mean that about the rest? Anyway the ones on the screens look like they need an offset to origin (and other transformations maybe?). Which OGL are you using, did you decide to write shaders manually or using old pipeline?

The program is written in old pipeline for the compatibility with every computer.

The problem is when there are models like doors (two or three linked, animated models) - this is mostly visible in case of wooden doors where only doors are bugged. Exception to this rule is stone wall which is bugged even though it is composed from only one "part".

Edit: I have managed to fix this problem - it was easier than I thought - reversing y texture coordinates for some models is enough. Now the program is in the final straight - expect release today or tomorrow. ;)

Edited by Warlander
  • Like 2

I don't know how this is done in fixed pipeline, nor how exactly these models are implemented in your program. But at least for walls, it should be a matter of scale/translate/rotate the texture until it fits correctly. It should work for single-door wooden I suppose, but I don't understand why doubledoor appears all stoney. These models were added much later, may have been done in some custom way perhaps?

Last post on this thread before yours dates April 14, 2013. I am going to take a wild guess and say its outdated and no longer supported since thats about 4 years ago.