Sign in to follow this  
Zylian

Lead arrow heads

Lead is a completely useless type of vein, unless you want to start J-smithing or if you want to grind mining skill.

I think we should be able to use lead to make arrow heads. Since lead is a soft material, I think it should be easier to create arrow heads using lead and easier to attach them to arrow shafts, but they should do a lot less damage than iron arrow heads and get a little less skill gain from making the arrows/arrow heads. But they should still yield the same amount of archery skill.

Copper Arrowheads I could see.. Bronze, sure..  Lead?  not likely.  Lead is far too soft a metal and wouldn't fit logically into an arrowhead capacity.

Expanding the functions of Lead isn't a bad idea though, perhaps as use for Other items that are 'enhancements' for weapons might work.  Something like shaft weights for arrows that would increase damage inflicted by an arrow (while also causing the arrow to take extra damage from use)  

Or counterbalance pommels for Axes and Mauls, increasing their attack speed (by balancing the weapon better) while increasing the weight of the weapon.  

If you discount the fact that it is Poisonous, Lead was also used as a food perservative in Roman times, perhaps Lead-lined vessels could be made using pottery, these could increase the storage life of foodstuffs.  

Perhaps even Lead Sheets, to add to a completed house as a roof enchancement which would reduce the decay rate of Buildings.

In before "IT SHOULD POISON PEOPLE"

Well, arrows are extremely easy to make already, making a class of arrows that are less effective but easier to make is, well, silly. The only people who would ever touch these leaden arrows are 0-20 skill fletchers, but the fletching skill goes up so incredibly rapidly anyways that anyone serious about making arrows would be past the 20 point within a day or two.

-1, simply because it's not needed and it won't be used.

lead is perfect for 1 use arrow heads, use the arrow once then throw it away.

there where also lead spear tips with the same practical use.... the good thing about lead headed weapons, they just couldn't be picked up and usedd against you, they had to be repaired first.

and lead pipes would be nice, run them from a fountian into.....

and you cant go past molten lead as the perfect catapult ammo into crowds of advancing troops, it goes every where...visors crinks in the armor, horses eyes.....just everywhere.

kids used to cast toys from them, and i remember reading that molten lead was pored into hollw tubes and was cooled to make nice writting implements. mixed with paint it also made paint more weather resistant.

there where and are still many uses for lead....

i dont think its useless at all.

Fishing Sinkers are made with Lead, perhaps make lead sinkers for deep sea fishing out of boats?

Fishing Sinkers are made with Lead, perhaps make lead sinkers for deep sea fishing out of boats?