Sign in to follow this  
Eyesgood

Epic Map Reset Suggestion - The Wurmhole!

Here's an idea on the concept of a map reset for epic.

There are two interesting concepts with this.

1st, the event happens at different times for different kingdoms and different time for elevation. -- this means each kingdom will be torn and vulnerable to the others every time this happens.

2nd, the event occurs once per map around every 2 real-life years but at some unknown time.

Event: The Wurmhole

/start map reset

One morning a weary villager notices that the island is sinking with shorelines growing by a rate of 1 tile per Wurm day.... It's the Wurmhole!!!!

At the same time, Someone discovers that traveling <direction> takes them to a new island.

Every day, the shore tiles on the map sink to max dirt level below the water until the entire map is below the water.

There's a mad rush to pack up and leave the current island before its too late.

Deed disbands during this cataclysmic event return 10s plus upkeep over 10s.

An eerie feeling comes over those last refugees as they sail above once populated towns and villages.

Eventually, all tiles are underwater on the original island... It soon afterwards vanishes forever.

Those who would spawn there would spawn at the starter village of the new island.

The new island has a starter token only.

New uniques for each new island, of course.

/end map reset

thoughts?

-1, just either nuke home servers or attach them to Elevation, and no to more uniques.....

-1, just either nuke home servers or attach them to Elevation, and no to more uniques.....

LOL, of course <sarcasm>

Edited by Eyesgood

LOL

Right.

[sarcasm]

To what purpose?

It is an interestng idea and more "interactive" than some of the other "reset the map" ideas, but just not seeing a "why" to do so. Unless it is just an effort to get uniques respawned or to force people to move from an area you want to attack but can't or wanted for yourself (and not meaning you specifically, just as a generalized term).

Ive lost all my interest in Epic due to the lack of restarts, should it restart again I would love to come over and re live the first truly EPIC moments of when Epic came out.

That is not the point however, and unlike yourself Eyesgood, I am not selfish enough to try push for something the current population of Epic clearly does not want. Please for the love of Magranon, stop making these posts about restart this and restart that because pretty much the entire population of Epic does not want it. Just leave them alone to enjoy what they currently have.

A huge -1 from me.

• Like 1

Believe it or not, I am NOT for a map reset at all. I wouldn't mind an ore respawn created by massive cave-ins, but I don't want map resets. But since so many mention map resets on Epic, I would rather have some interesting setting for one as opposed to wipe and be done idea, hence, this suggestion.

But I would vote NO RESETS EVER if my vote was to be counted.

Believe it or not, I am NOT for a map reset at all. I wouldn't mind an ore respawn created by massive cave-ins, but I don't want map resets. But since so many mention map resets on Epic, I would rather have some interesting setting for one as opposed to wipe and be done idea, hence, this suggestion.

But I would vote NO RESETS EVER if my vote was to be counted.

The only people who wan't a reset on epic are the people who keep losing out on the random stuff, like BL winning the and JK winning the glimmersteel bombs. From what my epic ears have heard.

Ive lost all my interest in Epic due to the lack of restarts, should it restart again I would love to come over and re live the first truly EPIC moments of when Epic came out.

That is not the point however, and unlike yourself Eyesgood, I am not selfish enough to try push for something the current population of Epic clearly does not want. Please for the love of Magranon, stop making these posts about restart this and restart that because pretty much the entire population of Epic does not want it. Just leave them alone to enjoy what they currently have.

A huge -1 from me.

You have me confused with someone else. I don't recall making a map reset suggestion until today - and this one was only because of this thread.

I love how people say "I quit because there are no resets"

Why the hell would people input large amounts of time into an account just for it to be wiped away, the whole reason the beginning was fun - there was a lot of people without stone houses and minedoors to hide behind. I have more fun roaming the map now with just myself or another, maybe catching a few souls off deed.

or the "You can't catch up to the best guys"

3x skillgain, I have two accounts with relatively the same body stats, wasn't hard to get near 50.

I wish there were no server borders so people wouldn't server hop on boats, that would make PvP 100% more enjoyable.

I really can't imagine that a reset would make many happy. I do realize it is for Epic but come on, no one wants to see thee months of work flushed down the drain :/

Edited by Shrimpiie

I thought the whole draw to Epic at the beginning was the events and map resets?... Hence, that is why the increased skill gain, because it would all be wiped in 6 months to a year. It was like a reboot every so often. I could swear that is what Rolf said back when it launched. Probably wrong though.

Think he said that was the intent, but players didn't agree, so I believe he eventually said there would be no resets without a game design/bug/massive exploit being the cause. But there are still "natural" disasters which can make parts of a map... interesting... I remember a few pics from a deed showing an almost verticle wall near the middle of the deed where one of these things was centered.

If Epic was reset in anyway, I'd probably lose enough interest to call it done for Wurm. I'd be ok with combining home/ele together into one server if it was just pretty much removing the borders, but I don't think it'd work because f2p on home is vital, and f2p on ele is a bad idea.

Think he said that was the intent, but players didn't agree, so I believe he eventually said there would be no resets without a game design/bug/massive exploit being the cause. But there are still "natural" disasters which can make parts of a map... interesting... I remember a few pics from a deed showing an almost verticle wall near the middle of the deed where one of these things was centered.

Who was it a while back that had huge mountain pop up through half their deed, and looked at from afar it looked like a hand grabbing up through the ground? Your post reminded me of it