Sign in to follow this  
Gramuly

Salem Mmo

http://www.salemthegame.com/

Played it for half hour then had to come back and finish working on a project in wurm

I did not enjoy the movement or the angle of view.

Dont know much about the game.

I read you can change the enviorment and its perma death but I dont think that maybe true.

Edited by Gramuly

Perma death comes from PvP only.

But it sux. I died walking on the margin of a river, because i forgot to turn off swiming, and unlike wurm, you get no warning, but just drop dead when you run out of the proper humor.

What's worse, that was after 30 minutes of foraging and cooking, and when you die, your inventory just evaporates, no corpse, nor a item pile.

So yeah, i never touched foot on that.

The way you gain skill is interesting, and if you know what you're doing and get alts, or friends to hep, you can go high pretty fast, but really, that and third person view point are the only advantages of the game.

Interesting game with great art style. Skill gain is indeed interesting. You can change the face of the land but nowhere close as in Wurm. Permadeath in open world pvp. Level of detail with skill items and tools are nice and only getting deeper. Action based combat ifirc.

Good diversion from you main sandbox games.

hate the art and text style.. they prolly going to tone down everything to cater to all ages lol.

WHY do all new games look so childish?!23

Because 50-year old Mildred waiting for her grandkids to come home wants to play, too.

Interesting game with great art style.

Because starting out as a fat little butt naked guy is great ;D

Wasn't much for the game personally, Wurm kinda shaped my version of what a Sandbox MMO should be like lol

games lame might aswell stick to haven and hearth

Political climate of Haven is terrible, last I checked. I don't imagine Salem, as Haven's successor, to be much better. Gameplay and art style wise, Haven would be my personal preference.

I actually miss Haven's old skill system, which didn't involve curiosities. I can understand the reasoning behind them, but they just made the game so boring by taking so much incentive from everything. Haven's curiosity system is still far better than Salem's, though.

Edited by Darkren