Sign in to follow this  
Crystl

New Map Dump?

It would be nice to get a new map dump to see what has changed since the last one :)

Any specific server you were thinking of? I would have to say no to all of Epic and Chaos. As for the others I'm a little indifferent.

yea you should probably say what server :P

inde would be pretty cool to see

Edited by Mattown
  • Like 1

Sorry, I would think Indi since its the oldest right now.

• Like 1

Since when is indi the oldest server? Chaos was made by notch himself...

Since when is indi the oldest server? Chaos was made by notch himself...

well everyone else was saying no to chaos/epic map dump so just assuming...

I'd be fine with epic map dumps it's not like we don't already know where everyone is. and it would be cool to see the damage from the terraforming events that have occurred.

It would be interesting to see how indy looks now since it has 50% of the people it had when the first dump was made

I'd like to see an Exo dump simply because I live there and I'd like to see if my landscaping actually had an effect.The Harbour probably scars quite a portion of the map.

Any other server though and I'd still be interested if only to see how players modify the terrain.

oldest non pvp

Ah, yes. It would be of minor interest to see what Golden Valley looks like these days.

- Teggs

• Like 1

I think a pinned thread with all the Freedom servers' map dumps, sitting next to a current map dump. Just so we have one thread with one post so it is easy to access without us starting to get an old map dump here, or a new one there lol

They should just periodically upload a new one of the freedom servers every x amount of days, weeks, or months, or whatever. That way we can see any kind of periodic shift of villages, mass-terraform jobs, and the likes.

A (official) regular map-dump (excluding the pvp servers) would be awesome. The "sandboxy" nature of this game would make continous map dumps very interesting, i mean these dumps are kinda telling their own story there.

Each time someone suggested something like that though the "wurm paranoia brigade" raids the thread with their concerns about "privacy". On public servers... where nobody can make a proper map except for rolf...OH WAIT.

• Like 2

They should just periodically upload a new one of the freedom servers every x amount of days, weeks, or months, or whatever. That way we can see any kind of periodic shift of villages, mass-terraform jobs, and the likes.

The periodic sequenced map dumps could also be a rather unique and effective PR and advertising tool as well. (if framed, presented and given correct perspective)

The periodic sequenced map dumps could also be a rather unique and effective PR and advertising tool as well. (if framed, presented and given correct perspective)

I agree.

Wow, that's actually a brilliant idea. Giving people an actual scope of the change that can happen in Wurm would have nothing but a positive affect if you ask me.

That, and I would be able to go oogle what everyone has done. :D

Edited by GreenHero