Sign in to follow this  
Wox

Some Wip Animals

Can you make the NEW HotA statues as these marble statues?

And please keep our OLD HotA statues as they are, animated, life like, an unquestionable gift from the gods!

Is that how it's going to be?

I was going to assume all the old statues would become new statues.

Either way I'd like to know if the new statues were added to the HotA winnings or if they're still being worked on.

Also, is the Old Jenn-Kellon HotA Statue supposed to be something other than an old player model and will it be receiving a model anytime soon?

Edited by Kswords

The last HotA statue left, that has a default model, is a demon. I know because when I won it, I got a medallion with a demon on it. Same for the no-gump and others.

But, here is my problem with changing any existing statues.

1. As players we have evaluated each statue and moved it into place perfectly.

2. Changing any statue we already have is instantly destroying what we have created.

3. It may sound silly, but I'd like to be able to chisel out any of the nymph statues to place meticulously how I want.

4. As I see graphics progress, I see existing graphical efforts lost. Statues change each time someone gets ambition to create a new mesh.

For instance, the previous nymph statue I presented in the entrances of areas where I wanted a special ambiance which only its standing on flat ground would create.

Instead, the new nymph statue is on a podium. This changes the ambiance and messes with my creation and presentation.

The old stone demon statue was very significant. Players have placed demonic statues to give an eerie feeling in cave tunnels.

The new stone demon statue, however cool it is, is NOT the statue the player had intended to create and been meticulously placed. Now the torches are out of whack and have to all be repositioned and tested for how the light reacts with it all over again. The cave has to be redesigned for ambiance of the new statue.

Some statues no longer look correct in their intended position in structures.

Proposition:

Only add new statues. Never change existing statues.

• Like 7

This changes the ambiance and messes with my creation and presentation.

Ugh... artists :P

Proposition:

Only add new statues. Never change existing statues.

Yes +1 to this.

I'm still curious as to what the Demon statues are going to look like in the future or are they not getting changed?

it is not just statues everything is like that i still miss the old oleander bushes to me they were much better than the ones we have now.I do see the value in changes too like the horses and animals are a wanted change for sure but on some things i would rather have the old back. As far as the HoTA statues most of them are improvements in my opinion they were poorly done the first time as far as lighting positioning goes but the animated/lifelikeness was a nice touch i thought.

In connection to Colossus sized dragon statues.

One Hota statue will be the black dragon!

We will replace all hota statues with real statues.

Does Hota means none of these Statues available on Freedom Servers? :(

HOTA is only on Epic and Choas , thus the HOTA statues can go to all epic servers and the the older freedom cluster.

The Issue I have is that Pristine & Release ins`t connected to a PVP server so no HOTA statues for us.

Thus I ask again can we please get dragon (NON HOTA) statues.

Art...

If I were to purchase the "Mona Lisa", then later it suddenly changed to the "Whistler's Mother", I would be angry beyond describable words.

Mona Lisa - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mona_Lisa

Artist: Leonardo da Vinci

Created: 1503–1506

Dimensions: 2' 6" x 1' 9" (77 cm x 53 cm)

Subject: Lisa del Giocondo

Genre: Portrait

Whistler's Mother - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Whistler%27s_Mother

Artist: James Abbott McNeill Whistler

Genre: Portrait

Dimensions: 4' 9" x 5' 4" (1.44 m x 1.62 m)

Created: 1871

Media: Oil paint

Edited by Kamikazifly
  • Like 1

Art Statues: of indescribable artistic value

"David"

by Michelangelo

"it soon came to symbolize the defense of civil liberties" - wiki

"The Thinker"

http://en.wikipedia....iki/The_Thinker

"It depicts a man in sober meditation battling with a powerful internal struggle.[1] It is often used to represent philosophy." - wiki

These statues are both of men. I am sure the artistic value of the owner does not mind if I swap them?

Edited by Kamikazifly
  • Like 1

In connection to Colossus sized dragon statues.

HOTA is only on Epic and Choas , thus the HOTA statues can go to all epic servers and the the older freedom cluster.

The Issue I have is that Pristine & Release ins`t connected to a PVP server so no HOTA statues for us.

Thus I ask again can we please get dragon (NON HOTA) statues.

Why not just ask to connect the servers together finally?

The uniques are dead or are they not?

I didn't notice that post by Wox. Thanks for quoting it.

Surely these statues are all similar and interchangeable?

