Sign in to follow this  
ianrose

Allow Door Locks And Yoyos To Be Put Into A Bsb

Most people I know that use priests create some sort of items to sacrifice for favor. The most common ones in my experience are door locks, yoyos, cordage ropes, and jewelry. Most people I know also create hundreds or thousands of these at a time, because it's more efficient to mass-produce something than to produce a handful at a time. These items end up lying around in backpacks or satchels or in piles of items on the floor, adding to the database and contributing to lag in a densely populated area.

Cordage ropes can already be put into BSB's. It wouldn't make much sense to allow BSBing of jewelry, in my opinion, but that can be discussed.

On the other hand, door locks and yoyos are very easy to spam out, and door locks are the only type of lock that does not come with a key, meaning that the exact ql of a door lock is of no consequence (other lock and key combos could get very messed up if we were allowed to BSB them). Therefore, it would make perfect sense to allow putting door locks and yoyos into BSB's, not to mention the added convenience.

Usually I would say yes to this sort of idea but I'm seeing more and more things being able to be stored in bsbs, and I'd rather not have almost everything able to be stored in a bsb. So good idea but I respectfully give it a -1 :/

• Like 1

+1 to this - many reasons why, but for rolf, this would be the a significant change to aid the database.

+1 to this. I'm all for anything and everything going into the bsb or fsb. Anything that the player is going to use a lot of should be able to be stored in these containers to ease the load on the database. Whatever it takes to reduce the lags due to decay of items.

+1 to yo-yo's.

+0,5 to doorlocks as locks don`t decay at all but yes they clutter up the area.

Make sure it's not any other type of lock, because you would mess up the keys

But i don't mindthe current system for it so not a +1 and not a -1

Edited by whykillme

+1 i say.

I don't see any problem with more items being able to be stored in BSB's as it all helps to reduce the db load in the long run.

Allow any freaking item to be put in a BSB, even corpses.

Edit: maybe unfinished items too.

Edited by Iulianx

No, don't allow any item to be placed into a bsb, that is just being lazy by using the power of the bsb to have items get no decay. If everything could be placed into a bsb, that is all you would ever see around, bsbs crammed with everything you could possibly have, which is obsurdly stupid