Sign in to follow this  
atazs

Special Moves For Weaponless Fighting

How many nations trough hystory you know that win a war or rised an empire using unarmed soldiers?

All of them. Soldiers lose their weapons or weapons become damaged in every war.

All of them. Soldiers lose their weapons or weapons become damaged in every war.

Seriously FarmerBob ? You can say such things with a straight face ? Because that is the most obtuse attempt to defend a completely wrong assumption I have seen in a long time. And please dont take it as a personal attack, Id love to see the unarmed combat get a lot of love... but that last line, you have to be joking.

Seriously FarmerBob ? You can say such things with a straight face ? Because that is the most obtuse attempt to defend a completely wrong assumption I have seen in a long time. And please dont take it as a personal attack, Id love to see the unarmed combat get a lot of love... but that last line, you have to be joking.

I am generally able to state the obvious truth with a straight face, yes. No nation that I know of has raised an entire army of unarmed soldiers with the intent to use them in large numbers to fight armed and armored soldiers, but every organized army that has ever existed has had to consider the problem of lost and damaged weapons. This leads, in almost every case, to soldiers being taught how to fight unarmed against an armed opponent, because losing one's weapon is going to happen, and any experienced commander of soldiers knows it, and doesn't want completely untrained useless fighters on the field.

With equal training levels, the armed soldier will normally win, but not every time. With equal training levels, an unarmed person in light armor will defeat the unarmed person in heavy armor almost every time, even if they have to resort to simply tiring out the person in heavier armor. In Wurm, the armed or armored player will win every single time if the skill levels are equivalent, and both sides start undamaged.

The idea that an unarmed man can defeat an equally skilled armed and armoured man is ridiculous, and history has always proved this. Since the dawn of time mankind has been in a race for better weapons, and that is not just a fetiche, it is because they do account for more effective combat.

Its not ridiculous considering the amount of time it takes to grind it up and how easily someone can be killed because unarmed only works if you wear no armour...

ohhh wait, both fighters are unarmed, and one of them has the hinderance of heavy armour, without the advantage of a weapon? that is a completely diferent scenario than what I thought you were initially talking about. Id say yes, in a 1 on 1 fight of equally skilled fighters, the fighter not carrying 45kg of metal on him will probably have an advantage. I guess I got confused with the "unarmed" combat thing, I thought it ment no weapon, instead of no armour.

ohhh wait, both fighters are unarmed, and one of them has the hinderance of heavy armour, without the advantage of a weapon? that is a completely diferent scenario than what I thought you were initially talking about. Id say yes, in a 1 on 1 fight of equally skilled fighters, the fighter not carrying 45kg of metal on him will probably have an advantage. I guess I got confused with the "unarmed" combat thing, I thought it ment no weapon, instead of no armour.

Until the figther with heavy armour punch the face of the unarmoured guy with a steel gauntlet, breacking his nose, pop one of the eyes and brocke half of his theet...

Or just kick the oponent crotch with a foot wraped in 15kg of steel driven his future posibilitys of having a decendency equal to 0.

• Like 1

instead of bickering about an uber armored/armed fighter going against an equally trained unarmed fighter... lets quantify and work out in which cases a couple unarmed fighters could kill a fully plated knight (this happened more in history than a single unarmed fighter killing a knight)

Cases in which unarmed fighting could be applied better:

-Different fighting techniques for the 3 stances (def, norm, agg)

-Each fighting technique would need to be trained to get certain characteristics for unarmed fighting

for Defensive fighting, this is more dodging of blows in order to exhaust an enemy. Think of this like a Drunken master fighter. Float like a butterfly, sting like a bee type fighting.

For Normal fighting, you would have more Grecco-Roman style wrestling. This will exhaust the fighter more, however, there are more disarming moves and grappling. This is where you get your stuns like shield bash.

For Aggressive fighting, this is more the Brazilian-Juditzu type moves that can lead to broken limbs with very little effort. (this is what the US military teaches during boot camps to all soldiers). These moves can easily tire out both the fighter and the victim. All special forces go through several degrees of this type of training, many of them walk away with broken fingers/ankles/arms/legs. The extended training is also open to any soldiers who wish to take part.

Also what needs to be noted are the Unarmed Buff spells that Fo can cast. These can give an unarmored person armored stats. As well as the weapon spell that lets fists and feet deal more damage than normal. A person can wear enchanted cloth armor and still do unarmed damage. so, any blow you give an unarmed person, can ultimately effect the attacker as well.

Armor will not protect you from physics and the limits of human range of mobility. If anything, being shrouded in metal makes a person slower, exhausted more quickly, and easier to grapple. Projectile warfare was developed to defeat both the unarmored and armored fighters.

There should also be a tree of fighting for armored unarmed fighting. to give an disarmed fighter a chance to defend themselves. Ultimately, a gang of unarmored fighters could kill anyone.

Farmer bob is somewhat right, all nations train their soldiers in hand to hand combat , Weapons break, Ammo runs out... Hand to Hand combat is the root of all combat if you think about it, Stances and Disciplines learned VIA training Hand to Hand can be used with weapons and Ranged weapons

• Like 1

+1 the sheer amount of times i have to strip down and box someone during streams/events is larger than it should be, as it is i win due to higher body stats but some actual skills would be good, instead of afk fighting with a focus every now and again

Recently seeing more of these older threads replied on makes me miss the old community and lack of today.

Huge +1

U shouldnt be always having to walk non pantless to benefit from this skill fe