Colossus of Rhodes http://en.wikipedia....ossus_of_Rhodes

"It is considered one of the Seven Wonders of the Ancient World." - wiki

Colossus of Barletta http://en.wikipedia....sus_of_Barletta

Colossi of Memnon http://en.wikipedia....lossi_of_Memnon

Colossus of Nero http://en.wikipedia....olossus_of_Nero

The Motherland Calls http://en.wikipedia....erland_CallsFor

heroes of the Battle of Stalingrad

Unveiled 15 October 1967

Location 48°44′32.5″N 44°32′13″E

near Mamayev Kurgan, Volgograd

Designed by Yevgeny Vuchetich, Nikolai Nikitin

The Statue of Liberty is a colossal neoclassical sculpture on Liberty Island in New York Harbor, designed by Frédéric Bartholdi and dedicated on October 28, 1886. Wikipedia

Artist: Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi

Height: 305' (93 m)

Construction started: September 1875

Address: Liberty Island, New York, NY 10004

Media: Copper, Wrought iron

Architects: Frédéric Auguste Bartholdi, Gustave Eiffel, Richard Morris Hunt

What is art, if not to be pondered?

Art

http://dictionary.re....com/browse/art

2. the class of objects subject to aesthetic criteria; works of art collectively, as paintings, sculptures, or drawings: a museum of art; an art collection.

Edited by Kamikazifly
  • Like 1

My poor little foals always look so sad, so much shading around their eyes.

I walked out to the pens before and 1 looked like it had been crying.

Is there anyway to reduce some of the darkness around it's eyes? (I know, big ask). :)

Animals, bushes, trees are all biological. Breed it to have a different color. Foals are weak. It probably was crying. Thank goodness we don't have to listen to their real life cries constantly in game.

Evolutionary changes are a constant norm to real life. Please, continue as you wish on biological entities, as humans will adapt.

Animals, bushes, trees are all biological. Breed it to have a different color. Foals are weak. It probably was crying. Thank goodness we don't have to listen to their real life cries constantly in game.

Evolutionary changes are a constant norm to real life. Please, continue as you wish on biological entities, as humans will adapt.

Art evolves too, and apparently as humans can adapt, you should have no difficulty adjusting to the new statue models ;)
  • Like 1

doh! you got me... except art is a slice of history. The mona lisa can not evolve into the whistler's mother.

doh! you got me... except art is a slice of history. The mona lisa can not evolve into the whistler's mother.

And that is where you are incorrect. Art can be changed by humans, by it's designers, by those that come after them.

If we hold to your original post (after mine)

) that the animals and bushes and trees are biological and we are to breed them differently, why don't we have the ability to have more than certain colours, patterns, markings on the animals, why can't we cross trees and so on. That is why it's not so bad to ask the artist for a little bit of happiness in our foals, because in truth we can't breed them to be happier, however the artist can do so.

Sure, i'll still accept the foal, however there's no harm in asking for a little less darkness :) Cheers :D

Hehe, I do understand your point that things were placed for the aesthetic result, and changing the design radically will alter the feel of the place and so on quite dramatically in some instances. Not sure you needed to be quite so... enthusiastic in finding links etc. to back up your point though ;)

Speaking of biological entities though, I want my mountain top fir forest!

• Like 2

Gotta agree with Kami here in terms of idealism, but in terms of what i would expect, I doubt they'd split the code for each individual new thing put in.

Instead can you just give the hellhorses normal pitch black eyes like a demon should have.

It would look a lot better.

Offhand it looks like the bartender... was originally thinking trader.

The statues are nice. I adore hota statues. They are the only really good things that come from elevation.

• Like 1

Hehe, I do understand your point that things were placed for the aesthetic result, and changing the design radically will alter the feel of the place and so on quite dramatically in some instances. Not sure you needed to be quite so... enthusiastic in finding links etc. to back up your point though ;)

Speaking of biological entities though, I want my mountain top fir forest!

No one can accuse me of not doing my homework. ;D

Gotta agree with Kami here in terms of idealism, but in terms of what i would expect, I doubt they'd split the code for each individual new thing put in.

My thoughts were that statues could have a huge list to choose from during creation, in similarity to black smithing on both large and small anvils.

While i do absolutely adore the current hota statues they do have a long standing performance issue especially when grouped together. Not sure if its the animations or the light. One or the other must remain in any new HOTA statues otherwise they are nothing more than regular statues and crappy prizes.

• Like 1

Ill take the Motherland is calling colossus instead of the current.... Ninja, knight, footballer hot mess model that we have now