Sign in to follow this  
Jonneh

Pristine Interactive Map Project

Map link is available here: http://maps.wurmr.com/pristine

You can search by deed name, click deeds for more info. It has support for resource icons but I haven't really had time to add any yet, will come soon. You can zoom in and out by scrolling up and down, (this may happen quickly on mouse pads or 'smooth scrolling' mice, I'm working on a fix for this).

You can also give out links which will auto center on deeds by ending the URL with #deedname, example: http://maps.wurmr.co...istine#Darkhold - this should center on, and highlight in red, the deed "Darkhold".

You can also use a similar system for centering directly on coordinates, example: http://maps.wurmr.co...stine#1337,1337

You can also add your own custom data on top of the existing data, this additional information is stored in the URL and will ONLY be seen by people who use that URL to access it.

Currently you have to manually format this data, but I'm working on an in-map editor to manipulate it.

The format of this URL can be something like this: http://maps.wurmr.co...nting grounds 2

As you can see in that example the URL starts with #! after pristine, followed by the additional data. Each deed in the data is separated by a semicolon ( ;) , and within that the data is in the format x,y,width,height,name. All spaces in the name must be replaced with +'s, some other non alphanumeric characters may work but it's best not to use them.

You can also auto center and highlight deeds with the custom data by ending with #deedname, example: http://maps.wurmr.co...eHuntingGrounds

I plan on making these for the other servers too, it takes a long time to enter all the deed information though ;)

Edited by Jonneh
  • Like 7

Well done man. Looks outstanding :D

you can change payon/islude to Yoitsu a 83x41 deed :) tokens against the mountain base lined with the tar pit

Edited by Ronnie

This is an excellent map that you have created!! Some nice features with the deed search type option. One thing I would like to see added is a zoom in and out click type bar such as google has, since the mouse scroll option doesn't give enough fine control to be used as the only way to zoom in and out. Also I don't see any coords around the edges of the map which are common to most others to give some reference points and would be nice to be included on yours as well. Also it seems to me the only way to move around the map is by pressing and dragging it to the area you want to view, so including some slider bars to do this would be helpful.

Overall yours is the best map concept that I have seen created and just needs some fine tuning to reach the optimal state of it being the prefered one to go to, for myself anyway. Well done!

=Ayes=

Link should be fixed now, had forgot to create some of the config files when I updated my server to the new version of debian.

while it is nice at least get the deed sizes right please.

several deeds are much larger than you have posted.

Also kind of laggy....maybe it was still loading stuff.....................

Edited by Protunia

Can we get this Pinned please! (especially since darkmallice has now discontinued his map.)

• Like 1

what are the requirements to get things updated and posted on this map?

what are the requirements to get things updated and posted on this map?

Nothing specific, I'll try and update it as often as possible.

It would be really cool if we could update the data on the site. It would be a nightmare trying to weed out the malcontents though. :)

There needs to be a new road updated, gnat made his post in darkmalice's thread. and Moonshadow Oasis holds sermons

Beautifully done. I can't wait until we have this sort of map for all the servers.

Why can't we zoom in/out an arbitrary point on the map? By arbitrary I mean one I pick using my mouse. Picking it via URL is in my opinion not very usable.

Could you please add Larchmont Foothold at an-24 we are 25x17.

Thanks

Edited by Allysia

Hell's Gate is actually closer to where Skurvy Cove has been placed, and Skurvy Cove needs to be moved further North-East.

There's an awful lot of outdated information in this map. Are you looking for feedback from players to fix deed locations/sizes, or were you doing that yourself?

Mortopolis is slightly off location. The center should have an X of 450, instead of the current 420.

This looks like a good replacement for DMs map imo.

Oh, and "Wemp Hill" is now named "Venture Castle". :J