Sign in to follow this  
Saroman

A Number Of New Trees

lets give them.... and spawn them rondom all over area...  not deeds... dont forget cactus in desert!

When are the new trees coming.  Seems like if they have been designed would not be such a stretch to add them to the graphics updates.  Just maybe add them as sprouts instead of changing existing trees.   Could be a new botanizing item???

There's more to it than just that, there's the wood effects for items made from those trees, and I assume they'll have minor unique properties like cedar has reduced decay, oak suffers less dmg etc. Also the uses for those taht are harvestable.

There's more to it than just that, there's the wood effects for items made from those trees, and I assume they'll have minor unique properties like cedar has reduced decay, oak suffers less dmg etc. Also the uses for those taht are harvestable.

True sorry did not take that into consideration.

this is also nice : "[18:35:10] You successfully expand your building."

Looks like 1.1 might have a few nice additions to it i am looking forward to seeing the fir and walnut trees in-game.

As rumoured these will officially make their appearance in 1.1 as well!

• Like 5

As rumoured these will officially make their appearance in 1.1 as well!

will they just replace random trees or how will that work?

will they just replace random trees or how will that work?

Likely replace Iron nodes with wood piles...  :ph34r: 

Maybe we'll get them on environmental respawn in specific regions, or place sprouts on traders?

You'll be able to introduce them into the world by foraging for sprouts, so keep an eye on those grass tiles.

• Like 2

Plan for the day: Forage for ALL the fir sprouts, then tree genocide, then have a pretty fir forest all around Mandalore.

Should be awesome :D

• Like 3

I want to see the fir and the walnut trees in-game i will pick one of the two to be my main tree i think. I have been using maples but i think the walnut might be the new go to tree..idk

You'll be able to introduce them into the world by foraging for sprouts, so keep an eye on those grass tiles.

Oh?  Interesting, will this be only for the new types, or should we expect the older tree types to be added to the table as well?  If all sprout types are added.. my luck will be 200 olive sprouts 10 pine.. and 2500 branches -.-

as soon as i got those new sprouts.. my fo regime will start..

Oh?  Interesting, will this be only for the new types, or should we expect the older tree types to be added to the table as well?  If all sprout types are added.. my luck will be 200 olive sprouts 10 pine.. and 2500 branches -.-

Only the new tree types, and as Saroman said, on grass tiles. Branches will only be from tree tiles

• Like 2

Are there pictures of these trees on low quality settings?

Maybe one of the new trees can convert any marsh tiles around it into dirt tiles :)

Maybe one of the new trees can convert any marsh tiles around it into dirt tiles :)

I wouldnt mind that at all XD

Altho I saw somewhere that more tiletypes will be for/bot activated, maybe certain items can be for/bot from marsh in the future.

So while marsh is useless now, it might get a bit more use in the future :P

They will, if you cut them thin enough.

• Like 1

Oh yes! Linden and fir found in first 5 minutes of foraging. Now to get them growing.

New trees in my deed :)

creepytrees2_zps3d668d2c.jpg

Chestnut, walnut, chestnut, chestnut, wallnut. they are creepy at night! Couple them with some coffins and gravestones, perfect ghost trees for your graveyard!

fir_zpsc3705f59.jpg

Fir tree. As much as tested to very old fir trees, they are slightly below maple tree in height. They looks perfect to be a conifer forest or a few Christmas trees.

linden_zps7786d8de.jpg

Linden tree. I'm not a fan of this one somehow.. but maybe cause I put it too tighly close to the other trees :/ ..

Note: no texture for items made from them yet, they all looks like pinewood at the moment. And probably special uses for them hasn't been implemented either..

• Like 1

i was thinking the fir tree would be lower to the ground not sure i like the trunk showing like that..oh well

Edited by Kegan

i was thinking the fir tree would be lower to the ground not sure i like the trunk showing like that..oh well

Fir trees actually grow that way when in forests with other trees around and not on their own completely exposed.

Well i was just thinking they would make a good wall to block out a view you did not want but if you layer it with a hedge in front or the new stone fence it would still work out.