Sign in to follow this  
Ficik

Premium

I wanted to pay for premium becouse I enjoyed my last few days in this game, then i run into problem... It's not possible to pay only for one month?!? It should be said somewhere on front page, not only if someone really wants to buy premium, this is just missleading, i don't want to be forced to pay more for something i don't want.

I read it's becouse of some transaction fees or something like that. This can be caused by two things... #1 someone is lying. I played many games with subscription fees at 5€, even 5$. And how could Steam sell games for 2€ if they had to pay more fees than they'll be able to get from people. or #2 something is horribly wrong with your system...

I can't tell i was lied to, but this is just wrong... So i would like to know why? Why was i "tricked" and why can't i pay only for one month in cost of 5€?

you could buy 10 silver then use that 10 silver in-game to buy one month of premium.

you are really paying 2euros for the 2months.

first 2months you get free 2s + referal which sells for 6-7s.

Thats 8-9s free! with 2months premium.

In that 2month time you have a lot time to get 10s and buy a next premium for ingame money ^^

I made around 200s in my first 2months of wurming.. so dont feel scammed, it's actually better than you think.

edit: is 10$ such an big investment anyway xD?

think about goin to shop, you will spend a lot more than 10$ in there, so what's wrong if you spend little on a thing you really enjoy.

Edited by silakka

If you're that worked up over not being able to buy some premium a certain way, then you probably should stop playing now

• Like 1

go for 1 month + 5 silver, then you get your 2s for first time premium and a referral, sell the referral for 7s and you now have 14s + 1 month premium, thats a deed (10s), upkeep and some tools / guard to get you started...

I would of rather paid $10 a month tbh, not 5 per month simply because of the value of the stuff you get anyhow, don't pass on an opportunity just because it's $5 more for 2.5x the stuff it gives.

I just don't like the way it's presented, I wouldn't mind if it was 10€ a month, but if the "About the game" page says it's 5€ and then I can't get 1 month for 5€ without stuff i don't really want (silver)... I didn't expect that and now I can't pay for it, becouse I don't have enough money on paypal and banks aren't working at the weekend. By the time I'll be able to pay 10€ I'll probably lose many lvls and leave the game. They should have tell from begining. This isn't fair behavior to customers.

They should have tell from begining. This isn't fair behavior to customers.

actually, it's your fault for not paying attention to it.

It's well written in the shop page.

many buy 1month prem with ingame 10s, that's why it would be useless for the cash option.

actually, it's your fault for not paying attention to it.

It's well written in the shop page.

Actually it is not, why should i want to log into shop, before i want to buy anything? And at that point, i though there's an option to pay only 5€ as said in "About the game"

many buy 1month prem with ingame 10s, that's why it would be useless for the cash option.

yeah, becouse they have no choice, half of them want what i want, i would do it too, but now, i'll rather play game that's straight from beggining

It says: " If you want to buy premium membership to unlock high skill levels, just go to the shop and buy premium for 5€ per month any time you like."

It doesn't promise that you can buy 1 months premium at a time. Minimum purchase in the Wurm shop is 10 euro so you would rather the monthly subscription were raised to 10 euro instead of just paying for 2 months at a time?

• Like 1

It says: " If you want to buy premium membership to unlock high skill levels, just go to the shop and buy premium for 5€ per month any time you like."

It doesn't promise that you can buy 1 months premium at a time.

Most people see "hey, it's only 5€ a month, i like this game so i'll give it a try" and when they go to the shop "oh, I have to buy 2 months, ok i wanted to give them money anyway." and they'll buy it. It feels like some kind of psychological trick to get more money.

Minimum purchase in the Wurm shop is 10 euro so you would rather the monthly subscription were raised to 10 euro instead of just paying for 2 months at a time?

Yes, if it was said directly. This game is worth 10€ a month, but now i feel tricked

if this game deserves something, it's the little money from us.

they spend a lot more time helping us than just tryin to make money.

Example of same situation.

At airport someone brought too many cigarettes with him and they took them from him because he had little over the allowed amount.

He will say 'omg why this was never told me before???'

It was his job to find out about the rules and law, he cannot blame the workers who just follow the instructions they have been given.

[maybe not the best example xD]

Here also you should research more before coming to blame the game.

• Like 1

You've got good point, but i think this is different situation.

There's not hundred of thousand people playing, so they should care about every single "subscriber" and i don't think i'm the only one who didn't buy premium becouse of this.

This is ridiculous.

1. You didn't pay enough attention when planning your purchase.. next time use common sense

2. The fact that they have a minimum 10e purchase through their store is a VERY COMMON business practice... if you've never seen this.. you must not shop much

4. You added exactly 5e to your paypal account then found out you made a mistake by not finding out what you were buying first? Suddenly its the weekend and you can't add more money to your paypal account because paypal takes days to process pulling money from your account? USE A FREAKING DEBIT CARD. It isn't REQUIRED you use a paypal account, it is just required you pay through paypal. You can choose not to use your paypal account when checking out and use a debit / credit card instead.

5. Please, enjoy the game, just either grow up or use some common sense in the future. This isn't an issue with wurm or it's business model, this is a consumer making a mistake, and then ignorantly starting a complaint about how they've been lied to.

