Sign in to follow this  
Inamatus

Help With Griefer Request

First, let me preface this with a short history...

Several weeks ago Milkdrop placed a deed which covered my mine entrance. I was in the area long before him, in fact the only one in the area, and my deed is very close to the mine, clearly visible from where he dropped his marker. Eventually my mine intersected his and created a shaft which cut him off from one of the gold viens in the area. We came to an agreement that i could use the mine he created in exchange for me helping to reinforce the walls in a specific area and help build a highway. I finished reinforcing the walls and made some progress on the highway and then he disappeared for like a week so I stopped working on the highway to make some progress on my village as at the time I was doing it alone. When he came back he said he was gone because he was moving.

Anyway, a few days ago, shortly after I got my first couple recruits, he locked the mine door. I would have continued in my old mine but he collapsed the tunnel entrance (mag spell or orb). We started a new mine entrance farther away from his deed but he just expanded his borders over it. So we started a 3rd entrance yet farther away (and in the progress found a gold vein, but he just expanded his borders yet again and put a door over it. We repeated this process a 4th time, this time within the perimeter of another deed that I am friends with, but that resulted in him going in and reinforcing the walls. He placed a door too, but because it wasnt his deed i just broke it... and found the reinforced walls.

Milkdrop has 6-7 alts, maybe more now, and uses the alts exclusively to mine. Im guessing hes mining the 4 gold viens (iron and zinc as well) and is selling gold stuff which he then uses to fund the constant expansion of the deed. I would have expanded mine, but his already touches mine so i cant expand in that direction.He made it clear to me that he is trying to control the entire mountain and had mentioned something about having other deeds and being part of the Marigold alliance, whatever that is.

Anyway, my village, and the citizens thereof, are completely cut off from the mountain now and have no supply of rock, let alone anything else. I am currently considering quitting the game... its just not fun anymore when i gotta log in only to have to deal with this situation every day.

I have thought of digging under his deed, carving a circle around his entry under it, thereby cutting him off from his mine that expands WELL past his borders into the mountain (with 6-7 alts that constantly mine, its HUGE).

I will NOT buy him out, that would just be rewarding him and i refuse to do this. I have reports from other players that they ahve had to deal with the same thing from this Marigold alliance.

Anyway... im reaching out for help.

Oh yeah, i forgot, he has now set his guards to KOS me and my citizens. Fun times.

Sadly there are trolls in this game and you seem to have found one... but on the other hand you made the mistake not to have the mine on deed and left yourself open to this.

Nothing to quit the game over, find a better spot where you can start over with a deed and mine on deed and you wont risc getting into these situations.

Sadly there are trolls in this game and you seem to have found one... but on the other hand you made the mistake not to have the mine on deed and left yourself open to this.

Nothing to quit the game over, find a better spot where you can start over with a deed and mine on deed and you wont risc getting into these situations.

Start over, after 6 weeks of building my spot... its just not worth it. Plus my citizens would also have to start over... its to much to ask.

Well without mines, you dont have much of a choice.

It isn't fair, I know, but what can you do!

6 weeks is a lot, but in the context of what you could be playing this game for (years), it's not much at all. Find a new spot - there's no point in being miserable next to a neighbour you don't like. Your alternative is to quit anyway, so you're not losing anything but only gaining if you move on.

edit: Most people in Wurm PvE are good people. It was miserable luck for you to deed next to someone you don't get along with, but if you move, you'll be able to learn from this experience and make sure you deed everything you actually want to use.

edit 2: grammar

edit 3: updated to remove bad information

Edited by Aariez

So you twist it as you please again... oh well here goes, and btw i already talked to a GM about you and your villager actions.

I deeded when your deed was also new and hardly visible, i told you that already many times, i checked the area of a fresh new deed 5x5 + perimeter and nothing came up, so i deeded the place.

Then 4 days later (!! took you a while to notice) after i had build two half done houses and a 50 tile mine, yu came running up and flamed me for 3hours straight and i told you the same what some people here said - if you didn't deed it, you lose it and i told you as well i didn't even see your deed when i checked the tiles i planed to deed.

However, after being flamed at by you for hours while i was only stating facts and rules i offered you the deal that if you build a road to the lake, i would let you mine to your hearts content in the big mine i already developed and on top allowed you to use my well since you had to ride a while to the shore with barrels to get even water and i gave you permissions on the deed on top of it (which proved to be wrong).

