Sign in to follow this  
Luniraen

Improved Spirit Templar Defending Shout

Hey All,

I would like to see the shout from the spirit templar improved, currently when an aggro animal wanders into deed borders it shouts in local -

"I'll take care of Aged Brown Bear"

As I'm still working on my fight skills, I would love to join in the fighting, but 8/10 times by the time I find the spirit templar & bear etc it is dead! So instead I would like it if the spirit templar would shout a direction with his war cry, something like -

"I'll take care of Aged Brown Bear! Allies to the North"

What do you all think?

Luni

Edited by Luniraen
  • Like 1

I like it. Would also help with finding those trapped mobs that the templars so love to shout about lol

Not sure how easy to determine compass direction for each tile.

• Like 1

While on this subject would it be too much to call out which village is shouting it to either help or prepare to lock yourself in when you hear your neighbor's templar shouting about a champ troll?

"I'll take care of Venerable Champion Troll!. For Oathkeeper!"

• Like 2

I like the idea of "Allies to the North" etc, relative to the token it'd give you a good idea of where the tresspasser is, which'd be very useful on a big deed especially. Maybe within 10 tiles of the token we could have "Allies to the Town Square!"

• Like 1

I like the idea of "Allies to the North" etc, relative to the token it'd give you a good idea of where the tresspasser is, which'd be very useful on a big deed especially. Maybe within 10 tiles of the token we could have "Allies to the Town Square!"

Only aslong as it get's to shout "Oh crap it's a troll!"

I think the templar name or shout should include what settlement it belongs to as well. I'm surrounded by deeds, and I'd like to know which templar is shouting about something I'd want to help fight or stay away from :lol:

• Like 1

While on this subject would it be too much to call out which village is shouting it to either help or prepare to lock yourself in when you hear your neighbor's templar shouting about a champ troll?

"I'll take care of Venerable Champion Troll!. For Oathkeeper!"

"I'll take care of Venerable Champion Troll to the North for Oathkeeper with 35 days of upkeep left the time is 1845 the temperature is 45f/7.2c the wind is strong breeze out of the south the humidity is 50% it will be sunny with a breeze out of the south all day becoming calm tonight with a low of......"

Ill take care of -------! and something inculding deed name :P

also 1shout per 30min-1hour, its so annoyin when they try to fight a troll.

Glad people like it :)

Hmm I don't have a problem with other templar's close by causing confusion, but I guess you'd have to look for the orange text in event window to see if you're gates are locked? or does that not solve it...

If not the only solution I could think of without it becoming a silly amount of text is if the Deed templars were named, so it read -

"<Oathkeeper Templar> I'll take care of Aged Brown Bear! Allies to the North"

But in all honesty with the length of some deed names that could get silly as well. I'd just be happy with some kind of direction being added :)

Yeah, might be worth a shot. Although I get real tired of all the guard jabber in local. Give them their own chat tab too. In fact, give each deed it's own tab that pops up when you get close. That way you know which deed the guard belongs to and you can close the bloody tab when he endlessly fights the same troll time after time after time.

Edited by Sarcaticous

Obviously not every deed only has 1 guard, so what if it happens that one guard is north of a mob, while the other is south, and they yell conflicting directions?

Perhaps closer to "All to the east of the deed!" rather then direction based on position of guards.

Edited by RainRain

Maybe make 1 the head shouting guard. If he dies make another one it. should work maybe

Hi,

since I absolutely hate it how these ghostly NPC's are stealing the fight skills of our newer villagers and are making any hunting obsolete, I'd suggest another way:

Spirit templars aren't attacking themselves (without a substantial additional fee) anymore, but they respond to /help as stronger tower guards, and would watch the deed area instead:

[spirit templar]: Beware, citizens of [deed name]! Young sly rat spotted in the East!

Once every 5 minutes, in village chat. And maybe once every 15 minutes in local chat, to let neighbors know.

The current templar spam in local is embarrassing, IMHO, at our place. Would they do their griefing quietly it wouldn't be this hard to bear. But announcing that "Some more salt in your wound, hehe! You are just getting robbed by some more potential FS!" every 10 minutes is too much, in my book.

+1 to the suggestion, as long as the stupid NPC meat mill madness gets stopped.

Have fun!

• Like 1

Hi,

since I absolutely hate it how these ghostly NPC's are stealing the fight skills of our newer villagers and are making any hunting obsolete, I'd suggest another way:

Spirit templars aren't attacking themselves (without a substantial additional fee) anymore, but they respond to /help as stronger tower guards, and would watch the deed area instead:

[spirit templar]: Beware, citizens of [deed name]! Young sly rat spotted in the East!

Once every 5 minutes, in village chat. And maybe once every 15 minutes in local chat, to let neighbors know.

The current templar spam in local is embarrassing, IMHO, at our place. Would they do their griefing quietly it wouldn't be this hard to bear. But announcing that "Some more salt in your wound, hehe! You are just getting robbed by some more potential FS!" every 10 minutes is too much, in my book.

Have fun!

You can turn off Spirit Templars attacking aggressive creatures, which sounds as though it would solve the issue you are having

+1 for the suggestions regarding Deed name /Directions though, as I have occasionally 2 deeds in local and it would be helpful to know where im going to help (or run away if its an eagle spirit :D )

Hi,

Have fun!

+1 to that.

+1

+1 "Die ugly [Animal name]! You wont set foot to [Deedsname]'s [Direction]-border ever again! DIE!"

• Like 2

i dont like it..... I LOVE IT, i always hear templar and want to join in the fight, but can never find them XD maybe make it so they yell out their deeds name so we know whose templar it is

• Like 1

Just had the same sort of idea but it would be better if it would shout, "

<Spirit templar> I'll take care of Venerable troll! (NW)

... and that NW was from where you stand, as it is your hearing informing you of where the shout came from.

Would it be hard to generate a name for each spirit templar? They're spirits, so the same one comes back after being killed. John is back on duty (or something less cheesy).

The reason I ask is because it would be nice instead of saying which deed is calling out the attack, you'll see the name of the spirit templar instead. And you'll get to know them, Jill the Headless and Joan the Slayed, etc.

Disclaimer: my suggestion is done with a touch of whimsy and tongue in the cheek.

+1 to OP