Sign in to follow this  
Jonneh

Green Dragon Killing

dsn6DaU.png

-

-----

I want to get this one over reasonably quickly with all the drama surrounding dragons at the moment.

I'm looking for pretty much any fighters to come and help. I would prefer if you post your FS before hand so I have a better idea of how soon I could actually run the event. Two handed weapons are a MUST, try and grind your weapon skill in one of these, preferably huge axe, as much as possible before hand. I would prefer if low skilled fighters didn't take up all the slots, but there's not really any way I can check on what fight skill someone actually has other than the titles.

I'm also looking for Fo priests, Magranon priests and a butcher, again feel free to post your skills for the butcher role so I can pick the best chance to get the full butcher. If you don't have a high QL butchering knife I can get hold of one for you.

Assuming we actually get a decent butcher, I'll be distributing the drake out fairly. Most likely (but may vary on the success of the butcher) as 1 set to the butcher, 10 sets or so "highest damage", 1 for the leatherworker, 2 for the people who helped me organize this and the remaining ones as a random draw to attendees and any priests (with a slightly higher weighting).

There's a deed on site to ally to or be a citizen of for quick respawns if you do die.

Note: Please don't flood this thread with arguments about penning dragons etc. There's a nice thread for discussing that here: http://forum.wurmonl...protection-act/

Edited by Jonneh

Good luck - It does look like you're rushing it though. Just remember only 20 people can target it, and with such low skills i doubt you will be able to take a dragon down. Good luck either way.

Thats a dragon LOL! it looks kinda whimpy all trapped like that.

I hope he fixes them soon.

As far as drama I can see why that looks pretty much like a trapped mob with no where to go.

You might be rushing it like he said gonna take alot to kill it even if it cant move.

Jonneh, you have to understand, to kill this dragon, you will need 20 players with 70 FS and no less.

The reason for that is:

No amazing FO priests to heal, or amazing first aid skills to bandage

No high body stats on everyone

No drake armour to tank the dragon with

I really do not think its possible if you dont have 20 people with 70FS, and i also think there arent 20 people with 70FS around atm :)

---

I will sign up tho, i dont have 70FS yet but i will before it happens

2h Huge Axe

Agressive fighting

Edited by whykillme

currently 29 FS (hitting FS hard now, 10 gained yesterday)

currently 26.90 strength

currently 20.27 2h large maul

Edited by Acaos

Could you please possibly video the multiple deaths from the dragons AoE attacks? Thanks in advance.

Kudos to any Fo priest who manages to keep everyone healed :D

• Like 1

53FS (shouldn't be a problem to get 70 by then)

28.4 agressive

31.5 huge axe

25 body strength

13.8 butchering

Good luck guys, hope come to Release and release those dragons when finish.

If you can make an altar nearby, I can bless it (Fo) and if someone is able to provide a large number of high ql square pieces of cloth (for favor), I'm happy to try and help.

Edited by Kgb

I am too low but I hopefully will be ready by the time we get 20 70's together

Just in case it's unclear to anyone, two handed weapons are critical. Dragons mitigate damage severely. I tested this with a 70 fight skill 60+ body strength 90+ hammer skill character dual wielding dragon's demise enchanted 90 QL blacksmith's hammers.

Against normal PVE enemies, with the exact same hammers, Jyin tore through them fairly quickly. Even though I hit the dragon 16 times in the fight, at no point did I even do the slightest bit of damage to the dragon.

The dragon I tested this on was the Green on Deliverance.

Stats matter, and nobody on that server is even coming close to 60 body strength already for the damage bonuses. I doubt anyone is making 90 QL weapons, even if there's a bicycle account weaponsmithing 24/7, and I'm rather certain nobody has 90 weapon skill in anything either. Nobody is going to do damage to the green over there with anything other than large axes. large mauls, 2 handed swords, or (perhaps) scythes, huge clubs, or maybe some of the polearms.

Edited by Farmerbob

Just in case it's unclear to anyone, two handed weapons are critical. Dragons mitigate damage severely. I tested this with a 70 fight skill 60+ body strength 90+ hammer skill character dual wielding dragon's demise enchanted 90 QL blacksmith's hammers.

