Sign in to follow this  
Mallaboro

Unable To Remove Floor

Planned a floor by accident and now I can't remove the plan. When I try to I get the message that says it would cause a collapsing section.

Also every time I hit the print screen hotkey (f10?) the client crashes.

XuDb9X8.jpg

Edited by Mallaboro

do you have a floor above it? if so then thats your problem, update made it so you need a floor below before you can have one above, its telling you in Event that destroying that floor will collapse the floors above

nope. Thats the top floor. :< did a /support request about 4 hours ago and still no response. :P not that I'm in any rush- I just don't want to have to rebuild this house cause I've been rather inactive lately and it's taken me a good 2 weeks to make this 740 brick & mortar house.

i have the same problem no floors above it but i still cannot take it out misplanned 2 times now and im stuck with making it that way or blowing up the house and redoing it with the chance of messing up again

This is the 2nd building I've built where a glitch has occurred and I've had to rebuild the house and this time I've put over a thousand brick and mortar into it. Might not seem a lot, but I don't get a lot of time to play wurm now days and completing tasks is really becoming a piss-take.

By the way, if you build walls under the floor, you can remove the roof. However, I'm getting a bug at the moment where I then can't remove one of the 4 walls. I can destroy it, but it doesn't vanish despite giving me the message saying that it does.

Edited by Mallaboro

Same here. Planning the ground floor. Wanted to put roof, with no floor, just gravel and arched walls. I accidentally planned a floor, and I can't plan the roof or destroy the floor. Nothing below (obviously, only dirt), noting above. Same message.

I am having trouble along the same line and hopefully this is not working as intended. It might make remodeling any upper floors impossible. If floor and roof plans cannot be removed it should at least be possible to alter the plans from roof to floor or from floor to floor with opening and such.

In my case I need to remove roof plans above an atrium to add another floor, so I cannot attempt to build walls below as a work-around. I am unable to remove any floor or roof plans without receiving the message about collapsing sections.

The code causing this message to appear should be removed altogether. It does only harm, no good.

I makes it impossible to build multistory barns (2-3 stories up, only part has second floor, most of the interior just has ground floor and roof at story #3), bay-windows, etc.

Typical knee-jerk reaction by Rolf to some really ingenious building designs *he* alone didn't like... :/

I can see adding code to prevent floating walls and floors but none of the plans I am attempting to remove would create this. All floor and roof plans next to the ones I tried to remove would still have structure adjacent to 3 sides. I do agree that the current situation is very restrictive and hopefully it will be looked at.

Edited by Rayjon