Touchy subject but there is a fine line between incentive and frustrating road block.

I hope this is a good compromise:

- Free players

- 20 skill

- Can hitch cow to small cart

- Can lead the cow and therefore the cart.

Can not ride it, can not drive it, can not ride or hitch any other animals.

From the rest of the thread:

Allow small cart to carry a raft.

Allow scorpions to be hitched to small cart.

Allow cows to pull a plough to make farming a bit quicker on large fields.

Please add the riding animation to cows. Shouldn't be more than a copy and paste from horses and some altering. Rather important to my plans. ;)

Edited by Jenshiye
  • Like 5

The purpose is to enable FTP players the ability to haul more than they currently can with a small or large cart? Not for or against the idea yet, just curious where this is going. Think roadblocks are in place to add incentive to pay to play.

The purpose is to enable FTP players the ability to haul more than they currently can with a small or large cart? Not for or against the idea yet, just curious where this is going. Think roadblocks are in place to add incentive to pay to play.

Oh I full appreciate the incentive. However, for example, I have built up some skill, want to move to a village now that I have found one ... but ...

Dirt. I am sure you would like some peasants to be able to haul some of that for you? ;)

There is still plenty of incentive. People want to ride dragons, horses into battle, they want large carts and two horses. They would like to drive the cart at a higher speed and get mounted bonuses but this absolute limit is a very hard road block at the moment.

Edit: This won't benefit me as by the time it could be implemented, I might be the one buying stuff or hiring peasants.

Edited by Jenshiye

I think it'd be cute to see someone leading around a cow-driven small cart. +1

• Like 4

small carts only hold 40 dirt, and you can drag that yourself, so I don't really see the point in this tbh.

• Like 1

I can only think of bricks that free players can put in a small cart and exceed what they can drag?

A free player can drag 1400 kg, and 40 dirt/rock/ore only weighs 800 kg.

I agree with wraithglow, the small cart can only hold so much so whats the difference between leading a cow or dragging it yourself? Unless the cow takes away the speed drop you get when dragging a cart (which is small anyway) i dont see the point in this. Sorry.

Edited by Lolly1

Unless the cow takes away the speed drop you get when dragging a cart

(What I figured, as cows are stronger)

I can only drag 30 dirt, just tried it and I have about the range of strength of a free player. Also, keep in mind movement speed and two inventories. +1 for cuteness.

Edited by Jenshiye

I will forever +1 this idea. Removal of the speed hit would be enough for me. Sometimes I don't want to bother with hitching and driving a large cart, but hate the slowness of dragging a small one. This would give a little more value to cattle as well and give newer people somewhere to start rather than nothing until TADA! Large cart and horses!

• Like 1

I will forever +1 this idea. Removal of the speed hit would be enough for me. Sometimes I don't want to bother with hitching and driving a large cart, but hate the slowness of dragging a small one. This would give a little more value to cattle as well and give newer people somewhere to start rather than nothing until TADA! Large cart and horses!

That break point would be 1 point of skill. Are you suggesting the requirement should be lower like 15 maybe?

Incentives need to give a taste of the merchandise, any good drug pusher knows this.

+1 for the noob hauler (cows should already be a free ride right?) , even though it serves no real purpose other than that. It will work as an incentive just because the small cow cart has noob written all over it (especially if your god lite is still on), same reason premium switches to stone housing ASAP to remove the noob sign on their front door. I agree on lower breakpoint, though you do not start at 15 body control, you start at 19.5 (I think) and it is very hard to raise if you don't know what you are doing. I would say just make it the freebie default anyone can do at any body control.

Put add bison, bulls, and cows on the free ride/cart list. And I think it should be lead not commanded driving so as not to complicate things.

However if you cant pull a full small cart dirt as a noob it is because your personal inventory is overloaded and that limits what you can carry, so drop stuff until the speed steps up. Even just one thing will do the trick as it is not gradual overloading.

Edited by yarnevk

I strip naked, throw my stuff in the cart then pull it. Haven't managed to raise body or (AH?) to ride or hitch yet. It cuts movement speed by about half empty and another half (75%) when full.

I am guessing a cow would haul it at your naked non dragging speed behind you, which I think is lower than any mounted speeds.

Oh and WTB leading cow with a plow, so I can get my big fields done before I am late for work! :P

add the capacity to 2x, because it's kinda small now.

or allow 1 raft to be added inside.

Cow carts would look pretty cool, but doesnt feel like it would be that useful.

More people have prems than cows.

Cows would cost pretty big $

The maximum volume of the small carts could be increased, since its very small anywhays.

+1 to the idea

Hi,

small carts only hold 40 dirt, and you can drag that yourself, so I don't really see the point in this tbh.

A free player with maxed stats can drag a 40dirt small cart itself, yes. But still it will have to stop any 10 - 20 tiles, because of stamina breakdown (recently tested). Hitching a cow to it and only suffering the normal "walking stamina loss" would still be a nice improvement.

I'd go further - I'd allow free players the hitching of 2 cows to large carts too. That are, atm nearly completely useless to them.

This would make it possible for me to hire them for a useful work, instead of giving them meals and pelts and ropes and seeds for free - and telling them, when asking if they couldn't pay back in any way, "No, sry, whatever you can do I can do in a fraction of time, with better results" ...

I'd love to have a newbie earning its gifts with following our woodcutter, collecting the logs and bringing them home. Or coming to our miner/ digger when called, hauling the shards/ ores/ dirt/ sand.

I think both of us would feel better - it's always frustrating how it is these days.

And no, I have no digging to be done in tiny slopes, and I have no real use for QL1 resources when I can have them at QL50+, in a fraction of time ...

Have fun!

I expected this topic to be hotly contested rather than the other one ...

2005860812964181849_rs.jpg

I'm pleasantly surprised that no one has actually vehemently opposed this idea ýet.

For those that don't know: small carts were originally meant to be hitched to one animal (their description said so), but for some reason that was never implemented and at some point this part was removed from the description instead.

+1, and let a lock be attached to it for Fo's sake!

I think something like this would be a good "taste" for f2p -- Also I agree that sometimes I don't want to hitch a large cart and drive it around.. and have thought it would be nice to have something like a leadable animal with a small cart. Maybe make it so the f2p have a toned down ability, and p2p a little better ability with a led cart?

• Like 1

Can allow higher ability (21+) to add more to the cart or something, maybe the rafts mentioned earlier.

+1 have premium time but would like to hitch a cow or even a horse to a small cart

+1 want to be able to lead hitched small/large carts

+1 since scorpions are to weak for a large cart they could be strong enough for a small one - i want a scorp leading my cart (wouldnt use large carts anymore then :P)