Sign in to follow this  
Sir Arowhun

Re-Open Gv

No. The Golden valley is for tutorial only for a reason.

GV was nice for like 3 months, then it became an island filled with ruins and fenced off areas with all the servers animals behind those fences wich you cant bash.

in fact they need to clear all the non tutorial areas of chars...

It was closed because it didn't serve it's purpose (which was to encourage people to pay for premium). Once players were forced out at the end of the tutorial, % convertions to premium payers (and player count in general due to being allowed on the other servers - although a chunk of that was no doubt alts) went up a considerable amount.

That would mess up the CA's we have there.

[...]

That would mess up the CA's we have there.

Well, if folks are serious about clearing GV for some reason, could you move the CA/CM/GM characters to within the tutorial area or flag them as "in progress"?

How often do the support team actually need to be physically on server in GV for tutorial support? Or were you meaning their gameplay progression on GV?

Golden Valley seemed like a good idea and I supported it to begin with. Then when it was implemented it turned out to be the worst dunghole ever. Apart from the fact that the players on it felt no enticement whatsoever to go premium since they didn't have any premium competition/tutors to compare themselves with or receive help from the server became a cluster. This was countered with increased decay to rid the server from structures and met by endless whining from players who refused to accept that they had settled down on a tutorial server.

I tried to introduce a friend to the game while GV still existed, he stopped playing until GV was removed. He logged in and tried out making a mallet and was met by "Why are you cutting down my tree? Why are you running away?". The players that settled down permanently on the tutorial server effectively ruined the tutorial for people who wanted to learn how to play the game.

Not to mention: All the downtime the login-server had due to people playing actively on Golden Valley (they're hosted on the same physical server).

Well, if folks are serious about clearing GV for some reason,

Not sure where you got that idea. No GV players were forced to leave, just that 98% of them chose to (more evidence that it didn't really work as a way to encourage people to pay premium and move on)

could you move the CA/CM/GM characters to within the tutorial area or flag them as "in progress"?

How often do the support team actually need to be physically on server in GV for tutorial support? Or were you meaning their gameplay progression on GV?

I was on GV for a couple of hours today and answered 3 or so CA Help queries. Every little helps and it's nice for the new players to feel there is someone there. I also don't think you'd end up with very many CA volunteers on GV if they couldn't play on those accounts during the time there.

Not sure where you got that idea. No GV players were forced to leave, just that 98% of them chose to (more evidence that it didn't really work as a way to encourage people to pay premium and move on)

I wasn't meaning the players were forced to leave, but there has been at least one post specifically saying to do so (quoted below). I was merely offering an idea on how the team could keep their characters on the server and still remove the other toons if this was really desired.

I was on GV for a couple of hours today and answered 3 or so CA Help queries. Every little helps and it's nice for the new players to feel there is someone there. I also don't think you'd end up with very many CA volunteers on GV if they couldn't play on those accounts during the time there.

I agree having someone be able to offer assistance is a good thing for the players and the game, and we've (as a community) have had the conversation about playing vs. volunteer support before so I will not reopen that can of [pardon the pun] worms. For the non-GM based CAs and CMs, I thought /support and /ca were global now, so you could be on any character on any of the "freedom" servers to answer them? Or do the CA/CM not have the ability to /tell cross-server for support needs?

Most of the issues I've seen that require more than a "try doing this" type of response they can get form /ca usually require GM level assistance, which is a different scale of issue entirely lol.

Aha, thought you were under the impression we (the staff) were trying to get everyone off.

FYI: Neither /support or /ca are global and indeed, no on can PM across server.