Sign in to follow this  
DevBlog

The 5Th Akhenaten Tournament [Community Event]

On the 2nd February the Independence server will be graced by arguably the most prestigious fighting tournament of modern Wurm - the Akhenaten Tournament. Competitors battle it out to be crowned the champion of their league, all against a backdrop of one of the largest and most spectacular arenas on the Freedom cluster.

Anyone is able to compete in the tournament - based on your fightskill, you’ll be placed into an equal league with others - meaning that you’re able to join in on the fun regardless of your character’s level of ability. You don’t need to worry about having the best weaponry either - your choice of weapons and armour are provided by the tournament, meaning that enchants and weapon quality are not variables that fighters have to worry about. All in all, this makes the fighting very close, and it often comes down to the last blow and the tournament is often full of surprises!

This year, the top prize is a drake set with a value of over 50 silver coins; and ANY competitor will be eligible to win it as it will be raffled off! Not to mention plenty of other prizes too, including a chain set crafted entirely from gold.

You can find out more about this year’s 5th Akhenaten Tournament and sign up for the competition here.

Akhenaten is located in South-West Independence at 12x 50y on the community map; I recommend that you get any traveling out of the way the day before the tournament to be on the safe side. The tournament will be held at 7PM GMT and falls on a Saturday. This should be best for the most timezones.

Thanks go to Sklo and his team for organising the event!

- Docterchese

P.S. Last year, the GM team joined in to give everyone a ride on a “literal landboat” - at the end of the tournament, everyone rode up a mountain in a caravel! As if the drake set isn’t enough, Sklo says that he has a one-off surprise in store this year too…

View the tumblr article
  • Like 2

i hope some go Live Stream 5th Akhenaten Tournament :D I wil See 5th Akhenaten Tournament how poeple playing like me nice Tournament

Sign in to follow this