Sign in to follow this  
Inamatus

Help With Griefer Request

These salty popcorns taste lovely, but they make me so thirsty, can someone pass the drinks?

• Like 2

I can obviously not comment about who set the permissions wrong here, but I can tell you one thing: Mine doors do decay on deed. I already replaced my own three times.

As far as I can tell from both accounts, Milkdrop only took appropriate measures as provided by the game. Maybe she misjudged, but she understandably grew suspicious and defensive.

Inamatus behaviour seems rather rude and hostile, even by his own accord. Maybe talking things through instead of trying to force his way back in might have been more prudent.

I can obviously not comment about who set the permissions wrong here, but I can tell you one thing: Mine doors do decay on deed. I already replaced my own three times.

Wow... really? I mean the door the permissions changed on is perfectly fine and was older and of lower strength then the one that poofed, but i will try to catch Rolf and ask him or anorher dev on IRC about it, thanks for the heads up.

EDIT: Ok, it's confirmed that mine doors on deed _can_ decay, however a younger and stronger one should not decay ahead of a weaker and older one. (if the amounts of difference are big enough)

Other options would be that someone aggroed a troll in the mine and the troll would have forced it's way out of the mine (though i never managed to get any monster, not a troll either, truh a mine door without setting it to "everyone" on permissions.)

Also the knowledge acquired by the village does affect it as well some people on IRC said.

To sum it up, seems the whole decay mechanic for mine doors no matter where is a bit funny and before you use a mine door, build a 1x1 house with 3 walls around the mine entrance in front of it, seems the best so far.

Edited by Milkdrop

I can confirm that mine doors do indeed decay on deed. They are not granted decay protection and are treat like Fountains / Wells / Mailboxes etc.

Also, decay ticks won't always hit everything the same, so while one door was older and of lower ql it can still outlast something newer and higher ql due to the nature of the decay calculations.

Edited by Kediec

While the decay of resources like dirt or logs is nearly straight, the decay on crafted items is incredibly random. You can loose half a pile of equal items, before some of the items even start getting damage.

You didnt deed it, its not yours. Why is this thread even here? Even as much as a gatehouse would have prevented deeding over what you consider yours.. sheer lack of securing "your" stuff does not make someone else a griefer. Had you put a proper deed that covers your mine, there would not have been an issue.

I have thought of digging under his deed, carving a circle around his entry under it, thereby cutting him off from his mine

That sounds much like a plan to grief someone out of their spot to me.

Edited by Alyeska

Alyeska is totally correct, the lesson to all here is deed it or lose it. Everything else is just toxic fluff being shot about by accusations.

Alyeska is totally correct, the lesson to all here is deed it or lose it. Everything else is just toxic fluff being shot about by accusations.

Agreed

No, all the world and people off deed are not toxic fluff or lost.

You didnt deed it, its not yours. Why is this thread even here? Even as much as a gatehouse would have prevented deeding over what you consider yours.. sheer lack of securing "your" stuff does not make someone else a griefer. Had you put a proper deed that covers your mine, there would not have been an issue.

That sounds much like a plan to grief someone out of their spot to me.

Agreed. I didnt deed it or otherwise protect it. That is on me.

Disagree: It wasnt the initial placing a deed that covered my mine entrance, it was the expansion of border over multiple mine entrances griefing... however, that said, I will conceed that Milkdrop, from her point of view, had reason to react the way she chose.

Agreed: yes, i had planned on doing everything i could to make what i considered a betrayal cost more than gained. However, I realize at this point that I over-reacted to a degree, the unfortunate part of not having a clear line of communication.

It is what it is. I am considering moving, much to Milkdrops delight Im sure.

I dont understand... Why dont you two just duel to the death and the loser disbands and leaves.

Just let all of Pristine and Release know the date and time so we can watch...with popcorn and beer.

Enough talk...Fight to the Death.

{Adjustment}

Deed for Deed.

Edited by shunt
  • Like 2

wasnt there another thread going on about the same thing by Inamatus?

But reguardless, Its far game if theres no deed/primeter or enclosure around it for others to do as they please with/too it.

This is just like players raging about trees 10tiles off deed being cut by other players.

If you dont secure it, you risk loosing it.

wasnt there another thread going on about the same thing by Inamatus?

It's the same post, no one replied in it for almost a week then shunt started it back up again.

We get it, deed it or lose it, Inamatus has been at a new deed for a good while now, this discussion doesn't need to continue.