Sign in to follow this  
Mallaboro

Console Cmd To Stop Rendering Objects

There exists a console command to stop rendering things. I tried it out once on an old computer of mine- but I've since forgotten what it was. It's not on the wurmpedia. It's extremely useful if you're running more than 1 game client and your device can't handle more than 1.

It's something like Do_RenderWorld = true/false.

[edit] oh yeah. So uh, anyone know what it is?

Edited by Mallaboro

setoption no_world_render true <- Makes everything dark

setoption no_world_render false <- Brings everything back

• Like 2

God bless you guys. Thank you so much, I've been looking for some old forum post forever all day.

Wow thank you, I had been searching for but gave up when GL told me it would'nt work

~mumbles about GL~ Great Post

By the way, you can type "setoption word" and it will display all options you can set, with "word" in them.

I'm bumping this because it's useful. 
had a feeling that there's 100 players that know nothing about it

Edited by Steveleeb

so spomeone can have multiple alts online at the same time and they dont crash eg for a sermon

Its nice for digging/mining since it prevents you from clicking something else, if you've got a lot of alts in the area it keeps them from crashing when people enter/leave local, and it keeps ram/cpu/vcard usage down so computer stays cool and quiet.

also, you should see the CPU load drop when u set world no render true.
saves alot of electricity if you grind 12 hours a day.. even if you allow microsoft's high performance power plan default to stay on.
chances are,  if u set it to balanced 2 months ago, i bet it's switched back to high performance by now. it's a bugger

the fix - http://www.thewindowsclub.com/specify-custom-active-power-plan-windows

it also reduces clutter on the screen which makes the whole experience smoother, somehow.. less stressful. 
it's mint, been using it for years.

Put all your alts on a boat or cart and turn on no render for them, makes it a smooth ride as you bus them around.

I have it key bound so that R turns rendering back on, and alt+R turn rendering off.

Edited by Theonis
  • Like 1

On 3/10/2018 at 5:43 AM, Angelklaine said:

What would this be used for? 

I use at impalongs and similar gatherings, where there are 100+ people in local but you only care about the stuff in the forge to imp :P

• Like 1

I always use this when imping, less things to look at that way, just the chat and GUI:)

(My screen is really bright.. and this helps a lot.)

Had only one issue with this render and coalpiles in local crashing the client repeatedly every several minutes.

• Like 1

And i have been looking for it aswell. Pretty good when you have 7 runing chars for solo sermoning 😎

bumpity bump
(when adding keybind to console the string is <bind k "setoption no_world_render true">
replace K with your chosen key, replace true with false to turn it back on.

Edited by Steveleeb