Sign in to follow this  
Garis

Allow One Item Per Container In Personal Merchants

Suggestion: Allow selling small containers that contain a single item on personal merchants. Examples of such containers include:

• small bowl
  • pottery jars
  • pottery flasks
  • small barrels
  • small wine barrels

Allowing for a single item inside of a container would allow the sale of food and beverages, and it would not enable players to further abuse the merchant mechanics by using containers to store a larger quantity of items than they already do.

Downside: It *would* allow players to store sap, juice, lye, etc on personal merchants. Perhaps items in containers would decay as normal in merchant inventories?

Sorry if this reopens old wounds. I'd just like the devs to think of some way to let us sell food and drink from merchants.

Edited by Garis

A small barrel could contain many small tools, which will then be stored on PVP servers.

If it is limited to just veggies, maybe yes, because their value isnt higher. But wine is sitll worth something on PVP servers, or very usefull later on

+1 No harm in implementing this change in the way you have described, Garis.

Edited by Despise

I don't really see the downside you listed as a downside. It makes selling sap, or juice, or dye, or what have you easier as you don't have to physically be at the computer to make the sale. I, for one, would love to see this implemented like you suggest.

+1

Allowing for a single item inside of a container would allow the sale of food and beverages, and it would not enable players to further abuse the merchant mechanics by using containers to store a larger quantity of items than they already do.

A small barrel could contain many small tools, which will then be stored on PVP servers.

I think you misunderstood the suggestion. One or fewer items per container, or the merchant gives an error message and won't accept it.

edit: bold text is annoying

Edited by Garis

-1 just because the merchant code needs a real rewrite, both to address bulk sales and cheating on pvp servers ~ a stopgap just will not do

1 container per merchant with 100item cap (only for vegetables/sprouts/food, not tools)

might work... id enjoy a solution which would allow us to sell '5000bricks' on a merchant < would really help wurm economy :D

Oh yeah, why not "attach" the bsb to the merchant, and let him sell the goods out of it!

And please cut that ridiculous "but, but... PVP!"... I can't plant tomatoes in my backyard because there's always some "imbalance" for two guys chopping each other with huges axes on some remote server. /rant, /offtopic

And please cut that ridiculous "but, but... PVP!"... I can't plant tomatoes in my backyard because there's always some "imbalance" for two guys chopping each other with huges axes on some remote server. /rant, /offtopic

Yeah, this will surely win over the crowd that plays on the PvP servers.

Pro tip: Try not to piss off the quarter of the paying customers who happen to be the biggest trolls in game. They tend to follow you and make you look like the fool that you are in every thread.

Have a nice day jerky.

like the fool that you are(...)

Have a nice day jerky.

I say get a life kid, find something beyond computer games, this will help you keep the distance. Have a nice day!

P.S.: I have nothing against PvP or PvP players. It's the lack of PvP and PvE code separation that is a problem.

Edited by Hula_Girl

Pro tip: Try not to piss off the quarter of the paying customers who happen to be the biggest trolls in game.

You said it best