Sign in to follow this  
Pinta Dragon

Black Night (Blind) [Fixed!]

I've had this problem since I first played wurm and my computer savvy friends told me to try a few things, none of which worked, and then assumed it could not be fixed. It recently occurred to me to search the technical forum, and when I found nothing, to post in it.

At night in Wurm I cannot see anything. Unless there are light sources around, everything is completely black. I can't sail anywhere at night for this reason, and get lost on land easily too :(

I have Windows 7, this happens on stable or unstable, and an ATI graphics card with catalyst control center installed. I tried messing with settings on the control center in the past I believe, but nothing made a difference either way.

Edited by Pinta Dragon

Raising the gamma/brightness in the Catalyst Control Panel will help (in particular if you have a dark monitor, here's a guide: http://www.online-tech-tips.com/free-software-downloads/adjust-gamma-brightness-and-contrast-on-a-lcd-monitor/

Otherwise, Wurm's nocturnal darkness is a key gameplay factor. You're pretty much expected to work with it as part of the survival experience.

Thank you for your ideas, but they did not work. I messed with Gamma, Brightness, and all the other settings I could see in the control pannel.

I have been playing Wurm for over 2 years with this monitor and have "survived" just fine. As for Wurm's nocturnal darkness and the "survival experience," you do not seem to understand what I mean about seeing nothing. Here is a graphic of what I see at night or in a cave with no lanterns or lamps in Wurm - minus the GUI:

2Pst35s.png

• Like 1

have you tested " extreme" settings on your graphic cards control panel or the game settings to check if you see anything at all? btw it sounds alot like it's too much contrast and too low brightness, is your graphic cards panel maybe controlling wurms output without you knowing it?

I can see!

I couldn't find anything in my control pannel that said "extreme," unless you meant turning stuff all the way up or down. But while I was looking, I did find this option: "Reactivate AMD Color Controls," and when I clicked it I could see! Thanks for the advice about contrast and brightness too, that helped it get even better :)

Also, you'll notice that it says a third party has taken over color control. I tested this, and it was Wurm that was doing it, not anything else.

Just in case anyone wants or needs to see it, this is what I clicked on in Catalyst Control Center:

D3Aq0JR.png

Just to confirm this is definately a real issue, and not intended. I have wurm downloaded on both my pc and laptop and there is a massive difference, I am unable to see anything on the laptop at night. It seems to be another AMD thing. :unsure:

It looks like you just need to click the button shown on your ss to activate the color changes to your desktop.

Edited by Kegan