Sign in to follow this  
Salbian

Where Is The Most Active Market On Exodus?

As the title states, where is the most active market on Exodus, please list name and coords.

Well 4hours since this topic was opened and as we can see loads of market owners have flocked in to promote their market ....... :)

I've toured quite a few markets on Exodus and they broadly fall into 2 types

1. Emerging markets, lots of space but few merchants

2. Dying markets, lots of space and what merchants are there tend to be empty or emptying.

The only exception to this i think is Arcanum Market, x33, y47, it's quite large and half full or merchants most of which seem to be well stocked.

It is my belief, that Exo for now and the foreseeable future can only support one large general purpose market. I know by the number of new markets going up that not everyone believes like i do, but i don't think the economy or the player base supports so many general markets.

I know one group has been busy creating smaller local markets and these may be more popular, especially, again i think, if they each gain a reputation for a particular speciality such as boat gear, noob gear, enchanted tools, chain armor etc etc etc.

That's my view of things after my few weeks in Exo.

Personally i'd like to see someone put together an animal market near Esert, where players can bring their animals to sell once a week at the weekly fair? I dunno i'm just throwing out ideas.

Edited by Ratlin
  • Like 3

Ratlin, thank you very much for your input, it is greatly appreciated!

I'm going to second Arcanum market. It's fairly large, allows public placing of merchants, and has a decent selection of goods. The only problem with it is that it's in the far south, which is a problem for those in the north. Still, if you want the best existing market on the server, that would be my vote.

There are a number of small local markets on the server, some of them with limits on who can and can not place merchants, but to be honest, I feel that one large central market is needed, both to drive competition as well as provide lots of selection and choice. For that reason I applaud Banana's and Zerobyte's efforts on the new Exodus Central Market, which is a large public market very near Esert and accessible by water. If the Exodus playerbase consolidated all their merchants into that market, it would become a very popular and bustling shopping destination, and would drive the economy on Exodus even further.

Too many merchants are spread out - if I'm going to sail/hike halfway across the server, I want lots of choices when I get there, both in items and in what players are selling there. I don't like feeling that a particular market is "controlled" by one settlement or alliance. :)

Edited by Moxie

I feel, each deed should have one general merchant so we can off load anything or find odd things that we won't expect. Other than that, we should probably be patrons of New / Central market near New Port (convenient for a lot of boats) as it is really close to Esert. Many stalls, great location.

• Like 1

right now is realy hard to say what is good market, but known way is to visit all :D if u just follow highway u can stop first in gold pearl market -----> free bears----> vicus arboria----> esert highway market near public clay ----> new market ----> central market ----> zentila channel ----> boppington ----> purple pearl ----> white pearl ----> black pearl ----> arcanum market.... if u visit all that places im sure u will found what u need and for price u looking for :D every week i do that trip and is easy with highway :D

• Like 1

I like the way it is in Deli and Indy. You just go to FM or PP and get everything you need.

Hm, nice run Rocky, I think I'm going to have to try it,

My pockets seem a little weighed down atm ;D

I haven't been advertising Vicus Arboria market as much so it's a bit empty, but feel free to plant a merchant there. There is 4 NPC shops to check out as well. Inn, bar, smith shop and craft guild. Nothing much at the moment but that will change when we finish the village.