Sign in to follow this  
Zendar

Questions About Decay, Woa, Coc

So far I havent darwd invest in enchanted tools because I am unsure about the mechanics connected to them.

This is what I know:

CoC increases skill gain per tick (is a tick 1 second?)

WoA lowers the timer (does this mean it lowers the decay too? Or increase it since it increases the speed that you "work"?)

My main question is, why do people add both CoC and WoA on a tool?? Is that becuse they want the speed increase without losing the skill gain?

And is decay based on ticks or every action?

A "tick" is the event of you getting a skill gain, so it's nothing to do with time.

WoA has no effect on decay. (Did you mean damage ? I'm not sure if it effects damage caused by using tools.)

As using a WoA tool generally gives less skill, they add a CoC enchantment to offset that loss.

• Like 1

I will try to answer as best that I can, there are many who understand the mechanics much better than me though.

All skills have a timer associated with the action to use that skill. The longer the timer is, generally the more opportunity for a skill bump to occur. High CoC can add greatly to the chance for a skill bump. Often "skiller" tools will have very low QL and high CoC to have very slow timers (because of low Ql) with the benefits of CoC.

High WOA makes actions faster. Many people will combine high WOA with high QL tools to make an action as fast as they can. This greatly lowers the opportunity for skill gain.

A tool with CoC and WOA is generally used by someone with decent skills that wants to do things faster but still wants a chance of skill gain.

Decay comes from lack of use, usually when not in a persons inventory. Decay causes damage to a tool over time. Damage can also occur to a tool on every use. The damage can be repaired easily but reduces the QL of the tool with every repair (the QL can generally be re-improved by skilled crafters).

The enchantments do lose potency. The mechanics of this loss are not well understood as far as I know them. The concensus that I know says that greater amounts of damage (either from decay or over use) that are repaired all at once can cause the enchantment to lose power. It is generally thought better to have many small repairs rather than 1 big long repair because of this. That said, a tool could still lose a point of power over time without a cause, though most people will say this is unlikely.

Edited by Pollo
  • Like 1

Thanks a lot, that clarified everything. (Yes I ment damage tool takes from use)

I just play the game and let the skills gain naturally over time I like to use woa tools for faster action timers and add on the coc for some help with skills. Doing it this way you will get high skill over time maybe not like the others who grind for skills but you will get there either way.

All skills have a timer associated with the action to use that skill. The longer the timer is, generally the more opportunity for a skill bump to occur. High CoC can add greatly to the chance for a skill bump. Often "skiller" tools will have very low QL and high CoC to have very slow timers (because of low Ql) with the benefits of CoC.

Usually the amount of skill you get on a tick depends on the length of the action. The length does not affect the actual chance usually

Well I am in no rush to skill, I am simply enjoying the game. It is however interesting with the enchants and skills such as mining is a bit slow and tedious and that's one of the skills I'd like to get upp to 50 as fast as possible, so I can use ironveins with a good consciense. Same deal with woodcutting. I basically want to be able to attain decent ql "main materials" to be able to skill my crafting professions my imping stuff, atm i get an average 25ish QL log/stone/ore

Biggest thing that you can do fairly easily is have a house with a bed in it. For every 24 minutes of logged out time in bed, you will get 1 minute of sleep bonus. You can have up to 5 hours of sleep bonus. Sleep bonus is also sometimes reset when there are server problems. You turn on/off sleep bonus by typing /fsleep in the chat line. Sleep bonus gives 3x stamina regen and 2x skill gain for most skills while on. Use SB on skills you want to concentrate on and you will gain quickly.

Edited by Pollo
  • Like 1