Sign in to follow this  
Cargasm

New Skill- Taxidermy

I'm not sure if this has been suggested before but I was talking to some people in game about how awesome it would be to mount heads of animals on your wall as trophies and thought it would make for a great new skill Taxidermy.

It could also tie in with other suggestions like animal skin rugs and preserving corpses.

Either when you butcher an corpse you could get more parts.. like a head. or an new option along with butchering.

Wall mounts could be made out of a wood/stone/metal ect. base and the head of an animal.

(wall mounts can be moved up down left or right)

Floor mounts could be made out of a wood/stone/metal ect. base and a corpse of an animal.

Mummies could be made from the corpse of a player with salt and sheets to be preserved in a coffin. (limit 1 mummy per coffin)

Maybe a skeleton can be made from a player corpse and be used as a floor mount or preserved in a coffin. (also 1 per coffin)

Animal skin carpets can be made from furs or pelts of different animals.

What do you think any more ideas to add to it?

• Like 4

Would actually be pretty cool, but Rolf has to fix the game first before adding new stuff -.-

I like this idea as long as you can't have full animals as this would basically be unaminated hota statues. Which i feel would de-value them.

Would actually be pretty cool, but Rolf has to fix the game first before adding new stuff -.-

If that statment where true, we never can get all the thing we have now, including multistory and animations...

little thing that has no use.

I dont like when people go and hunt rare animals :(

Some might just use spirit templars and collect all the champ heads / furs / whatever they get.

big -1

Yes, but not a new skill. Use Butchering or Miscellaneous Items so we don't need to grind another skill to 90 for trophy making.

• Like 1

Taxidermy is pretty close to leatherworking, either use that directly, or make it a subskill of that.

The first items don't even need new graphics, just use the regular animal models without animation.

+1 i posted this idea a long time ago and it didn't get much feedback ...... but it's a good idea.

I think it would give hunters something to aim for after working on Fighting skill and just hunting for meat.

You could go hunting for your next head to add to your collection and have a Trophy Hall to show them all off.

As for a new skill .....i don't think it's needed, Butchering should do just fine and all that is needed to add this in is just to add the heads to the meat and body parts you get after butchering.

Adding the head to a Large sign (without the signs post) and then hang it on the wall - 1 per house wall.

Funny, but "after everyone had stopped caring about them" is not true.

The problem with "Necro!" calling is the "damned if you; damned if you don't" element.

• If someone simply suggests something because they see it either isn't working now or WO doesn't even have it, they inevitably get shot down on the grounds it was suggested long ago and didn't happen.
  • If someone bumps an old thread because it suggests what they were going to, they inevitably get shot down on the grounds it was suggested long ago and didn't happen.

The thing is "it was suggested long ago and didn't happen" is not in itself any kind of valid criticism of the suggestion.

• Like 1

+1 I never stopped caring about the idea of taxidermy! I'd still love to see it in the game! Same is true with all the other ideas I've liked! Old or not!

Adding a link to another suggestion on this topic- a very well thought out offering on what this could look like:

• Like 1

+1 This sounds like a great idea to me 😊

I'd love more house decor options, especially for the walls!

• Like 2

indeed :D i  want a room with Animal heads on the wall to and to hang up dragon skill on a wall trophy.