Sign in to follow this  
Exeffer

Do You Think The Devs Will Reset Epic?

Now let me start this with: I AM NOT FOR EPIC RESETS NOR AGAINST IT. I am just wondering what people think.

So I read on the wiki that Wild (i know it is still existant) was removed and replaced with Epic because "it is sad, but it is the price of progress". So I am guessing that it had to do with population.

So if Wild was removed because of a growth of population, do you think that all of the new players coming in that Epic will be reset too?

Again, I just want some speculation from players on what they think. So please state your opinion AND why you think that.

I don't think anyone would be angry about this post but if it offends anyone I'll remove it :)

http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/54651-quench-epic-reset-rumours/

"I heard that there are still rumours that the Epic servers will reset periodically. Those ideas were scrapped quite long ago when I fleshed out the actual scenario structure."

I doubt it would be reconsidered unless either the right people or a huge amount of people make a huge fuss about it.. tbh I kind of wish there was an Epic server the size of Independence/Chaos, but fairly sure something like that would never be possible...

• Like 2

Yes, Epic should be completely reset: both skills and maps

couldn't resist

Edited by Klaa
  • Like 3

Yes, Epic should be completely reset: both skills and maps

couldn't resist

Why do you believe it should be reset?

Now let me start this with: I AM NOT FOR EPIC RESETS NOR AGAINST IT. I am just wondering what people think.

So I read on the wiki that Wild (i know it is still existant) was removed and replaced with Epic because "it is sad, but it is the price of progress". So I am guessing that it had to do with population.

So if Wild was removed because of a growth of population, do you think that all of the new players coming in that Epic will be reset too?

Again, I just want some speculation from players on what they think. So please state your opinion AND why you think that.

I don't think anyone would be angry about this post but if it offends anyone I'll remove it :)

You should never remove or silence yourself simply because someone is offended for whatever reason. There's no reason to ever say anything if it had to be retracted when the inevitable offence is taken to anything and everything.

On topic

No i don't think he will. The only server i could envision being wiped and reborn is elevation alone. That being said he could use the natural disaster mechanic to piecemeal scramble the servers with increasing frequency but the disasters would need to be alot less severe then now since currently they render the areas mostly uninhabitable. A more naturalization effect without the extreme hundreds plus slopes and unfixable rock formations of today. Using these he could over time reset most of a server without the outcry and outrage level a reset will have.

Why do you believe it should be reset?

Ah my bad... forgot the [/sarcasm] closing tag.

Ok so far the Devs aren't planning to reset the Epic servers. And they probably won't for a while unless people really want them reset. This is what I have so far, am I missing anything?

Yay, please reset epic and skills so I will have the great opportunity to skill up my weaponsmithing to 90+ again for the 3th time :D

• Like 2

A map reset wouldn't hurt, though wouldn't want a skill reset...

I say announce a flood happening, give everyone a single raft for putting in the most important items that people will keep and destroy whatever is on the map.

Edited by PsMaster
  • Like 1

If he toned down the extremes of the natural disasters, added some tile type but not geographic changing ones such as a sandstorm flipping all tiles in a large circle to sand. Or all tiles to thick mature olives or tundra/steppe/lava/marsh/peat/clay ect. And then had them happen alot more often across all the servers it could effect a complete map scramble in say a year or 9 or 6 months and infect the servers with a dynamic ever changing both for the better and worse environment. Chaos essentially and ironically.

So the pro to a regular map reset would be people would focus on pvping and would most likely head straight to Elevation. The con would be; It might get irritating and grinding would eventually have to be done again. Players might even move to Chaos because they don't want to get their items and skills reset.

Certainly not reset skills, thats just mean, but maps.... a series of disasters in semi-rapid succession can handle this.

How about this for a twist????

Event: The Wurmhole (suggested here)

/start map reset

One morning a weary villager notices that the island is sinking with shorelines growing by a rate of 1 tile per Wurm day.... It's the Wurmhole!!!!

At the same time, Someone discovers that traveling <direction> takes them to a new island.

Every day, the shore tiles on the map sink to max dirt level below the water until the entire map is below the water.

There's a mad rush to pack up and leave the current island before its too late.

Deed disbands during this cataclysmic event return 10s plus upkeep over 10s.

An eerie feeling comes over those last refugees as they sail above once populated towns and villages.

eventually.... all tiles are underwater on the original island... it soon afterwards vanishes forever.

those who would spawn there would spawn at the starter village of the new island.

/end map reset

Edited by Eyesgood
  • Like 1

How about this for a twist????

Event: The Wurmhole

/start map reset

Game Lore announces that the island is sinking with shorelines growing by a rate of 1 tile per Wurm day.... It's the Wurmhole!!!!

Every day, the shore tiles on the map sink to max dirt level below the water until the entire map is below the water.

An eerie feeling comes over those last refugees as they sail above once populated towns and villages.

At the same time, Game Lore announces the discovery of a new island.

There's a mad rush to pack up and leave the current island before its too late.

Deed disbands during this cataclysmic event return 10s plus upkeep over 10s.

eventually.... all tiles are underwater on the original island... it soon afterwards vanishes forever.

those who would spawn there would spawn at the starter village of the new island.

/end map reset

I think that would be a good idea :D, if devs do have a map reset they should make it random, have it happen at any time.

Edited by Exeffer

I wouldn't mind a map reset - if only for getting rid of all the ancient junk laying around.

Would also be nice to have a few real mountain again - currently they're more like a swiss cheese. :)