Then i went offline for 6-7 days due my RL move, so a few days ago when i went to Gurokken (my deed in question here) to mine some ores, i noticed that one of my two minedoors (ON DEED!) was bashed away and the other had permissions set to "everyone" - which only you Inamatus and me had permissions to change to, my villagers of aincrad had no permissions for this at this point in time.

(also the mine is a mess, since you created that huge drop hole right besides a few veins on the deeded area ... like i said, was wrong to even give you access to the mine)

So, after i was being nice here and made a deal even while you used foul language against me for hours, you...

1.) never fullfilled your end of the deal, the road is in the same state as it was on the day we made the deal and you hurried to start it.

2.) when i come back on from my move i find my mine vandalized and doors bashed plus permissions changed so every troll can roam around it and do whatever they please.

After that i tried to get a hold of you ingame to no avail, so i removed your permissions and made the mine only accessible to me and my villagers.

Then, a night later i noticed you or your villagers tried to mine into my mine once again by starting a tunnel on the first perimeter tile of my deed, now who is the griefer? I mean how bold can you get?

I expanded my deed for that deed tile, slaped a door on it since i dont want you creating more dropshafts and for sure not access my mine by it and vandalize it even more.

I secured that shaft with support beams as well to prevent even further break ins, yet i failed to support one rock right behind the mine door.

You or your villagers once again started a new tunnel and used that one hole in my support beam "wall" to break into my mine and wreak havoc again (food barrel was half robbed which i place in mine, etc.)

So, i talked to GM Thunderbird, explained the situation and he told me it's fine to block you guys from accessing my mine by using shaker orbs and support beams - which i did.

Yes i had to spent 5s and a lot of time to secure something you try like mad to get into with all bold means.

Which ultimately resulted in KOSing all your people i knew, since i have to prevent them from geting close to my mine as it seems, since if they get close i find them trying to break into it.

Now, who griefes who?

P.S.:

It's "her".

And the number of my alt's doesn't really matter i think?

I have one premium miner and 3 free to play miners to expand mines, so much for your counting abilities and you have seen em all too.

And about the Marigold alliance - never ever complained to me and no one had to deal with anything there, if there is someone from that un-named lake having issues they should step forward and speak for themself, but i doubt they need someone like you throwing vague things with no details into the air.

My mine in Aincrad is being run by my villagers btw, since i don't like to move my miners from town to town all the time. :)

Same goes for the mine in Alfheim, it's run by one villager and i havent heard any complains from there yet.

You Inamatus, are the only one who complains and wants wants wants without giving anything and then even ruins what you are given access to. Your "gimme or i quit" behavior quite proves it as well, thats the same line you told me back when i offered you the deal and i offered it to you so Wurm would not lose a player, that was my only reason for giving you access to the mine and i told you that quite clearly.

Edited by Milkdrop

I propose the only logical solution to this. Both villages declare war on each other. This will resolve the issue with time.

• Like 1

Just staing my side of the story, since i don't like it how Inamatus has been (since i know him) twists facts and lives in his own little imaginary world.

For me this thread is done now, no further need to comment on it since there is nothing left to say.

Just so no one gets any popcorn and sees it rott.

I guess there are a few facts for Inamatus to be set straight:

1. Did you set the mine door permissions to everyone

2. Have you guys ever worked on the road

While you have no obligations to whatever, I guess it would be prudent for you to give a sound explanation to these 2 accusations, as these seems to be quite grave at the moment.

... lives in his own little imaginary world...

So I know you are being serious here and I support your position all the way but this quote made me laugh since we all live in an imaginary world and if he is living in an imaginary imaginary world it be like Inception?

Edited by Ardn

I guess there are a few facts for Inamatus to be set straight:

1. Did you set the mine door permissions to everyone

2. Have you guys ever worked on the road

While you have no obligations to whatever, I guess it would be prudent for you to give a sound explanation to these 2 accusations, as these seems to be quite grave at the moment.

Only me and him had permissions to do so, i was gone due my RL move, so who else should have done it? I wouldn't leave a mine with all those ressources public... my guess is he changed it, so that his new villagers could enter it as well, which he didn't ask me for either.

