Kyklops is now trapped!

wurm201302091835_zps347efee8.png

wurm201302091834_3_zps5c817806.png

wurm201302091834_4_zpsb7b35bda.png

wurm201302091834_2_zps1e4e3b7b.png

wurm201302091835_3_zpse97922f5.png

Edited by DOE
  • Like 1

No longer shall unsuspecting noobs be terrorized by the Kyklops in the forest next to Sloping Sands :D

Peace be to the citizens of Release!

Who wants to trap dragons? Boooooring. This beasty needed to be penned.

• Like 1

-1. Free the beast so he may eat people. Also uniques shouldnt be trappable. But good job on the effort to gettem in there

Problem solved imo, eventually Rolf will find a way to stop penning if he so wishes, if he cannot and still wishes things not to be penned, he should work harder at it, pointing fingers back and forth and having huge debates doesn't stop things being penned.

It needed to be done because it is basically at the spawn.

It needed to be done because it is basically at the spawn.

Seems it's a lot easier for new players to avoid it now, life is hard enough your first 24 hours in wurm without being killed or tossed by 1986 graphics.

We were bored and were tired of being terrorized (and watching people be terrorized) by this beasty. It's going to be some time before any group is remotely capable of killing him and seeing as how there is zero profit in trapping this beast besides the sense of security those living near Sloping Sands will receive I didnt see anything wrong with it since the consensus seems to be that "profiteering" and "controlling the market" seems to be everyone's biggest issue.

Anyone feeling that they are strong enough is free to come and try (die.)

Edited by GreenHero

We were bored and were tired of being terrorized (and watching people be terrorized) by this beasty. It's going to be some time before any group is remotely capable of killing him and seeing as how there is zero profit in trapping this beast besides the sense of security those living near Sloping Sands will receive I didnt see anything wrong with it since the consensus seems to be that "profiteering" and "controlling the market" seems to be everyone's biggest issue.

Anyone feeling that they are strong enough is free to come and try (die.)

Plant a merchant selling raw meat to feed him, can be like the Abominable Snowman in Frosty after he lost his teeth. New players can interact with a unique of Wurm.

Is it possible (or advisable) for a fighting newb to run in, try to land a blow, then leg it, for the achievement?

Is it possible (or advisable) for a fighting newb to run in, try to land a blow, then leg it, for the achievement?

It is not advisable, as even after being struck to death by it several times over the course of 2 hours (and several weeks when I used to live near Sloping Sands) I never landed a single hit, neither did Doe as far as I know and he is over 60 FS.

If we're around tomorrow, which we should be, I doubt Doe would mind letting you take a poke. Though, I watched him essentially 1hko Vaultboy (my alt) earlier. I swear to god he knew we were trying to pen him and instead of missing every now and then landed every single hit with perfect precision and 3hkoed me continuously as I tried to drag him. Then stubbornly turn back around and retreat to the top of his hill.

Them uniques man.

I swear they are smarter than we think.

I feel like they are being controlled sometimes... <_< When they suddenly aggro on me from 50 tiles. Or wander over 200 tiles outside of their normal range just to chase me down and smash me out in the middle of the tundra.

Edited by GreenHero

-1 to penning uniques

I live right near that area and have never had an issue, your just removing one of the thrills of traveling.

A thrill to some is an annoyance to others, if you wanted to keep the kyklops free to kill and maim you should have deeded his entire leash area.

Well crossing the desert is an annoyance too, should we also eliminate that or should we keep the lands of Wurm the way there meant to be, an adventure not for weak of heart.

Edited by Castile
  • Like 1

-1 to penning uniques

I live right near that area and have never had an issue, your just removing one of the thrills of traveling.

Except he lived in my backyard, and every newbie and person living in the area has done nothing but give thanks because of what a pain it was. 2 deeds have gone up nearby due the newly acquired safety.

In any case, we didn't post this for your approval. ;)

Edited by GreenHero

Well crossing the desert is an annoyance too, should we also eliminate that or should we keep the lands of Wurm the way there meant to be, an adventure not for weak of heart.

Have you built anything? Yes you have? Oh but what about keeping the lands of Wurm the way there meant to be? Also, define 'the way their meant to be' because from what I learned in the tutorial the land was meant to be tamed, that's why Rolf gave us all these tools to shape the land to what we'd like it to be, and it seemed that the people in that particular area wanted the kyklops penned.

So they accomplished that goal, who are you to say that's not the way it was meant to be.

Edited by Object

Not for or against keeping uniques captive (except when there's a financial incentive to do so), but using game exploits to do it bothers me.

