Sign in to follow this  
Rhoktar

Make Staves Combat-Capable!

Polearms

• Staves

Quarterstaff

Half-Staff

Full-Staff

Damage quickly when used to parry. Metal more durable, higher damage, slightly lower parrying rates.

Quarterstaff - Blunt damage substantially lower than mauls, Parry rate moderately higher than even longswords, One-handed (equippable with shield).

Half-Staff - Blunt weapon damage on par with mauls, Highest parrying rate in game, Cannot be wielded with a shield equipped.

Full-Staff - Blunt weapon damage moderately higher than mauls, Higher parrying rate than large swords and quarterstaff. Cannot be wielded with shield equipped.

What besides making the almost as useless spears and halbards are staffs good for now as is?

What besides making the almost as useless spears and halbards are staffs good for now as is?

I think what he's trying to say is let's focus on making spears and halberds more useful before we start adding in new staff types.

Huh? I was quite content with my halberd so far, what's so bad about them?

Maybe I should try another weapon.

I think he was giving this idea a +1 by agreeing that they are currently not useful, so a change is in order.

I heard from my friend he can beat down spiders with a staff and that they have great parry rate