Sign in to follow this  
Sorien

New Breeding Trait: Domesticated

It would be really cool if after a certain number of generations of breeding wild animals that would only normally be breedable while tamed there were a chance of gaining the trait Domesticated, which would allow them to be kept as you would other pre-domesticated animals, without the need to keep taming them. I am not talking about there then having every offspring automatically inherit the trait, but if there were even a chance of getting a domesticated version of a pet after successive generations it would make the time investment more worth it, especially if breeding two of them with the trait gave an increased chance of their offspring also having it, like it does now with the rest of the traits (or at least, that's what the wiki says :) ).

-Michael

• Like 14

maybe if you have like 90+ AH you get a chance for it

Edited by Kegan

+1 but needs to have some limits and or some very good control measures to make sure that over populating doesn't get worst

That is one of the best ideas I've heard in a while actually, I like it :D

+1

maybe if you have like 90+ AH you get a chance for it

90 might be a bit much because as far as i know, 0 people have 90 AH.

In defense though, it can be quite the powerful trait to unlock, and once unlocked then that could easily be bred into different breeders stocks :/

I think It should be someone random If two domesticated bears were bread the offspring verywell would still be agro, but +1 from me for sure

Im all for it, as long as that trait makes ussualy aggresive creatures neutral (blue outline) and leadable.

Other normally neutral creatures will just become leadable if they arent already.

-1 Have to agree with Whykillme. We have enough of a problem with non aggro creatures on the servers, no need to introduce a trait that takes a toll on the aggro population.

-1. I'd actually like there to be less traits. People already breed like crazy so it's not like there needs to be more incentive for breeders to fill up the server slots.

If it were deemed too powerful it could aways be offset with a negative trait possibility, such as Feral (cannot be tamed), Highly Aggressive (attacks any other animal in aggro range), or Eats Own Young (like gerbils do sometimes).

Also, are you guys sure that domestic or tamed animals has anything to do at all with spawn rates, or "server slots" of wild animals?

-Michael

If it were deemed too powerful it could aways be offset with a negative trait possibility, such as Feral (cannot be tamed), Highly Aggressive (attacks any other animal in aggro range), or Eats Own Young (like gerbils do sometimes).

Also, are you guys sure that domestic or tamed animals has anything to do at all with spawn rates, or "server slots" of wild animals?

-Michael

Quite certain that kept animals affect the spawn rates. That is why you almost never see horses or cattle in the wild. Giving a trait that makes breeding aggroes easier is bound to have an effect. Once you give players an option like that they will use it as much as they can, even if they have to grind AH to get it.

Because its been a part of the animal population controls for ages (Rolf keeps a cap on em for server overhead).

Back in beta before we even had breeding, there was chickens. Once upon a time, chickens lived a lot longer on far less feed. In fact it even became a problem with self-growing abandoned chicken farms that would choke out other spawns, thus the current nerfed state of chickens. Not to mention the various impromptu Death-to-Chickens Crusades.

Granted Rolf has experimented with various means of trying to balance the desires of breeders with the desires of hunters. Disease, hunger, and dying from age for example.

EDIT: Oh yeah chickens were also more common when wemp gave both fiber AND seed, so most villages used chickens to eat up the TONS of surplus seeds.

Edited by Klaa