Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Histories Of Mol-Rehan

This was taken from the Kellon College in Rockingfjord. It was written some time before the Ageless.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mol-Rehan is the mightiest of all houses. No other has more tales and legends  to brag of, for it is the oldest in existance, and the oldest of our plain. It was formed in the middle of the bronze age when the rival clans of Mol and Rehan decided to combine into one when they were being attacked by the Morrs, a  clan lead by Daren the Violent. The union was originally going to be temporary, but after the war it seemed to be impossible for the clans to separate. The chieftans of both clans had died during the war, so it was decided to appoint a new leader from the families to rule. The warrior Johen King was appointed to be the first chieftan of Mol-Rehan since he showed true bravery during the war. His reign became famous, an his last name became the common name for rulers in the surrounding expanse. The kingdom entered a prosperous age, becoming the center of all transactions.

Many heros rose and fell, but the greatest hero of Mol-Rehan by far is King Magranon. He fought with a large hammer and sword in each hand. Each of these weapons would have to be held with two hands for by a normal man. There was no man that had beaten him in a spar or duel.  He continued fighting and hunting with his own strength, even after he grew past his prime and his hair decayed to white. Warriors of such strenght are only born when they are needed.

On  year sixty-one of his reign, a rumor spread of an unusually large dragon. It was sleeping in a cave, far back in the dark wastes of Provectus. A price was soon set for the dragons head for 20 gold coins. Sir Martel the Slayer and his small army jumped on this offer, eager to prove that they can handle any situation. They traveled to the black isle, and marched to the beasts lair. The beast they found was larger than expected, but this only encouraged Sir Martel to strike. He clashed his sword on his shield, waking the beast into a state of confusion. The dragon crawled over and looked at the humans closely. At the sight of Sir Martel's armor, made of the dragons he had previously slayed, the beast became enrged. The humans realized at this moment that the beast in front of them was not like other dragons. Not only was it larger tha any dragon they had ever seen, but it possessed an inteligence unmatachable to any of the animal-like beasts they had fought before. It blew fire hot enough to burn through drake, killing Martel and all of his men but one, who escaped and ran to tell the tale of what had happened.

It wasn't long after this that the dragon rose into the sky for the first time in 4 million years. It roared to the horizons a loud and echoing sound that could be heard well past the coast of the mainland. The sound was powerful enough to deafen many people on the island. Dragons, who have an acute sense of hearing, could hear this sound from all edges of the world. Dragons were seen flying high from the oceans, coming from lands not yet reached. Many cities and towns were frightened by them, but they did not stop. They flew in a strait line towards were they had heard their master call. In a few crossings of the sun, the sky above Provectus was darkened by both the smoke from the mountains and the dragons who had reached their goal. After another deafening roar from the master, the dragons went out to kill the ones that opposed them.

The dragons swept over kingdom after kingdom, burning each village to the ground. No slayer could stand up to a force of this size and strength. Word quickly spread that the end of time was coming, and that it was spreading in the form of a flying cloud of unstoppable armored beasts. The greatest warriors and scholars of the time gathered in the Palace of Fire in the Eternal City of Fire and Sand. Magranon accepted his guests into his kingdom. At this table was Vynora the Knowledgeable, Libila the Powerful, and Fo the Caring. The council soon learned of the link to this conflict with the terrible sleeping dragon discovered on Provectus. Magranon, Vynora, Libila and Fo left to where the beast was said to be resting.

When they reached the beast, it spoke and told the humans its name. They were to call it "Wurm", which is also the very name of the land itself. The land was his, and the dragons are his people. After the birth of the world he was given the position of ruler and deliminator of all life. He was told to be watchful, and that his position of power relied on his perseverance. After many ages of watching over his land, he became bored. Jackal spoke to him, and told him that he should rest. The Wurm agreed and found a cave to sleep in. On the day that he was woken, he realized that his people were being killed while he was sleeping. It was now his goal to kill the new kings of the world, and to reclaim his throne. He asked who are the kings who wish to challenge him, and the four replied "they are us."

The four fought the dragon and brought it down. Before the final swing was made by Magranon's sword, the beast flew high into the sky. It shrank as it went up until nothing left of it could be seen. Above was Valrie, its destination and place of exile. The dragons became confused and began to fly back to their domains. The four were then met by a nymph, who offered them cherries from the tree of Walnut. 

These are the most important stories of Mol-Rehan. May the kingdom prosper, and Magranon guide us!

>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cxCeO9gowb8

Edited by Sir Arowhun
  • Like 5

Original woodscove, Original whosville, LO going MR

probably some of the best moments of MR history

• Like 1

Wait, wha..? "Mol-Rehan is the longest lasting and the first kingdom to be founded." I must be missing serious part of history cause far as i know thats so not true ;)

Anyways, nice story.

Edited by DonAngelo

In "Lore", I do believe MR is the oldest Kingdom. In the scheme of the game, it is the newest.

I find "Lore" in all the Indie MMO's I have played to essentially be a dusty collection of notes the game dev wrote while on the toilet, but I do enjoy Large Rat posts.

Thanks for posting, Arowhun!

• Like 4

Tis true, MR is the oldest kingdom, but like Shalbriri said its the newest introduced in terms of the actual game. I suppose we had to give them a head start ;)

Original woodscove, Original whosville, LO going MR

probably some of the best moments of MR history

This was when MR was in its prime

This was when MR was in its prime

This was when MR was fun, I don't know about its prime.

This was when MR was fun, I don't know about its prime.

The push to water works was a good moment of wurm history.

Keep the topic on the Lore please.

I remember back in the day grinding bowyery for Zarnibuddha so I could give him a 90 QL bow :P

LO was great memories, miss those guys.

That was lore, one of the greatest achievements of Mol Rehan history. You want to allow talk of other battles but not that one in particular? w/e.

My favourite bit was when he said stay on topic, and then went on about something technically "off topic".

Gotta agree with Suntzu, those were the glory days.

• Like 2

History of mole rohan

what.jpg

Edited by Che

The term "Mole Rehan" did not come into play until late 1015 when brave miners emerged victorious from months of mining deep underground, deep in JK territory next to VH and proceeded to pillage and loot the deed of all drakes and scales and valuables.

That mining was so worth it.

• Like 1

The tunnel spanned halfway the length of the map, a glorious 45 min ride underground by horse to VH.

I added quite a bit. If you have any suggestions please say them.

• Like 1

The rise and fall of LO is where current Mol Rehan History began, Nice read.

The rise and fall of LO is where current Mol Rehan History began, Nice read.

Maybe some vet could write the old stories that happened in the Wilds for the lore. I for one would love to read them.

mol-rehan disbanded the pirates. and then also theres how the great hellfang was chosen to lead but honorably declined do to the people whining and crying

This is mol rehan on Chaos, not that joke of a server you call epic.

• Like 2

This document was written in 927 NT.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The Warriors Oath of Mol-Rehan

May Vynora guide me, may Fo protect me, and may Magranon give me strength to crush every enemy in my path! With swords of fire and shields of stone, our holy army shall charge the darkness that still shines brightly in this cold world. With hearts of courage, we will march together to the farthest fortress on the farthest shores of the enemy. Our fire will shine brighter than the shadows, and keep the monsters away from us during the darkest nights. I will use my abilities to serve my king, my kingdom, and the expansion of the White!