Except he lived in my backyard, and every newbie and person living in the area has done nothing but give thanks because of what a pain it was. 2 deeds have gone up nearby due the newly acquired safety.

In any case, we didn't post this for your approval. ;)

If you cant handle the terrain dont try to live there :P

What happens if you guys go inactive it gets lose then constantly ransacks all the new deeds in its territory?

Point is the whole or wurm shouldnt be deeded and shaped, Indy back when it was the sole freedom server was basicly one massive city pretty much (bar a few odd forests here and there and a ton of disbanded towns, all the uniques were pretty much slain or almost impossible to get to see, highways everywhere deeds everywhere. i dont want to see that ever happen again just because the wild is slightly harder for some people to live in. Uniques were not meant to be penned, if they were rolf wouldnt have added the bash function when deli was first launched in response to the fact in a matter of weeks all of the uniques were in pens awaiting execution. The fact people constantly seek to find ways around this annoys me and i know it does many others as well.

I have nothing personally against you, i just resent people who in my eyes seek to lay claim to a creature (by penning) that in my eyes is part of the server itself. I remember being the first person to bump into it when release first opened on my way out to find good land to plant a new deed on, i remenber runnign from it the threat of death and you know what i dont think back and go eurgh what a pain it hit me a tron of times and ruined my time playing, no it was a thrill. You say this is to protect noobs... if they cant handle something they can see form a mile away how on earth will they survive this game when a spider will slaughter them for instance, perhaps we should pen spider son sight too? or maybe horde all hostiles into a pen and lock it so they cant be killed and none will respawn?

The question is where does it stop?

And if you can do this in the name of "ingame safety" whats to say penning dragons is wrong?

Yes theres financial benefit if you hold the keys to a pen with a dragon in it, but then again the troll king and the kyklops sold for alot of money on indy... and both of them were alive at time of sale.

Rolf will release uniques, hes made it clear int he past he doesnt intent to let them be penned, so you better kill it asap otherwise when they are free theres going to be chaos for all those new deeds popping up now its out of the way when it breaks free. And lets be serious when has anyhtign stopped people deeding land? lol

And on the matter of posting it for my approval? i suspect you did it seems form your screenies and what not you were trying to look like heros :P

(Of course this is my opinion but i im not the only one that feels this way)

Edited by Crack
  • Like 1

If you cant handle the terrain dont try to live there :P

What happens if you guys go inactive it gets lose then constantly ransacks all the new deeds in its territory?

Point is the whole or wurm shouldnt be deeded and shaped, Indy back when it was the sole freedom server was basicly one massive city pretty much (bar a few odd forests here and there and a ton of disbanded towns, all the uniques were pretty much slain or almost impossible to get to see, highways everywhere deeds everywhere. i dont want to see that ever happen again just because the wild is slightly harder for some people to live in. Uniques were not meant to be penned, if they were rolf wouldnt have added the bash function when deli was first launched in response to the fact in a matter of weeks all of the uniques were in pens awaiting execution. The fact people constantly seek to find ways around this annoys me and i know it does many others as well.

I have nothing personally against you, i just resent people who in my eyes seek to lay claim to a creature (by penning) that in my eyes is part of the server itself. I remember being the first person to bump into it when release first opened on my way out to find good land to plant a new deed on, i remenber runnign from it the threat of death and you know what i dont think back and go eurgh what a pain it hit me a tron of times and ruined my time playing, no it was a thrill. You say this is to protect noobs... if they cant handle something they can see form a mile away how on earth will they survive this game when a spider will slaughter them for instance, perhaps we should pen spider son sight too? or maybe horde all hostiles into a pen and lock it so they cant be killed and none will respawn?

The question is where does it stop?

And if you can do this in the name of "ingame safety" whats to say penning dragons is wrong?

Yes theres financial benefit if you hold the keys to a pen with a dragon in it, but then again the troll king and the kyklops sold for alot of money on indy... and both of them were alive at time of sale.

Rolf will release uniques, hes made it clear int he past he doesnt intent to let them be penned, so you better kill it asap otherwise when they are free theres going to be chaos for all those new deeds popping up now its out of the way when it breaks free. And lets be serious when has anyhtign stopped people deeding land? lol

And on the matter of posting it for my approval? i suspect you did it seems form your screenies and what not you were trying to look like heros :P

(Of course this is my opinion but i im not the only one that feels this way)

I agree with your sentiment. Until rolf wishes it to be changed that is how it will be though