Sign in to follow this  
Drizzy

Ridiculous Lag On Good Computer

For some reason I get extensive lag on my new laptop despite it being a higher end one that can run games such as GTA IV on high without issue. I can run all kinds of high-end games at the max graphics but I cannot run Wurm on low graphics even, I've tried multiple settings such as the pinned one suggested by Budda.

Everytime I login the textures around me load extremely slow and if I try to move the game stops responding.

A basic run down on what I'm using for anyone willing to help:

Intel Core i5-2450M 2.50GHz CPU on 2 Cores

6 GB RAM

Radeon HD 7690M XT Graphics Card

Resolution I normally run on is 1366 x 768, tried decreasing it but had no luck.

If anyone has any suggestions it'd be greatly appreciated, I truly don't understand why Wurm won't run on this laptop but ran on my old one which was barely functional.

1. Maybe your laptop might be suffering from a disease called Optimus, its a system that automatically decides to use the integrated GPU instead of the dedicated one, Its a feature designed to save battery and you can not turn it off, however in the Control Panel of your graphics card you should be able to override it for Java and other applications/games it has problems with.

2. Unlikely since its a new laptop, your Java install might be mangled pretty badly this making the game run very bad, Wipe off any Java install/data on your Laptop and install different verions of java and see if it has any effect.

This are the problems I encountered with my new laptop and Wurm 1.0.

Reinstalled Java completely, started it up and it just freezes and Java stops working. I'm not sure how to adjust stuff with my graphics card.

I am familiar only with the nVidia Control Panel, it should give you the option to access the control panel when you right-click the desktop.

Try to google this in relationship with your GPU and see how you can make the changes.

Tried updating my graphics drivers, google didn't give me any help whatsoever. I really don't know what to do here, it's ridiculous that the game cannot run on my computer. Tried multiple attempts at changing graphics options, every time I move it freezes.

EDIT: Found the control panel, set java to run @ high performance.. no change in game performance whatsoever.

Edited by Drizzy

First check if you have the Optimus system, it it has add all Java related executable, they are a few then try again, if you don't have it do what Elias said. and yeah ATI s not really wurm-friendly, when i bought my laptop I specifically sought a nVidia GPU.

Edited by Iulianx

I did was Elias said, I ended up ###### something up along the line and had to reformat my computer. :(

Still lagging like hell.

Been having much lag for two days, along with two other people in my local chat. It's so bad that we can't play, at times. Sometimes I reboot and it fixes the problem. Other times it's no help. Lowering my graphics settings has helped me, since I started playing in December, but I can't do anything about the lag...which comes & goes.

Try what I suggested here:

/>http://forum.wurmonline.com/index.php?/topic/75110-constant-cpu-spikes-and-graphics-freeze/#entry742537

Not necessarily the best fix for a laptop, but it might improve the frame rate (if that's what you mean by lag).

I've also noticed lag issues (and I use a laptop also, but mine is a few years old). I'm still able to play, but I notice at times when I type in chat, that there is at least a 5 sec. delay before the message is seen.