Sign in to follow this  
Jenshiye

"r" - Repeat Last Action Key.

Didn't see this on the wish list and I know about binding but they can be fiddly and don't work for all things.

Please can we have a more simple default key "R" (that can be rebound), which will repeat any action that we have just taken.

It is about going through multiple selections, with a mouse, doing the exact same thing that is annoying. Go ahead, sink the time, I have other things to do but don't make me click like an idiot while you do it.

Other than that, I like the rest of this game and will keep playing it.

Edited by Jenshiye

No.

A new crafting UI is being worked on, that will be better than this.

• Like 1

no

too easy

It is just grind as it is.

Edited by Jenshiye

Welcome to Wurm. here's a compass you'll lose in an hour and some tools you'll replace by the end of tomorrow.

• Like 1

Welcome to Wurm. here's a compass you'll lose in an hour and some tools you'll replace by the end of tomorrow.

Done and done, thank goodness the starting area had a compass in a barrel or I wouldn't have found my body (did put it back, will put more stuff there at some point)

No.

How long will that take? This is a relatively quick work around.

No.

Any link to this? last new UI I heard of was something Mr.B. was messing with years ago.

And if you feel that is not your style then don't play the game. That is the dynamics of Wurm, ya don't like it there are many a other mmos out there :/

And if you feel that is not your style then don't play the game. That is the dynamics of Wurm, ya don't like it there are many a other mmos out there :/

This is the Suggestions & Ideas forum, if you don't like it don't come here. There are many other Suggestions & Ideas forums out there

And this is how you play the game, you don't like the dynamics of how it runs, then go play another game

-1 Not going to get a repeat last action key, it makes it too easy to macro the game. If you had taken the time to check the suggestions forum you'd find a noob suggests this every month, and always gets shot down.

Edited by Vroomfondel

It'll be grind even with a repeat action key. The time and effort saved by the repeat key will inevitably be spent on more of the same actions. So just more grind.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

it makes it too easy to macro the game.

I knew this wierd logic comes up again.

It's not much harder to setup a click macro that performs a repetitive task like making ribbons compared to making a macro that presses a key. The big difference is the user frustration that makes them consider using macros at all.

Luckily the devs do not follow that bs otherwise we'd still have no mine, dig, chop and pray keybinds.

• Like 1

-1 Not going to get a repeat last action key, it makes it too easy to macro the game. If you had taken the time to check the suggestions forum you'd find a noob suggests this every month, and always gets shot down.

Prisoners tend to complain about the loving attention they get until they accept it as inevitable. Then they believe everyone should face the same "challenge" as themselves. :rolleyes:

And this is how you play the game, you don't like the dynamics of how it runs, then go play another game

A game of tiddly winks is more interesting than hitting the same action over and over again. Other than that it is a good game, with some rough edges.

It'll be grind even with a repeat action key. The time and effort saved by the repeat key will inevitably be spent on more of the same actions. So just more grind.

Repeating an action is just a time sink, you can click through it before the action is over, however, it is annoying. The interest lies in how the process changes, like blessing tools or swopping from temper to polish, etc. Repeat key keeps the time sink without having to pay attention. I could read though some work and only glance over to check that my stamina is up and actions ended before hitting R once or twice.

This is no different from the binded keys that I use except it would apply to all instead of a few.

Edited by Jenshiye

Repeat key keeps the time sink without having to pay attention.

Which is why we should never have them. I think the macro rules should be changed too, banning people for all unattended play, not just something a script can do. Lets not derail the thread though.

Some people run 5 clients, just click P x 3+ for praying, switch, click M x 3+ for mining, switch, M x 3+ for mining, etc, without even needing to look at the screen. Now if you could do that with actually

creating items, just imagine the already strained item database exploding. That is why most people played years without keybinds, thats why we should wait for a better crafting UI, instead of makeshift

solutions that will ruin the game. Want to make items? It has to require an activity more complicated than spamming R while watching Netflix.

I knew this wierd logic comes up again.

It's not much harder to setup a click macro that performs a repetitive task like making ribbons compared to making a macro that presses a key. The big difference is the user frustration that makes them consider using macros at all.

Luckily the devs do not follow that bs otherwise we'd still have no mine, dig, chop and pray keybinds.

And a guy just 2 weeks ago got caught using a gamer keyboard using current keybinds and was perma-banned for using it with the key stuck down. Anything that makes such laziness more common needs to be shot down.

New suggestion: Add a captcha for every action. Make the player solve a complex puzzle to make sure he has to stay focused all the time.

The game is just inconsistent with the user interface all over the place. There's key binds to create dirt and rock shards but none for nails. I can still make 6 nails at once but only one ribbon. I can attach hull planks to a boat with a key press but not planks to a house. Trying to justify that with "macro protection" is backwards logic. I wonder if other people are happy about the awesome macro protection when they make ribbons one at a time.

Now, I don't think we need that keybind right now if the new crafting UI is in the works and promised. But on the other hand bridges were promised too, for christmas 2009.

I'm tired of this "too easy to macro" excuse, people are ALREADY marcoing in Wurm, I can guarantee that, the only ones suffering are the legit players.

As much as I like the "grind" of Wurm, it does get annoying as piss having to navigate through 4 menus just to make a single item.

View hidden Post
Posted · Hidden by KaiH, February 11, 2013 - inaproppriate
Hidden by KaiH, February 11, 2013 - inaproppriate

New suggestion: Add a captcha for every action. Make the player solve a complex puzzle to make sure he has to stay focused all the time.

The game is just inconsistent with the user interface all over the place. There's key binds to create dirt and rock shards but none for nails. I can still make 6 nails at once but only one ribbon. I can attach hull planks to a boat with a key press but not planks to a house. Trying to justify that with "macro protection" is backwards logic. I wonder if other people are happy about the awesome macro protection when they make ribbons one at a time.

Now, I don't think we need that keybind right now if the new crafting UI is in the works and promised. But on the other hand bridges were promised too, for christmas 2009.

Surely you're kidding....

I have the insatiable urge to punch you in the throat for even joking about this.

Jenshiye, you won't be able to convince the naysayers in this thread. You are correct and they are wrong. This has been asked for many times. Every possible argument against last action requests has been killed so dead it been taking a dirt nap for years. This mechanic is in the top ten of requested items on user voice at 95 votes (Please go add some more to that count) http://wurmonline.uservoice.com/forums/12046-wurmonline/suggestions/2901219-key-bind-repeat-action-

The problem is these folks don't care about facts or what modern game players want. Most of them have proven time and time again they are more concerned with thier own personal onions about how the game should work. Like usual the fact they can not use the repeat key for their gaming experience isn't good enough. No, they have to tell others how to play.

Edited by joedobo

Repeating an action is just a time sink, you can click through it before the action is over, however, it is annoying. The interest lies in how the process changes, like blessing tools or swopping from temper to polish, etc. Repeat key keeps the time sink without having to pay attention. I could read though some work and only glance over to check that my stamina is up and actions ended before hitting R once or twice.

Is it good game design to encourage people to not pay attention to the game?

Edited by EliasTheCrimson

Not any purpose served with a repeat last action button. The common actions (digging actions, mining actions, farming actions) are already able to be put on a hotkey. You can even use continue on ships, fences, etc., as long as you select a different plank/whatever for each action. The only actions that do not have the ability to hotkey are the imping actions, and those will keep changing, so why have a repeat last action button?

Edited by Vroomfondel