Sign in to follow this  
Derecho

Coin Purse

It'd be similar to a satchel in regards on how to craft it, the main difference would be that it'd automatically store coins whenever you'd get them from praying/withdrawing from the bank.

I thought about this idea when I was buying items from various merchants, I started off with 2 nice 5 silver coins, and ended up with at least 15 various denominations of coins cluttering up my inventory.

It would still be dropped as normal, it would just make buying from merchants much tidier on the inventory side of things.

• Like 1

So use a satchel or carry another backpack in your inventory. Whats the difference.

Is it that much of a hassle to drag a few coins into it?

Cant be that lazy really can you?

Edited by Lolly1
  • Like 1

automatic coin purse would pop in to inventory when having more than 3coins, if u relog they get all messy over inventory and u might forget some on you.

when u trade coins with someone or your coins leave your inventory, the purse will go away.

There might be issues that coins dissappear if you lose purse with a bug/another way, so it's a bit risky to make updates related to $$

Everyone is familiar with the current bad system, so any changes regarding to storing money would just mess things instead of helping

+ and - 1

[really more -]

or just use a normal satchel/backpack >_<

Edited by silakka

The main problem with backpacks/satchels is that I normally have at least 5 of each in my inventory at any given time, and going through them each to find the designated satchel/backpack is very annoying.

+/- 1 -- don't like the automatic part, but a craftible purse seems fine, same as satchel but different name

i would say this would be useful but i would like to see the coin purse drop you know in case im looting corpse in the forest of death

i would say this would be useful but i would like to see the coin purse drop you know in case im looting corpse in the forest of death

Of course it would, I said so in the OP.

-1 You can use any container to store coins, they are the only item you can have over 100 of and it only counts as 1 item in your inventory. Needing an automatic coin purse is just plain lazy.

Edited by Vroomfondel

Cant be that lazy really can you?

Needing an automatic coin purse is just plain lazy.

There are a large number of features in the game that could be taken out and it'd be playable just the same albeit more tedious and annoying. It's tiny stuff like this that adds polish and smooths out the play experience making it more enjoyable to play in general. It has nothing to do with being lazy.

There are a large number of features in the game that could be taken out and it'd be playable just the same albeit more tedious and annoying. It's tiny stuff like this that adds polish and smooths out the play experience making it more enjoyable to play in general. It has nothing to do with being lazy.

I only object to the automatic function. No other item automatically goes into its' own container, you have to put it there yourself. That's a lot of coding just for sorting coins out of your inventory, which you can do yourself. I have no problem with a coin purse in itself as a creatable item.

That's a lot of coding just for sorting coins out of your inventory, which you can do yourself.

First off you have no idea how much work is involved with the feature and it's really up to the devs whether or not a feature is worth the effort and are in a much better position to make that call. I have no idea why people keep trying to bring this type of thing up as a counter point to a feature suggestion. Second you could make the same argument for inventory sorting. We don't need it because we can manually click and drag items around sorting it ourselves. I'm sure you don't avoid the feature just so that you don't become too lazy. This feature wouldn't even be giving players any kind of significant advantage it'd just be a nicety to reduce some inventory clutter and only if the player wanted it. Let the devs decide if it's worth the effort.

First off you have no idea how much work is involved with the feature and it's really up to the devs whether or not a feature is worth the effort and are in a much better position to make that call. I have no idea why people keep trying to bring this type of thing up as a counter point to a feature suggestion. Second you could make the same argument for inventory sorting. We don't need it because we can manually click and drag items around sorting it ourselves. I'm sure you don't avoid the feature just so that you don't become too lazy. This feature wouldn't even be giving players any kind of significant advantage it'd just be a nicety to reduce some inventory clutter and only if the player wanted it. Let the devs decide if it's worth the effort.

Actually, I do have some idea what coding this feature would take. I also know that there are many more important things that will happen before an automated coin purse gets implemented. And I still fail to see the importance of having such a purse over those other coding issues first. I mean, how hard can it be to put your coins in a pottery jar, especially since you can put over 100 coins in any container?

The main problem with backpacks/satchels is that I normally have at least 5 of each in my inventory at any given time, and going through them each to find the designated satchel/backpack is very annoying.

Well uhmmm....you can rename then ya know. Have one named "coins" .....

Actually, I do have some idea what coding this feature would take.

But do you have a better idea than the devs that have access to the source and have been working on it?

I also know that there are many more important things that will happen before an automated coin purse gets implemented.

Should the suggestions forum just contain a bunch of posts about fixing bugs? I think there is actually a separate one specifically for bugs. People make suggestions and if the devs like them they implement them. Simple as that. There is no need to post saying it's a waste of their time. If you have a problem with the mechanics of the suggestion and how it could affect the play experience in some negative way or have a modified version of the idea by all means go for it. But these criticisms about features not being worth the developers effort are just silly and cluttering genuine criticisms and comments for feature requests.

I mean, how hard can it be to put your coins in a pottery jar, especially since you can put over 100 coins in any container?

Why have an icon column in the inventory that shows what step is needed next for imping? Is it really that hard to pay attention to the event logs or simply examine an item?

Why color code the wounds? Is it that hard to simply read the damage text?

Why have buttons across the top for common slash commands? Are they really that hard to remember?

Why have custom timers? Is it really that hard to use external ones?

Why have a toolbelt? Is it really that hard to activate your items?

I could go on and on. There are tons and tons of features that could be cut and you could still play the same game just fine. They just make playing the game a smoother and more enjoyable experience. Sure it's just a few extra clicks and drags to move the coins into a container but automating it would clean up transactions a bit and leave the player with one less thing to worry about that they really shouldn't have to. The better question to answer is would this feature have any negative consequences on player's play experiences or mess with the balance of the game. Leave the implementation costs up to the developers to decide. They are in a much better position to make that call.

This suggestion needds to go with the suggestion about a repeat action key: Hand it to the team that is working on a better client interface and menus. I'll bet they could make a cash submenu that would keep it separate from the rest of the inventory.