(he even used my mine to advertise for his town, thats where i pull this _guess_ from, cause why advertise with a mine that no one can enter but him...)

And don't forget the second mine door on my deed that was suddenly gone - on deed mine doors don't decay, so either he or his villagers bashed it.

(though only he had the permissions to do so and until yesterday i had no deed guard to enforce rules)

He worked on the road only the day when we made the deal, after that i have seen no progress and it was never meant for us to work on it together, it was what he had to do to keep the access to the mine and it was the only thing i requested him to do for it.

As for the imaginary world comment, have you ever heard of people twisting reality so that everything suits them perfectly? Like everyone is bad and only they are good? Thats the kind of world i talk about, not about the imaginary world of Wurm.

Just to put things a bit straight, personaly i don't like drama nor do i need it.

I have the ingame support of GM Thunderbird for my actions which i cleared yesterday with him.

Actually, the...

I would have continued in my old mine but he collapsed the tunnel entrance (mag spell or orb)

... was GM Thunderbirds advice to do, since that mine shaft is on my deed, thus it was ok.

And now make of it what you want, i won't reply anymore since it will only end in a endless (hoho) argument of things he thinks he didn't do and i think he did and no one can prove anything anyhow.

The deeds are as they are now and i take measures to make my mine safe.

I was nice to him, he messed it up... can't help it, i see no reason to give him access to it again... not after posting his ill intent of mining under my mine to remove my access from my own mine as well... which btw wont work - you can't mine where there is a deed over it, a deed makes you own the air above and the rock beyond the area you deeded, sort of.

Edited by Milkdrop

I guess it is a point for Inamatus not you to continue on - Milkdrop you can ever present one side of the story, and since the story got some pretty grave accusations and at least they look prima facie valid, I guess it would be prudent for Inamatus to have some kind of explanation for it.

I'm glad I don't "live" up in that area of the server. So much drama seems to come from that region!

Edited by Thurgarn
  • Like 1

I'm glad I don't "live" up in that area of the server. So much drama seems to come from that region!

Sadly, there is a bit of drama around here. But with time and the right attitude, it can be changed for the better. If everyone is willing to come to the table with a willingness for a fair and equitable resolution, then it can be resolved without any further hurt feelings.

I don't know much about this particular situation, but I do live in the area and I'm trying to build a road near the affected deeds. It doesn't seem from first appearances that Milkdrop did anything wrong, but I've talked to both sides in the past and would like to see them get along, or at least not resort to making their appeals in the court of public opinion. I'll take a look for myself and see what I can do about getting both sides to get along.

EDIT: Inamatus, since you're allied with Snapton, I'd suggest asking them for access to their mine. What you're doing around Milkdrop's mine is something that most Freedomers would frown upon, and I'm afraid that you might end up doing something that would get you in trouble with the GMs if you continue on that path. So, in the interest of ending this dispute, I would suggest that you start a mine in the opposite direction from Milkdrop's deed and avoid future interaction.

Edited by Tathar

Thanks for trying to slate the Marigold alliance, an allianc ei founded and has been disbanded ever since i came back from inactivity due to the fact everyone had made their own as id been gone. You'll get no sympathy from me when your happy to throw false accusations around and the fact your openly saying your happy to grief Milkdrop.

Ok... sorry for the late reponse to this development, work and all.

1. It took me 4 days to initially contact you, it wasnt that I hadnt notice, its that we dont play the same hours I think. Regardless, i admit i was initially hostile when I finally made contact because i got the pleasure of stewing about the situation for days. However, we did come to an agreement and in the end Milkdrop was more than fair.

2. While I cant prove it, i never changed permissions or destroyed any doors, but i expect that this is more than a valid reason for Milkdrop to react the way that he did, i would have probably reacted the same way. I had left explicit instructions with my new citizens to stay away from the mine until I had a chance to tell him about the new citizens, that I didnt want to piss him off and loose that access. Im sure a GM, if they bothered to care, could verify via logs that I didnt change permissions.

3. I remember when i did see Milkdrop after his week absence, and everything seemed cool. I told him that I had moved some stuff out of the mine, like extra ribbon and rock because I thought he had quit the game. He never mentioned any door being broken or permissions changed. I expect that probably happened a day or two after and all I can come up with was that it was the actions of my new citizens because I surely didnt change anything, I had no reason to as I already had access. I believe the permissions were set for my town as I remember showing my first citizen the entry and he was able to get in. I shoudl point out that i also gave explicit instructions for them to stay away from the gold deposits, as I was trying to maintain a greatful approach to having access to the mine in the first place.

