Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

Custom Kingdoms On Chaos Enabled

• Custom kingdoms have been enabled on the Chaos server, which should increase PvP activity. This means deeds may be raided. A player in a custom kingdom who leaves the Chaos server for a non-pvp server in the Freedom cluster should be set to the freedom kingdom and back to the custom kingdom when he returns.
  • The Chaos code could not be tested since it’s specific to that server, but there was demand to make it live before the weekend so that people could start forming kingdoms. A fix to Catapulting is in the works which will make raiding easier and releasing this update before that fix will help the transition.
  • You should now be able to invite mayors to custom kingdoms which will convert the whole settlement
  • Inactive non-citizen-owned structures in perimeter should start decaying very fast
  • Mayors may now dismiss personal merchants on their deed if the owner has not logged on to that server for 1 month. Any items on the merchant will be mailed to the owner and remain for 6 months.
  • Flanking modifier is now calculated on your mount if you ride one.
  • Now when you destroy floors and walls which would cause a section of a structure to float in the air, they will instead remain as plans
  • You may now climb down from floor opening plans
  • There’s now visual feedback for the rarity drumroll

View the tumblr article
  • Like 3

• There’s now visual feedback for the rarity drumroll

Thank you for this.

Can someone please post a screenshot of the visual cue when they get one.

Can someone please post a screenshot of the visual cue when they get one.

It's really fast and hard to screen shot at the exact moment, but it's greenish wisps around the outside edges of the screen. They don't last long. Thought my character was getting some sort of new disease when it happened.

Can anyone clarify if the fast decay of non citizen houses on perimeter is Chaos only or across all servers?

There’s now visual feedback for the rarity drumroll

As someone who plays without sound, thank you for this. :-D

• Like 1

There’s now visual feedback for the rarity drumroll

I am SO glad the devs read the forums. This was a legit concern, and you answered it very quickly. Thanks, team!

Rolf, when are there going to be free disbands, and could we get Chaos renamed back to Wild please?

Now we can't have bridges between two towers. That sucks big time. I know people were abusing it but a lot more people were using it properly.

Yeah, the building change is a hit to what was a fun feature allowing cool and creative buildings, for the sake of a handful of whining 'realists'.

• Like 1

The limitation for forming a PMK still appears to be 50 premium players - given this will generally be more than half of the Chaos server online at any point in time, this seems excessive. I think something more like 20 players would be reasonable, or even something that changes depending on how active the server is like 20% of online players.

• Like 3

Now we can't have bridges between two towers. That sucks big time. I know people were abusing it but a lot more people were using it properly.

I'm sure that can make a return once actual bridges are implemented.

50 players is good

Lol the 50 player requirement is pretty low on the list of things wrong with PMKs.

Can anyone clarify if the fast decay of non citizen houses on perimeter is Chaos only or across all servers?

This is all servers.

Flanking modifier is now calculated on your mount if you ride one.
Some more clarification to this please?

• Now when you destroy floors and walls which would cause a section of a structure to float in the air, they will instead remain as plans

This is a really bad change. There were many forum posts with polls about this thing and they showed that the great majority of players liked the way the building is now and did not want it changed.

This is so fundamental to many great designs in multi-storey buildings (never-mind that we can finally have some kind of bridges in this way!) that without it we might as well go back to single-storey buildings.

• Like 1

That change means we can no longer have big open building and unique designs, but now have all these stupid plans i the way. It never required that in the first place, I don't see why it had to be changed -.-

• Like 3

Now when you destroy floors and walls which would cause a section of a structure to float in the air, they will instead remain as plans

nooooooooooooooooo! I hasn't even made my dream house! Now I can't make overhang porch or some walkways with one two floor gap from the bottom am I? :( If this is caused by the 'ugly houses and unrealistic houses' rant then this is so not right! Dirt towers are ugly, unfinished deed are ugly, 1x1 houses are ugly! I don't see dirt towers in real life or history, neither 1x1 houses! While I myself don't like certain buildings people make, it is theirs land, theirs house, theirs right to make what they want and what I percieve as ugly, doesn't mean it is for the others as it is matter of point of view.

Is this another quick solution like the marble slate rants? If so please stop making such hasty decisions >.< ..

I like the other part of updates though, thank you for that.

• Like 5

Fully agree, excellent update except the housing plans. Seems like a hasty decision that will kill a lot of really unique buildings including my planned large 2 story open church.

• Like 2

Now when you destroy floors and walls which would cause a section of a structure to float in the air, they will instead remain as plans

Please remove this addition to an otherwise excellent update. There is no harm in allowing people to build in the manner that this prevents. Who wants a house filled with scaffolding, which essentialy it well become. I'm all for realism but I believe players should have the ultimate amount of ability to build as they wish, revert this now please.

• Like 5

I know I was for more logic behind structures but not like this :o

Sign in to follow this