Against normal PVE enemies, with the exact same hammers, Jyin tore through them fairly quickly. Even though I hit the dragon 16 times in the fight, at no point did I even do the slightest bit of damage to the dragon.

The dragon I tested this on was the Green on Deliverance.

Stats matter, and nobody on that server is even coming close to 60 body strength already for the damage bonuses. I doubt anyone is making 90 QL weapons, even if there's a bicycle account weaponsmithing 24/7, and I'm rather certain nobody has 90 weapon skill in anything either. Nobody is going to do damage to the green over there with anything other than large axes. large mauls, or (perhaps) scythes.

You used hammers... wtf do you expect?

Hammers do like no damage

• Like 1

You used hammers... wtf do you expect?

Hammers do like no damage

90 QL Hammers wielded by a 70 fight skill character, with 60 body strength, and 90 hammer skill are not as bad as you might think. Especially when demise enchanted. I'll see if I can find the logs for the spider I killed right before the dragon fight :P

90 QL Hammers wielded by a 70 fight skill character, with 60 body strength, and 90 hammer skill are not as bad as you might think. Especially when demise enchanted. I'll see if I can find the logs for the spider I killed right before the dragon fight :P

Firstly, remember, I am trying to make sure people don't repeat my experiment/mistake for uniques. Reinforcement and a reminder that it has been experimented with before, and it didn't work then, so it won't work now. Bring 2h weapons :) With Nimbleness and Dragon's Demise

Secondly, hammers get the maul line of special attacks, and if enchanted properly, can be pretty darn brutal in PVP when you are working with friends.

OK, found the entry: http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/50660-weapontools-effect-on-uniques/page__hl__%2Bgreen+%2Bdragon

Thorgot and I beat up on a spider together. before the dragon fight.

The hammer was a Dragon's Demise hammer, not an Animal Demise. It had a low-medium cast nimbleness on it. The QL was actually 80, and Jyin's skill was 86 with hammers, not 90.

[12:35:49] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the left hindleg and harms it.

[12:35:51] You try to maul a Young huge spider.

[12:35:54] Your attack glances off Young huge spider's armour.

[12:35:58] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the stomach and irritate it.

[12:36:02] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the chest and irritate it.

[12:36:05] You maul Young huge spider very lightly in the stomach and slap it.

[12:36:09] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the left leg and irritate it.

[12:36:11] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the chest and damages it.

[12:36:13] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the right foreleg and slap it.

[12:36:15] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the stomach and harms it.

[12:36:17] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the stomach and irritate it.

[12:36:18] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the chest and slap it.

[12:36:19] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the left foreleg and damages it.

[12:36:20] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the left hindleg and slap it.

[12:36:21] Young huge spider regains his bearings.

[12:36:24] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the chest and slap it.

[12:36:28] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the left foreleg and harms it.

I'm not putting the dragon fight parse in there, but you can see it on the linked page above. Recognize that almost nobody got a hit harder than a slap, and the ones that did were mostly many year accounts with absurd stats.

Firstly, remember, I am trying to make sure people don't repeat my experiment/mistake for uniques. Reinforcement and a reminder that it has been experimented with before, and it didn't work then, so it won't work now. Bring 2h weapons :) With Nimbleness and Dragon's Demise

Secondly, hammers get the maul line of special attacks, and if enchanted properly, can be pretty darn brutal in PVP when you are working with friends.

OK, found the entry: http://forum.wurmonl..._+green +dragon

Thorgot and I beat up on a spider together. before the dragon fight.

The hammer was a Dragon's Demise hammer, not an Animal Demise. It had a low-medium cast nimbleness on it. The QL was actually 80, and Jyin's skill was 86 with hammers, not 90.

[12:35:49] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the left hindleg and harms it.

[12:35:51] You try to maul a Young huge spider.

[12:35:54] Your attack glances off Young huge spider's armour.

[12:35:58] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the stomach and irritate it.

[12:36:02] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the chest and irritate it.

[12:36:05] You maul Young huge spider very lightly in the stomach and slap it.

[12:36:09] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the left leg and irritate it.

[12:36:11] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the chest and damages it.

[12:36:13] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the right foreleg and slap it.

[12:36:15] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the stomach and harms it.

[12:36:17] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the stomach and irritate it.