4. It woudl seem that Milkdrop and I were playing a bit of tag, both looking for each other at the same time to figure things out, but sadly that never happened and this escalated into what it is. Assuming everything Milkdrop says is true, i cant fault him for his actions. It would seem we were both under the impression the other was acting out of malace.

5. The road plans had changed as Snapton, my ally, was building a highway, so the plan was that I would connect the started road to the highway once Snapton got the plans completed. Unfortunately I never got a chance to communicate this to Milkdrop and again, i can see where he might think i dropped my end of the deal. I will point out however that I did do all the wall re-enforcement that he asked me to.

6. Im choosing not to respond to the name calling, or the fact twisting, because I understand where he is comming from.

7. Getting access to Snapton mine woudl be easy enough except it seems they quit, crops have gone rotten, animals have desease, etc. If they come back online im sure the that would be the preferable solution as I doubt Milkdrop will be amiable to any further agreements.

8. We tried to make a mine on the deed, but the deed is realitively flat and all we have so far is a giant dirt hole....

9. I will admit that on the 3rd and 4th attempt to establish a mine on the mountain face one of the goals was to collapse his mines, and for that I accept responsibility.

10. I am willing to work something out, the rest is up to Milkdrop.

... was GM Thunderbirds advice to do, since that mine shaft is on my deed, thus it was ok.

I expect that the GM didnt know that the mine in question existed before the deed was placed over it. Such an action is undeniably hostile and violates FCC.

I expect that the GM didnt know that the mine in question existed before the deed was placed over it. Such an action is undeniably hostile and violates FCC.

The FCC is not a set of rules.

The FCC does not protect you or your assets, it is simply a guide of conduct that the players of freedom expect everyone to abide by.

It is your responsibility to ensure the security of your area and possessions.

Edited by Object

And you forceing your way into Gurokkens main mine isn't hostile? Without any word and just leting your actions speak every night like that, this all has escalated to a point where you indirectly declared "pve war" on me, no idea how to call it otherwise. Do you think i watch how someone who i think has removed a mine door of my deed and changed permissions on the other tries to damage me even further? I'm maybe a women, but i'm by far not helpless.

And as Object stated, the FCC is just a guide - i abide to it until someone turns hostile towards me.

1.) Your "mine" was on the FIRST tile labeled "Gurokken perimeter" right besides a village labeled tile.

2.) Everyone should be aware of the fact that a town can expand it's deeds size at any given time, thus if you build in a perimeter of a town i think you should ask the town in question before, i highly doubt the FCC (i havent read it entirely, since i think it all comes down to commen sense and being nice to each other which i had no problems with so far) would allow people to place buildings, mine doors, etc. into the perimeter of other deeds and thus limiting their growth. That would be a free griefing ticket.

To your point 3. - when we got into contact later that week, i had not been to Gurokken yet, i run 5 prem toons and 5 deeds, i am not in each of my deads every day at any given time. I went to Gurokken to get some ore that i needed and thats when i noticed.

And to point 6. - Yea, i'm coming from my first experience i had with you, being flamed at for hours without even a hello or explanation to begin with. ;)

Also, tho thats for both of us - theres a PM function on the forums, the whole timezone and not geting into contact thing is just not valid for both of us, but i didn't think of it and i doubt you did either. Soooo two points down for both of us on that matter.

Unfortunately, until i have a valid proof of why this one mine door disappeared from my deed and how the permissions on the main mine door turned to "everyone" i have nothing else to talk about.

I trusted and helped you once, i was possibly (to put it carefull in the view of recent news) betrayed and i doubt it's (once again) my turn to reach out to you.

Show me how those two things happened in a valid way and i'm open for further talks.

EDIT: Forgot to mention, i will remove the KOS as a first step, since i guess you wont undertake any further steps to forcefully access Gurokkens mine. Should i see something else though, it will be reinstated and be permanent then.

Edited by Milkdrop

Hope you all figure it out... But in case you need help:

carebearsstare.jpg

Edited by Hussars
  • Like 1