Sign in to follow this  
lakeel

Easier Lockpicking

i understand that wurm is suppost to be laborious and a continuous never ending game where to take long amouts of time to do somthing. but lock picking (next to shipwrighting) is the most tedious and time consuming of them all. it took me and 2 friends (one has an affinity for lockpicking) 2 hours and 24 lockpicks just to open 4 carts with very poor locks on them. and we were even using 70 quality lock picks. in the process i even raised my lockpicking 5 levels adn the chance of success hasnt even rose a whole 1% . its so tedious that it was no longer fun to even try and open the carts. i just wanted to smash them to get the stuff and i stil think that would have been easier and faster than the lockpicking.

my sugestion is that the chance of success when lockpicking sould be just a bit higher. even a little. and it would be alot less tedious and leveling the skill would actually have a purpose. plus lockpicking is a skill mostly available to only premium players (requires 25 locksmithing to make lock picks) so why should it be so difficult to use after we worked (and payed) so hard in order to be able to use it?

(please reply nicely) ~lakeel

• Like 1

no just no

edit: too handy of a skill to even give it a little boost they messed up shield bashing already and easy get 40 sb again

Edited by shankiest

lockpicking is one easiest skills on epic, sorry to say. people already have 90+ in it

No, no change to it. It isn't required.

Also, the ql of the item being picked majorly affects the chance, so does what kind of object it is, like something big like those large carts vs. a small chest

Edited by Shrimpiie

For someone that actually has half decent skill, a very poor ql locked cart is very easy to pick into.

No. If you want to open locks then you better grind. Its not tedious you can gain skill every 10minutes regardless if you fail so just use the timer and lockpick every 10minute and you can do whatever in between.

tbh lock pick shouldn't even be the way it is... time = success ( no matter the skill) straight line 50 lock pick you can lock pick 50ql locks and they remain unlocked till locked again.

welp...time to murder this thread and bury it. now just gotta find someone to lock it :L

No. If you want to open locks then you better grind. Its not tedious you can gain skill every 10minutes regardless if you fail so just use the timer and lockpick every 10minute and you can do whatever in between.

Ok, as someone who just spent an hour trying to skillup lockpicking without having any idea about the 10 minute restriction, I seriously think they need to implement some sort of message to that effect in the actual game. Something like:

"You need to take a short break and think about what you just learned before you can continue learning"

when you successfully gain skill. It is ridiculous to have that in there with no indicator that people are wasting their time like that.

-Michael

• Like 1

- 1, lockpicking is too easy already. Skilling to 70+ I don't know if it is doable any more, with the 10 min skillgain timer. But even at lower skill 20+ you can pick most locks if you have some patience.

I didn't do lockpicking before the timer was introduced, but if people have 90+ skills on a server that is just over a year old then I'd say it was way too easy back then. Yet another window of opportunity some people benefited from :/

Lockpicking is shockingly too easy even with fantastic ql locks and multiple sequencial walls and locked doors

Lockpicking is way too easy the way it is now. My friend with 30 skill has over a 5% chance on a 70ql stone house door with a 95ql lock. Doesn't sound like a lot, but it's very easy to pick that. Ideally, the success rate should be kept below 1% to keep people out, and even that won't work sometimes. Honestly, I think it needs to be made harder. People with low skill can easily pick my stuff open, which should require a lot higher skill. Pick ql makes too much of a difference as well. Prettymuch, someone with 1 LP can pick anything open given enough good picks and enough time. Seems OP to me.

Pick ql makes too much of a difference as well. Prettymuch, someone with 1 LP can pick anything open given enough good picks and enough time. Seems OP to me.

Yeah the quality effectiveness of a lockpick should be limited to your effective lockpicking skill so that higher quality picks can only be fully utilized by those with enough skill.

Lockpicking is basically a skill to discourage new players from raiding deeds. Working as intended.

It's perfect as is. Perfect balance between having to lockpick and having to use a catapult.