Sign in to follow this  
Xallo

Hunting Server

Hunting Server  

523 members have voted

1. 1. Would you like to see a Hunting Server added?

• Yes
    • No
    • Don't Care / Doesn't Effect Me

Mega-bump, especially now after 1.1! :)

Voted no, because the community is already segregated enough without adding another server, which would eventually be deeded by demand as Exodus was. There are already 4 main freedom servers, not including Release and Pristine, adding on Chaos too, that makes 7 servers with each one attracting around 1/3 of the maximum.All that needs to be done is increase the spawn rare on the servers, which, if I am not mistaken, was done recently.

Voted no, because the community is already segregated enough without adding another server, which would eventually be deeded by demand as Exodus was. There are already 4 main freedom servers, not including Release and Pristine, adding on Chaos too, that makes 7 servers with each one attracting around 1/3 of the maximum.All that needs to be done is increase the spawn rare on the servers, which, if I am not mistaken, was done recently.

From the OP and half the posts in the thread that you didn't read: 

What I propose is a strictly hunting only server East of Independence, sailable by boat. Building, breeding, and penning of animals would not be allowed. There would be no deeds, guard towers, or Spirit Templars.

It's a little less needed now that animals are spawning all over the place but it would be a good place for devs to play with mobs a bit.

Not sure if you've been to Celebration recently or not, but we are over-run with mobs. (What should be simple 10 minute trips take 20-30 if you stop to kill the mobs that are on the road, never mind those beside it)

If it were to be implemented, it should be south east of Deli and North east of Exo. Why put it at the top of the server cluster? Put it in the middle.

But like others have said, the population is spread out enough as it is and everyone has managed fine thus far with grinding FS and gathering meat etc.

A better option would be add a opt in feature to mayor deeds to allow mobs to spawn on deed land. then those players could have more mobs in there area besides the outskirts of patches of land between massive deeds. Then this idea would no longer be needed. It wouldn't affect everyone just those deeds that opt into the option .

A better option would be add a opt in feature to mayor deeds to allow mobs to spawn on deed land. then those players could have more mobs in there area besides the outskirts of patches of land between massive deeds. Then this idea would no longer be needed. It wouldn't affect everyone just those deeds that opt into the option .

1. Opt to allow monster spawns on your deed.

2. Have a spirit Templar or three.

3. ???

4. Profit!

Bump. I still think this would be a great addition to the game. Load up the Knarr with friends and go on a hunting trip.  sorry guys but even Exo is getting thinner  for hunting opportunity.

Prem only, No deeds , a safe place to land, sounds good to me.  ^_^

I just heard a fellow alliance member complaining yesterday about the lack of spawns on deli and exodus. I think something does need to be done and a hunting server doesn't sound so bad. And why not make it prem only, gives incentive for others to go prem because they will have friends that are going on a hunting trip that they can't go on.

I don't think The idea of a opting to make a spawn deed would work out, I can see it now, a fenced in deed that has spawns but no one but owner could get access to.

If a new server isn't an option then maybe a new pmk on chaos would be. A pmk that catered to freedom players. Yes it's on chaos but there is good hunting there and the server is so massive that if you in a remote location the chances of pvp are reduced.

Either way I like the idea.

Let's bring this up in that Q&A that will be later this month

Tents, Sleeping Bag. Its all I want for Christmas! Hunting server thing is cool too.

Edited by Crowley

+1 it! Been wanting this for a while now. No building, unique respawns, valrei spawns, mobs everywhere. Glad to see Rolf's post, supporting it too.

I know the team's been hard at work on some other very cool stuff that all of us are excited for, but I can't wait to see the implementation of this.

Sounds like a "whack-a-mole" server. Hunting should stay hunting, where you have to look for critters to kill. Some days they are swarming, some days you don't see any. That is what makes hunting interesting. Killing in a slaughterhouse isn't hunting.

I also don't see why hunting should be such a special skill, that it deserves its own server. Like Xandra said earlier, why not carpentry server, digging server etc.

I add to the suggestion, make the server spawn mobs by area difficulty, the further u go inland, the more danger.

Don't want to land at west shore and get killed by something before actually setting a foot on land.

I think we need better environments on freedom but I don't see the need for a hunting only server.

Bump for this awesome idea!

Also,

Hi,

since this many people want a special hunting server I'd suggest some more special servers:

• Digging Server. A flat rock surface at -4, and tons of juicy dirt on top. No monsters. To dig up here, and to raise there, just at your desire. No dreaded "You hit rock" anymore, no annoying deeds, just a huge pile of dirt to dig on in happiness!
  • Carpentry & Woodcutting Server. Flat, no mobs, trees all over the place, very fast regrowth (max. 3 RL days until overaged again). Below 50QL logs would vanish in hours, above 50QL logs would stay for weeks.
  • Ropemaking Server. Flat, no mobs, only terrain is wemp fields, enchanted rope tools growing on the few trees, season to harvest is unlimited. And harvesting wemp would always be between 60 and 99.99, regardless of actual farming skill.
  • Tailor Server. Flat, no mobs, only terrain is cotton fields, enchanted spindles growing on the few trees, season to harvest is unlimited. High QL enchanted looms all over the place. And harvesting cotton would always be between 60 and 99.99, regardless of actual farming skill.
  • Smithing server. No dirt, no rock shards. Only iron. Instead of mobs high ql forges spawning, and the few trees would been harvested for large amounts of wood scrap, all year long.
I'm sure I forgot some. Excuse plz! But, as a fact, we need such. It's not tolerable that not any Wurmian can get max. skill easily! This must be a bug and has to get repaired asap!

