Sign in to follow this  
Protunia

Rolf Stop The Lame Penning And Killings Of Dragons Please.

Simple as that....please make them fly and be real dragons soon as possbile.

It is getting old watching this routine of penning and trapping them to kill them as they can't do anything and are trapped.

Really this is Wurm and its suppose to be a Dragon.

Personally I think it would be better for all servers if they spawned every once in awhile one per server and dropped left. It might actually bring some life back into the older servers who have had their best resource penned and slaughtered off.

Spellcast said it best below..

dragons should teleport in a random direction, once a day, to a spot that is between 50 and 200 tiles away. that would solve the problem.
This is a great Idea.

If you cant make them fly yet make them move far enough to stop the pennings.

A random teleport daily and range of a min 100-200+ tiles to undded , unfenced land.would be great!! :)

People would see them more if they moved around a bit and if they went all over the map.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 4

NO WAY.

GET OVER IT and DEAL WITH IT....forgot those mr wild epic chaos dude.

thats not a right solution imo

any solution that stops the lame crap thats going on is better than allowing it to continue.

Dragons should be feared not penned and harvested.

And yes it would be better if the dragons drops were reduced and they spawned every 3-6 months 1 per server at random. that would be much better and would bring life back into all the servers whos dragons have already been killed this way.

As a matter of fact each server could have its own unique dragon and drop if he choose to do it that way.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 3

But if we allow new players the same opportunities as the older ones, how will the veterans feel superior then?

• Like 7

respawning dragons is a good idea, probably should take a bit to respawn (maybe 6 months?). I'm pretty sick of this old boys club attitude within wurm, it's why the game is not attractive to new players.

• Like 16

But if we allow new players the same opportunities as the older ones, how will the veterans feel superior then?

They are already dragon killing on Pristine, a server in where everyone started fresh and new with new accounts. You can't really argue about how anyone older had any advantages there. Anyone could do a dragon killing, new or old. It's a matter of taking the leadership and doing it. Drake and scale is very overrated anyway on Freedom, yes it looks great, but it's PvP armor. You're no better with it than without it. New or old.

I just don't see why Freedom has such a big appeal for dragon armor, I mean it's literally designed for PvP. The enjoyment I get from game is the building and terraforming, not armor.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 1

The facts are you want it easier because you don't have any' date=' just like those who do not have dragon gear want it easier.

[/quote']

... heh

Regardless of that, I agree. It's pretty ridiculous how helpless dragons are against player imprisonment. Dragons as they are are not an equal opportunity feature. Changing their implementation towards something that benefits more than a handful of players per who were lucky enough to begin playing on a server that had a living dragon would be nice.

Edited by EliasTheCrimson
  • Like 1

You're no better with it than without it.

then why do you care at all if this is true

• Like 2

They are already dragon killing on Pristine, a server in where everyone started fresh and new with new accounts. You can't really argue about how anyone older had any advantages there. Anyone could do a dragon killing, new or old. It's a matter of taking the leadership and doing it. Drake and scale is very overrated anyway on Freedom, yes it looks great, but it's PvP armor. You're no better with it than without it. New or old.

I just don't see why Freedom has such a big appeal for dragon armor, I mean it's literally designed for PvP. The enjoyment I get from game is the building and terraforming, not armor.

with the new visual armor it is going to be wanted more and rolf should start think about spawning some more on the older servers on a limited basis with limited drops so other players new or old can be involved.

I would not do this though until the way dragons are have changed, because they are no more than glorified cows atm.

easily penned away until the numbers game is done.

that's simply not good at all and bad for the games reputation as a whole i think.

anyone who thinks the way dragons are now is a good thing doesnt care about the game at all.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 3

Hunt creatures such as the unique red dragon, forest giant, kyklops, troll king and others!

It's offered on the main Wurm Online page. If they all get killed then they should remove this line from the page.

My main has been playing for a year now and I've never seen any of these creatures, nor do I think I should have to start over on a seperate server to experience something like this.

Congrats to you older players who've had the experience of killing these creatures, but what's left for those of us who came after you killed everything unique to the world.

Anyone can do a dragon killing? Not if they are all dead or penned/hidden away. You can't kill that which doesn't exist.

• Like 6

Fences actually go all the way into the upper atmosphere. So high that there isn't enough air to fly. So dragons can't really escape. If this were not true then no one could pen up a champ that could easily step over a fence. So they must go up so high that they can't be flown or stepped over. What you see in the game is simply the lower manifestation of the fence. What normal people can see. You need special 3D goggles to see the rest of the fence that goes up and up and up.

It's the only thing makes sense. Otherwise it would be extremely stupid to be able to fence in dragons and champs with normal every day fences..

Postes should simply stay out of this because he doens't play on freedom really.

---

I do agree with Protunia, the OP.

If the argument is new players will never get to see a dragon, make it unable to attack, I say lets get em dead so we can get back to our usual topics to ###### about. Trifecta would be a penned dragon, deeded clay and a huge area with penned up horses, toss in some mushroom houses and other unrealistic terraforming and we'd have the thread to beat all threads.

• Like 1

Postes should simply stay out of this because he doens't play on freedom really.

---

I do agree with Protunia, the OP.

I play on the Freedom Cluster, thank you, but I don't go bananas and upset because I can't get large amounts of euros for selling drake/scale. I just don't care that much, and I don't get why other's do. I think people just get upset because they see others making large profits while they get nothing.

This thread comes up like once a week or something, gets repetitive.

Edited by Postes
  • Like 2

dragons should teleport in a random direction, once a day, to a spot that is between 50 and 200 tiles away. that would solve the problem.

• Like 22

yes!!! I was thinking the same thing about the teleporting if he cant make them fly yet!!

Make them teleport any where they wish :D to an undeeded and unfenced area heck a min 200 tiles just so they can move around.

Edited by Protunia

As long as they don't attack players or destroy things of players that specifically built away from the Dragons, it was bad enough when creatures griefed our mines and trolls bashing fences from a patch to stop dragons from being penned which accomplished little to nothing.

As long as they don't attack players or destroy things of players that specifically built away from the Dragons, it was bad enough when creatures griefed our mines and trolls bashing fences from a patch to stop dragons from being penned which accomplished little to nothing.

They are dragons and should be feared and wreck havoc.

besides they will be gone the next day some where else doing the same thing!! :)

Edited by Protunia

Making dragons move from it's 'nest' is bad because they cause so much hassle for players. Even if they move once a day it's still a pest. Atleast with the nest zone players know where to avoid.

I was thinking more on the lines of another dragon ability, throughout the day it does a 'Pulse' which damages all walls within a 5x5 - 11x11 area of the dragon. Maybe deals 40 damage per wall every 3-6 hours, this is to prevent greifing easily. This means you can still capture dragons (everything should be possible) but you have to put in heavy maintenance in keeping it there rather than just throwing up a building.

• Like 2

Making dragons move from it's 'nest' is bad because they cause so much hassle for players. Even if they move once a day it's still a pest. Atleast with the nest zone players know where to avoid.

I was thinking more on the lines of another dragon ability, throughout the day it does a 'Pulse' which damages all walls within a 5x5 - 11x11 area of the dragon. Maybe deals 40 damage per wall every 3-6 hours, this is to prevent greifing easily. This means you can still capture dragons (everything should be possible) but you have to put in heavy maintenance in keeping it there rather than just throwing up a building.

They should never be trapped or have a "area" they can only be.

The game would become 10x more interesting if they moved around and caused havoc all over the map.

Sure some people would have to run and flee but, hey man they are dragons right?

Edited by Protunia