You've got good point, but i think this is different situation.

There's not hundred of thousand people playing, so they should care about every single "subscriber" and i don't think i'm the only one who didn't buy premium becouse of this.

You're right.. i think you're one of the .1% of people who couldn't figure out how to purchase game time through their store.

This game is awesome, and you'll run into some quirks or issues occasionally, sometimes with players, sometimes with bugs, and tons of other things.. this isn't a mainstream game where you are entitled to whine about bull$*%#. The community will burn you for being a fool like this. Welcome to Wurm ;)

• Like 1

There we go... Fanboys...

1. I played a lot of MMOs and payed for many of them and i never had reason to check, if information provided somewhere else than in the shop is 100% correct, becouse it should be.

3. If someone stops and thinks i'm right at some point, then it makes sense to me. (And also i feel better :P )

4. I've ordered card week ago, it should be done in about a week from now... So what are my other options?

5. I never said they lie also insulting me is not good argument

6. Enough said in #1 and #4

I wanted to pay for premium becouse I enjoyed my last few days in this game, then i run into problem... It's not possible to pay only for one month?!? It should be said somewhere on front page, not only if someone really wants to buy premium, this is just missleading, i don't want to be forced to pay more for something i don't want.

I read it's becouse of some transaction fees or something like that. This can be caused by two things... #1 someone is lying. I played many games with subscription fees at 5€, even 5$. And how could Steam sell games for 2€ if they had to pay more fees than they'll be able to get from people. or #2 something is horribly wrong with your system...

I can't tell i was lied to, but this is just wrong... So i would like to know why? Why was i "tricked" and why can't i pay only for one month in cost of 5€?

You say 1, someone is lying (someone being wurm), or 2, something is horribly wrong with their system. Later saying you can't say for sure you were lied to, but you were 'tricked'. Doesn't matter how you sugarcoat it, you feel cheated. You shouldn't.

You don't have a debit card yet? WHY.. is this their problem / fault? You could also borrow one from someone who trusts you.. a whole long list of things you could go out of your way for if you cared enough to get the payment through.. i mean.. if you cared half as much about actually paying for the premium time as you do about whining about it.. you'd have had it paid, and not be having this discussion right now.

in response to your #3, nobody has agreed with you.. so does it still make sense to you? Feel better?

Just play the game and shut up :P

Also.. in response to your #1.. doesn't matter how many games you've played, that doesn't rule out the concept of using common sense and seeing what you're gonna buy.. before you buy it.

You say 1, someone is lying (someone being wurm), or 2, something is horribly wrong with their system. Later saying you can't say for sure you were lied to, but you were 'tricked'. Doesn't matter how you sugarcoat it, you feel cheated. You shouldn't.

I was talking about the "I read it's becouse of some transaction fees or something like that."

You're right about me feeling cheated, i think this game is good and i would like to go premium but now i don't want to spend more money for something i really don't want right now and by that i mean some silver or another month. If there was said from beggining, "It's 5€ a month, but becouse of *** something, we're selling only 2 months, Or you can buy 1 month and in game currency" then i would pay without saying anything

Actually, the OP has a point. The advertisement IS misleading. Its not really intentional or a lie, But what it says on most of the game pages and what it says on the shop are two different things.

Its doubt its intentional, its simply a symptom of wurm not having proper PR (wosso and the others are doing great, but still, its not a dedicated PR team, and stuff like this get pass the filters).

This would be easily solved with a footnote saying 10€ minumum purchase at the bottom of the pages.

Other than that, Ficik, you should have had more foresight, and check the shop page prior to the time of the actual purchase. It IS common sense, i mean how do you know what payment options there are if you don't? There might have been a good promotion you might want to adhere, etc.

If i go on store page without loging in, It says Pay via paypal and other options are super reward and BLVD media coin mine, so i checked that but you need to log in to see how many months you can buy, but one month is standart so i didn't think about that.

Yep, that surprised me when I logged into the shop for the first time, but I highly doubt that's intentional misleading.

I don't think it's supposed to be misleading either. Wurm is cheap, especially with the 2 months and referral at first, etc.

Much ado about nothing. To purchase premium time players *must* log on to the Wurm Shop. When logged into the Wurm Shop the purchases you can make are all outlined before you with an explanation of what is offered to your particular character. No confusion or misleading implied within the price breakdowns. Any misinterpretations of costs made be an uninformed player (Ficik) previous to logging into the Wurm Shop are dispelled here.

Best to admit to your mistaken assumption and either pay for premium getting the bonus 2 silver with referal availabel to sell to other players to further reduce the cost to initally way below 5 euros per month, or continue playing gratus through the charity of Rolf as a free player, or quit the game and feel some sense of convoluted vindication in that you will not be one to be fooled into subscribing to Wurm Online under false pretentious advertising.

At any rate, I think you will receive little support from those here who try to kindly appease you and open your eyes to the path of enlightenment that lies before you in the direction in which they try to focus your thoughts. Wurm has many flaws to be sure and to focus upon those will make it much less the enjoyable experience. Choose the path less traveled then, eh?

=Ayes=