Sign in to follow this  
Roan

Question About Sermons

Curious about sermons.

My understanding so far is this:

Giving a sermon can reset your faith gain counter, therefore allowing you to get more than 5 faith gains per day.

The restrictions I have been told so far, are these:

• Must have at least 6 players (all premium) listening to the sermon to receive a faith counter reset

• Cannot give a sermon more than once every 3 hours

• Must be a priest to give a sermon

• A Listener cannot have had a change in alignment within the last half hour when sermon begins

A few questions I have are these:

• Do you get experience from sermons in faith per listener? someone said it was possible to go from 30 faith to 100 faith in 1 sermon using 3500 listeners.. (lol obviously not possible, or might as well not be possible) but it made me wonder about trying to get a bigger group going.
  • Can a listener be a priest? and if so, can they give a sermon after listening to one, or do they need to wait 3 hours?
  • Can someone who just gave a sermon, be a listener for another one, or does he need to wait 3 hours before being able to?
  • It is in fact, perfectly okay in the rules to have groups doing sermons with each other to help raise faith sooner right, and even use an alt as a listener as long as its premium?
  • Does the god the listener follows matter for sermons? (I.E. a mag priest would get penalties for listening to a sermon from a vyn priest, or something along those lines)

Thank you in advance for any light you can shed on this for me, as i'm interested in trying to get a group of priests going with some friends to try and raise faith.

1. Yes, you get .02 per listener. There is a cap I believe it.s .44 or around there. There are always massive sermon groups going on at events like Impalong and the like. .44 is the largest gain I've personally seen no matter how many people seemed to be around.

2. A listener can be a priest, the 3 hour timer is just for the preacher.

3. see above. It's for preaching only.

4. Of course it's OK

5. No it doesn't matter.

Normally it goes

Preach

Wait 30 minutes due to alignment gains

Preach (Priest #2)

Preach (Priest #3)

and so on and so forth, until 3h have passed and priest #1 can go again.

Edited by Stargrace

you mentioned an alignment change, does everyone's alignment go up? or just listeners? or just the preachers?

You can do a sermon with just one priest but the 3h wait is a killer XD i usually just do one sermon for the Prayer reset whick requires 7 people (priest and 6 listeners, a sermon can be done with 5 listeners to count but there wont be a prayer reset, if you want to stage a successful sermon post in forums with details and maybe supply priests with their needed items , like door locks for mag priests and stuff, I just bribe followers to show up once personally but a full on sermon with enough priests can gain you plenty of faith in the end

E

you mentioned an alignment change, does everyone's alignment go up? or just listeners? or just the preachers?

Everyones goes up thats why you need 30 minutes of wait time

Thank you for the help everyone, made my day, i'll be getting enchants soon enough :D

Oh! finally one more question, is there a calculator somewhere that could tell me the required number of faith gains i'll need to get to a certain lvl?

Oh! finally one more question, is there a calculator somewhere that could tell me the required number of faith gains i'll need to get to a certain lvl?

There used to be, under the resources stickied in the town square, however it's completely outdated and I haven't seen / heard of a new one since.

1. Yes, you get .02 per listener. There is a cap I believe it.s .44 or around there. There are always massive sermon groups going on at events like Impalong and the like. .44 is the largest gain I've personally seen no matter how many people seemed to be around.

2. A listener can be a priest, the 3 hour timer is just for the preacher.

3. see above. It's for preaching only.

4. Of course it's OK

5. No it doesn't matter.

Normally it goes

Preach

Preach (Priest #2)

Preach (Priest #3)

and so on and so forth, until 3h have passed and priest #1 can go again.

#5 Does Matter!

Your listeners need to be priests/follwoers of the same faith as you. There's no issue with being near mag follower listening, or having a mag priest doing a sermon near you. But you or the priest won't get gains...

In ETP we used to do sermons with people of all faiths in the same area.

Wrong. You can have any religion listen for it to count now. It changed a while back.

Edited by Asciana