Sign in to follow this  
TravSi

In-Game Screen Recorder

17 members have voted

1. 1. Do you think that there should be an in-game screen recorder?

• Yes
    • No

I think that there should be some sort of in-game screen recorder for Wurm Online players to share what they do.

^ This or at last guide how to use some reasonable tools of third party.

Screen recorder?

F11 to screenshot and this from a recent client change isn't enough?

Version 3.1.76-4593

-----------------------

* Added the possibility to timelapse screenshots using "timelapse <seconds>" in the console window. Stop by typing "timelapse" again (without quotes).

* Added console command for automatized screenshot capturing - capture screenshot every x seconds(timelapse <seconds>)

Or maybe I just misunderstand what you mean.

Edited by Wulfgar

timelapse screenshots are good, but an option with an higher framerate would be interesting for some.

Fraps.

Fraps is the worst recording program in existance. And to add to that, it costs money.

I do like the idea of an ingame tool to record your Wurm play, especially if it has a low resource usage.

One can dream about something in wurm actually being low on resource usage.

I'd far rather the devs concentrate on the game itself rather than recreating the wheel with software that's already available.

yes for sure if it would work as good as fraps or something like that.

Id love to make timelapses and such ^^

Fraps is the worst recording program in existance. And to add to that, it costs money.

I do like the idea of an ingame tool to record your Wurm play, especially if it has a low resource usage.

write in youtube 'free full version fraps download' and u get it easily.

fraps only works like a charm when you got a computer that works like a charm

fraps isnt for the crap computers... and u need to know how to set half size/full size + fps cap right.

Edited by silakka

This would obviously make wurm known more because of videos on youtube. I guess you can do this now though if you tape down your f11 button and put the pictures together in powerpoint. :P

There are many recording software aside from fraps. Debut Video Capture is an all-round solution, for instance.

I guess you can do this now though if you tape down your f11 button and put the pictures together in powerpoint. :P

Keylocking is bannable :D

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

I suggest looking into Open Broadcaster Software. It has great streaming and recording options. FFSplit has been recommended as the same.

you only realize fraps is the worst because your computer is crap......if you are going to complain about it FIRST get a good computer SECOND drop the cash on fraps THIRD quit QQing

fraps takes next to no power to run i spent 350 dollars on a computer and fraps runs like a well oiled machine

yes for sure if it would work as good as fraps or something like that.

Id love to make timelapses and such ^^

write in youtube 'free full version fraps download' and u get it easily.

fraps only works like a charm when you got a computer that works like a charm

fraps isnt for the crap computers... and u need to know how to set half size/full size + fps cap right.

Yes you are right on all fronts, I can run fraps yes. But I just think it just takes allot of resources compared to other alternatives.

Afcoarse you can pirate anything these days, but thats not the point really. My meaning was that there are better alternatives which do not cost money.

It feels like Fraps has allot of markup for what is really just an okay recording program.

you only realize fraps is the worst because your computer is crap......if you are going to complain about it FIRST get a good computer SECOND drop the cash on fraps THIRD quit QQing

fraps takes next to no power to run i spent 350 dollars on a computer and fraps runs like a well oiled machine

First fraps runs just fine on my rig.

Second wasting money when you have better alternatives which do not cost money is outright dumb.

third stating that a program does not perform well does not relate to crying in any way.

and fourth: Chill out a tad, you sound like somoene stole your spindle.

I'd far rather the devs concentrate on the game itself rather than recreating the wheel with software that's already available.

Yes I'm going to agree on that. It would be a nice addition, but it is very low priority

Edited by GroeneAppel

Keylocking is bannable :D

Sorry, couldn't resist ;)

Lol, saw what he wrote and new something would come from a GM or someone ;D

Edited by Shrimpiie