Sign in to follow this  
xNoTimeLeftx

How To Level?

Hi guys,

Thanks again for all your help in my previous (No chance to build) post! You've told me I should level up and train so I can go on a journey myself. But the thing is, there are not many rats or deers in the area where the spawns are... What should I do?

You can buy cattle or horses, pen those and fight them unarmed, don't kill them or be killed, back off, heal and repeat or use a practice dummy.

Longsword (not short sword) can be raised cutting down trees

Until you can pen some deer, or find a lair of spiders wolves etc..

Just a few ideas.

Edit: for spelling

Edited by Huserx

get decent armour+weapon

then look for brown bears,wolfs,rats,cats and lions.

also good way is to live near guard tower, then let them tank and you get good FS

Also wildcats are good for lowbies then maybe dogs and wolves, followed by spiders and bears or make a friend and get a hunting partner to tank aggro while you attack and raise fs..

If you happen to be on the indy-deli-exo-cele-chaos cluster, get someone to drop you off in chaos with some gear you don't mind losing. There's pigs, deer, dogs, cattle, and horses abound there you can train on.

NoTimeLeft, my recommendation would be that you not waste any of your time training up fighting skills unless being a hunter is the focus of your Wurm objectives. If you just want to make your own homestead somewhere the best bet is to setup close to a guard tower, lure the animals within tower guard response range and say "help" in the local tab. After the tguard has the aggro of animal, you can then also attack without the animal attacking you and gain some fighting skill in the process. The same system works for deeds that have spirit templar guards on them set to attack aggros, which most are. Just make sure you have the aggro targeted before you enter the deed tile area if you want to be able to attack the aggro after entering the deed.

On Deliverance in the local area around my deed area small homestead areas set up in this manner within short guard tower response range for new players to get a safer start on. Also I know of other areas fairly close to the starter deed that are free land with guard towers close by to be used for their help in this way as well. After a period of months you can build up some basic fighting skill using this approach and then train it up further on an active basis after you have your homestead set up to provide for your other needs and desires. Just another way to go about things in dealing with aggros concerning fighting skills.

=Ayes=

Fs skill is a bit hard to level up umm one thing you should know (chaos experience) is that certain mobs give very low skill try going for spiders, unicorns, lava spiders, hell hounds, and a few others give decent skill gain like around 0.01-3 skill and i had killed things like scorpions they give lower but depends on you your low level i am lvl 40 fs and can kill all those (on horseback).

Edit: also forgot to mention i recently tryed and seems to work if you have a friend that can kill a spider try to get a miss or have it targeted you will still get xp for kill

Edited by AlphaWolfen

At very low levels (1-20) he should be going for dogs, horses, and the like. spiders and such don't give good exp, and the higher levels will just kill him.

I fought huge spiders, wolves, cave bugs, wild cats, and goblins from 1-10. I know for a fact that if you have high quality gear then you can defeat any of those I listed in one-on-one combat. You might have some mediums after the run-in with a huge spider but as long as you stay away from any creatures with conditions and venerable age then you'll be fine. Just make sure you know how to heal those wounds.

Edit: And in the off chance you find a pig, dog, pheasant, or chicken out in the wild then don't kill it. Those things are hard to find and the FS you'll get from them isn't worth it. Checked your other topic and saw that you're on Wild. Nevermind that comment then, heh.

Edited by Laiwyn
  • Like 1

First make a crap longsword and cut trees with it until 20 skill.

Then train up your body control to 21 by archery and fletching

Then get a decent QL longsword about 40-50QL. Also get a 40-50ql chain set if possible with a great helm as well as a large metal shield.

After all that get a horse and you can take on the basic creatures.

Getting FS on a practice doll to 20 can help but thats really slow.

Edited by atazs

I fought huge spiders, wolves, cave bugs, wild cats, and goblins from 1-10. I know for a fact that if you have high quality gear then you can defeat any of those I listed in one-on-one combat. You might have some mediums after the run-in with a huge spider but as long as you stay away from any creatures with conditions and venerable age then you'll be fine. Just make sure you know how to heal those wounds.

Edit: And in the off chance you find a pig, dog, pheasant, or chicken out in the wild then don't kill it. Those things are hard to find and the FS you'll get from them isn't worth it.

They're common on the wild server, as I recommended earlier. Yes, wolves, goblins, and wildcats are ok with decent gear. Spiders....will take a little more.

They're common on the wild server, as I recommended earlier. Yes, wolves, goblins, and wildcats are ok with decent gear. Spiders....will take a little more.

Ah, yeah, didn't see that he was on the Wild server until I checked his other topic...

And you're right, you can't take a spider with decent gear. You need good gear to take them on at low levels, like I said.

Edited by Laiwyn

How to skill up for new players? i joined yesterday and I almost died to a cave bug, have a medium injury that I cannot heal

Don't worry about skilling up at first, worry about getting a house or fenced in area to hide in.

Make yourself some armor and a better weapon (or buy it), then kill wildcats, dogs, horses, cows, bulls, rats, mountain lions, or deer. OR, make a practice doll from a shaft, nails, and pumpkin and train against that.