Why can't we all enjoy the Wurmian end game, having our skills maxed quickly and then whining for further challenges? This just is unfair, you agree? We want to join the end-game crowd, too, this much! We want to join the whining, too!

Embarrassing that it's not possible. End-game is only available to a few choosen-ones, and we others are all out. Scandal! I have played for 2 weeks now, and am still nothing near to the end game!

This must change.

Have a good time!

PS: This post might contain sarcasm, beware!

I just want to make sure you're aware, I have read this entire thread and almost every post you make drives you further and further into the 'a**hat who pushes his own agenda without a care for reason or understanding' category of people here on the wurm forums, there's quite a few people in it. You've been told again and again that this is NOT a server for skilling fightskill, this is a server for those who want to be able to go on a hunting trip that lasts many many hours and takes them through lush scenery and untouched lands of wurm. You may enjoy your lazy and wimpy form of what only you would call 'hunting' by finding caves full of animals, but that's not hunting, that's clearing out an infestation. Hunting is pure PvE, it's the wurm wilderness, yourself and the animals you hunt. It's fun, it's adventurous and it is an entire part of the game for a lot of people. How dare you belittle such a suggestion to improve MANY peoples gameplay experience by calling it a senseless slaughter server. We don't wish to go to this server and wipe it clean of animals as quick as we can, we want to go to a server where it's actually kind of scary to go into the woods at night, we want to be able to get the thrill of slaying a strong monster again that we cannot find anywhere else in wurm now, you said yourself thatonce you hit 70 there's no point raising it more since you can kill everything and that is exactly the point. I can walk up to a greenish troll and kill it only half paying attention because I know I will win already with only a few cuts and bruises, and that's not fun. I'd love to go to a server such as this thread suggests and come up against a tough challenge because that's what PvE should be about. Ofcourse the mobs spawning on the freedom servers needs fixing aswell but there's no reason why we can have this hunting server aswell as fixed mov spawning on the curren freedom servers.

• Like 2

I would say that this is something we could use. Toss on one or two GM maintained deeds that are built up and designed to look like frontier communities with places for people to dock ships and have a bed to rest in, for a cost of course. Perhaps recycle the ways the servers are connected and make this or chaos the centre server, which in itself would change the landscape a fair bit, yes, but it would give a kind of tone to trade routes too. Want to move product quicker? Sail through dangerous servers, want to be safe, sail along the skirts of the other servers.

Unique spawns should have their own places on the server, dragons to mountains or valleys for instance. Etc.

This server would still be able to make more money for Code Club, easily, not in making players pay for access to hunt, although if this isn't the central server I'd be all for making this a server only premiums could cross into, but it would do something no other server really does anymore. It would one, provide that raw feeling of adventure we original Wurmians had when we took the dive and delved into the game, it would provide a communal ground where we could meet and greet with other players while forming hunting parties in the towns, and it would put more available supplies into the open market trade, which in itself would ramp players to purchasing more silver from the general store.

It should not be too large, perhaps just GV sized as noted before, so that maintaining it on one of the other boxes isn't that hard. Perhaps, if need be, release it and another server running simultaneously on virtual machines in the same box and let the other server be a wasteland/arctic server set at the very northern pinnacle. But that's an idea for a later time.

Either way +1.

Sorry this is a bit off topic, but why does everyone wish to FORCE pvp by putting chaos in the middle of the servers? Yes, it's forced because it's the quick way to do it, that's not a "choice" unless your a super casual maybe that doesn't mind sailing for massive hours of time and got nothing better to do.

Sailing is already terrible and most people hate it or completely don't use it, while very few love it. Don't make it worse by putting a PvP server in a PvE system. No reason to force pvp to go through waters quicker.

If you want pvp, and don't have enough. Move to Epic.

• Like 1

Considering the inconsistency of battles on the fringes of Chaos, sailing through it wouldn't be that bad unless someone introduced a naval combat system. And why force it, per say, it's more to show players the ease of accessibility of the server and just how it looks when you go around it. It would promote more trade with the natives, and we'd see the Wurmwide Economy grow just a little more for it.

I'm not a Chaos or Epic player, at all, but I'm still all for the idea of sailing through/around chaos as the central server. I feel it would add a fair bit more to the 'story/lore' of the game to say and show that the lands in the centre of the Islands of Wurm is contested by many different factions.