[12:36:18] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the chest and slap it.

[12:36:19] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the left foreleg and damages it.

[12:36:20] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the left hindleg and slap it.

[12:36:21] Young huge spider regains his bearings.

[12:36:24] You maul Young huge spider lightly in the chest and slap it.

[12:36:28] Thorgot pierces Young huge spider extremely hard in the left foreleg and harms it.

I'm not putting the dragon fight parse in there, but you can see it on the linked page above. Recognize that almost nobody got a hit harder than a slap, and the ones that did were mostly many year accounts with absurd stats.

Your doing lightly. Which was what? 2 damage a hit. You hit 30+ that way and only get about .8 damage on a dragon. Think about it

Your doing lightly. Which was what? 2 damage a hit. You hit 30+ that way and only get about .8 damage on a dragon. Think about it

I believe you are somehow, mistakenly, believing that I am encouraging people to use a tool as a weapon against a unique? Please read again.

What I am saying is that dragons mitigate damage significantly, and 1 handed weapons is a waste of time.

I have a 90ish QL large maul with AD which hits for up to around 75 damage. Bob's stats are not incredibly awesome. People in that fight were stronger and more skiled than Bob with large maul, and very few of them got damage higher than slaps. Othobrithol did, and considering that he lived in his forge doing platesmithing for years, his body stats were likely comparable to Jyin's - far better than Bob's.

So dragons mitigate 75ish damage attacks down to slaps. You aren't going to be doing any meaningful damage at all unless you have a two-handed weapon.

Stop trying to pretend that I am suggesting tools make good weapons against uniques, and recognize that I'm actually saying the exact same thing that you are apparently trying to say, that anything less than a 2-handed weapon against a dragon is just a waste.

Edited by Farmerbob

I believe you are somehow, mistakenly, believing that I am encouraging people to use a tool as a weapon against a unique? Please read again.

What I am saying is that dragons mitigate damage significantly, and 1 handed weapons is a waste of time.

I have a 90ish QL large maul with AD which hits for up to around 75 damage. Bob's stats are not incredibly awesome. People in that fight were stronger and more skiled than Bob with large maul, and very few of them got damage higher than slaps. Othobrithol did, and considering that he lived in his forge doing platesmithing for years, his body stats were likely comparable to Jyin's - far better than Bob's.

So dragons mitigate 75ish damage attacks down to slaps. You aren't going to be doing any meaningful damage at all unless you have a two-handed weapon.

Stop trying to pretend that I am suggesting tools make good weapons against uniques, and recognize that I'm actually saying the exact same thing that you are apparently trying to say, that anything less than a 2-handed weapon against a dragon is just a waste.

calm the hell down...

I was just commenting on the fact that the only reason you werent doing damage to the dragon was due to using a hammer

I've never heard of anyone using hammers in PVP.

• Like 1

You won't do much damage, but any competent smith is going to have very high hammer skill, and can spam the PVP special abilities that hammers get. Your buddies kill the enemy after you knock them silly a couple times and drain most of their stamina.

You won't do much damage, but any competent smith is going to have very high hammer skill, and can spam the PVP special abilities that hammers get. Your buddies kill the enemy after you knock them silly a couple times and drain most of their stamina.

k why dont you go try that.

anyone read the Eragon series? XD this end of this thread is reminding me of his cousin XD who fights with a blacksmith's hammer

• Like 2

Just because Sklo:D was under fire in another thread doesn't mean that you are necessarily under fire also Jonneh. I don't think anyone would have any qualms about waiting a bit longer to hold this slaying event so that the fighters have a better chance of defeating it.

Just because Sklo:D was under fire in another thread doesn't mean that you are necessarily under fire also Jonneh. I don't think anyone would have any qualms about waiting a bit longer to hold this slaying event so that the fighters have a better chance of defeating it.

To be honest I'm more worried about pens being "fixed" and then a private group coming along and swiping it like the red on deli.

k why dont you go try that.

I've been meaning to get a battlehammer made anyhow, so sure I'll get with Battlepants and have him make me an AD / Nimble hammer and smack things with it on Bob, will be fun. If Rolf ever fixes the PVP servers to make them interesting (IMHO) I might come back and try the same with a Human's Demise hammer.