Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Hunting Server

Hunting Server  

523 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Hunting Server added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care / Doesn't Effect Me

great idea....  i'd want it to be big as possible and difficult to survive on.  Good for small groups to work together.  Maybe add some interesting items to be discovered eg buried treasure, new very rare items, etc.

With a bit of effort, this could be really fun and different.

Well I am glad to see that this is not a new post on this topic since when I spotted it from within the outside from the far distance I was all about to state that this had been suggested before and there was already a long post of discussion about it.

With the advent of Wurm Unlimited this caused me to once again ponder this situation, as some servers were considering setting up their own Hunting servers separate but attached to the main one.

I think the ideal way to do this would be with the Epic style portal system that would allow anyone to build a Portal at their own location to instantly travel to it. Then just up the aggro count on this Hunting server since anyone could easily get there and then eliminate all aggressive animals from the other servers. This would in turn reduce the lag on all the other servers due to eliminating this aggro population and then even the domestic animal populations could be increased a bit. Ha!

=Ayes=

Oooh I am so clumsy, I tripped and BUMPED it!

Because some sleeping dogs need a kick in the butt.

Also found some new pictures for this thread too (suggested before the openings of Release, Pristine, Xanadu):  

image_12.jpg

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

Le bump for this. No the few northern deserts we have are not enough for seasoned hunters,  the south of servers are generally empty. We also need tougher mobs to hunt than trolls and hell scorpions, including them on a separate server for higher skilled fighters would be ideal, keeping it way from pve. 

This would be really great with animal cages now. Think of all the possibilities.....   

350328417985495041.png

Edited by Xallo

Man can you Necro anything older ?

Game needs less servers and more players , not the other way around ...

17 hours ago, Damascus said:

It's not like this thread has been dead for years. It gets bumped every few months by people who still think it's a good idea. 

Xanadu is a pain in the ass to travel across. Hunting servers on top and bottom could help with that.  

-1 in present day Wurm because we already have 2 viable options, besides the fact that a Hunting Server implies less sandbox and more rules and restrictions.

As of the 9/5/18, Xanadu has 11 Uniques, alive and kicking, according to Niarja.  I am sure you will run into a few normal mobs on the way to locating the uniques and satisfy your hunting needs.  Considering some of the places on Xanadu will require some creativity to reach, this could become a whole game within the game.

If you really really need to hunt a certain type or number of mobs to quench your thirst for blood you can always make a WU server and hunt till your heart's content.

+1 for adding new mob types to the game with difficulties ranging from rift creatures to lower end uniques like the goblin leader,  almost solo-able mobs.  Adding more advanced AI for these new mobs would be ideal.

Edited by madnezz
  • Like 1

There is no more room for new servers.  Get it out of your head kids.

• Like 1

I like the idea of more challenging things to hunt, but as for a server just for hunting? Go to chaos if you want something spicy. I have never seen a shortage of things to kill on any of the freedom servers as well as chaos.

On 9/5/2018 at 6:01 PM, Damascus said:

It is almost like this thread is posted in often since its first creation.

Astonishing.

Edited by FranktheTank

On ‎9‎/‎5‎/‎2018 at 5:09 PM, FranktheTank said:

I am serious when I say too many freedom servers, cull 1-2 and add a hunting one.

Are you willing to have you're server go first ?

7 hours ago, FranktheTank said:

It is almost like this thread is posted in often since its first creation.

Astonishing.

As long as it goes on to deaf ears or in this case blind eyes people will continue to bring up the subject until a dev says NO-Way  not going to happen ever , but then I also remember saying there will never be dragons in game. ?

• Like 1

Would be cool.. Could have some rare species types of horses and stuff on that server that you would have to bring back with the animal cages.

Not sure if purely cosmetic or some positive traits, not a breedable trait,  just a very unique trait.

• Like 1

I think it's time to necro this badboy.

Hunting server is my number 1 wanted addition to the game and always has been!

Yes. Please move all this excess of critters that clutter the landscape and slow down the server to a separate server for people who appreciate them.

Absolutely, and so easy that even a WU server host can, and actually do it.

The idea of a hunting server sounds interesting but it should come with mechanics that restrict the kind of deeds/settlements that can be founded, and discourage people from creating a massive web of roads. Creating hunting lodges would be fine (and cool), and major highways are fine, but there should be lots of open landscape too. 

Maybe if you made other resources very rare or capped their ql, it'd discourage permanent settlement. People should head over for hunting, rare forage/treasure, possibly special rifts or encounters. There's also the leftover Jackal code to remember - you could reuse some of it to have areas that are "cleansed" and made relatively safer, but also areas of increasing difficulty the further you move from the server's starter deed (which should imo be at the far edge of the server in the lowest difficulty area).

Edited by Ols

Yes, they have it on Sklotopilis server and I enjoyed sailing there to hunt and bring back rare creatures. That was where the hell horses spawned also, so if you wanted any you would have to sail there. Would love them to do that in Wurm Online also, maybe they could add other things onto the server like special events or some new event they come up with that happens once in ahile.

We'd first need this also:

Since people wouldn't be building there, they probably wouldn't bother cutting trees either. Maybe even make tree cutting illegal?

17 hours ago, Idlamn said:

Since people wouldn't be building there, they probably wouldn't bother cutting trees either. Maybe even make tree cutting illegal?

No.
The restriction of no deeds and accelerated decay are all that's needed imo.