Sign in to follow this  
Maximustehgreat

Allow Fillets Of Meat To Be Placed In A Food Storage Bin

As the title says, allow fillets of meat to be placed inside a food storage bin.

This really should have been added ages ago, It is so very simple.

Edited by Maximustehgreat
  • Like 1

If going this route, better to just allow raw meat to go into food bins, take out and filet later. Then again, all one has to do is just cook the meat, store in food bin and take out to filet later, so really don't see the need for this suggestion to be implimented.

=Ayes=

I like it the way it is, although cooked meat should be cured before going in the FSB.

Raw uncooked meat should decay fast, cured, cooked and dried meats should last months.

+1, I hate having to make special trips to cut fillets for a priest. It'd be much easier for me to set some time aside, fillet a whole bunch, and let the priest take care of it later.

In fact, +42.

+1, I hate having to make special trips to cut fillets for a priest. It'd be much easier for me to set some time aside, fillet a whole bunch, and let the priest take care of it later.

In fact, +42.

Why doesn't the priest fillet himself? Filleting is butchering, butchering is a sub-skill of cooking, all subskills of cooking give SD...

I personally just thing there should be a way to preserve FISH. Fillets, not really bothering me.

Why doesn't the priest fillet himself? Filleting is butchering, butchering is a sub-skill of cooking, all subskills of cooking give SD...

I personally just thing there should be a way to preserve FISH. Fillets, not really bothering me.

I've been doing it to raise butchering for my hunting trips. I hate failing to get stuff. That is a good point though, I should have the priest doing it.

but cooked meat should remember what type of meat it is. Beef should stay beef unless you combine it with something else then it can be called "meat products".. and pure meat types should make better meals than combined "mechanically recovered?" meat.

Edited by canoe sandie
  • Like 1

Dried fish is one of oldest and largest preserved food staples in the world.

Would be encouraging to see this expanded to a new skill - say curing. That way there's a little extra effort required for preserving meat fillets(whether mammal or fish).

Add drying racks into the game which could be used for drying meat and fish fillets as well as drying kelp(for whatever purpose that's going to be used for eventually). That would also push using dried fish a little further into the game as a player would need to able to create the drying rack first which would likely be a fine carpentry item.

So there'd be easier access to meat - a new fine carpentry item - a new skill under cooking - and lots of nervous fish!

use it or lose it.

Edited by Protunia
  • Like 1

how about letting fillets turn into cooked meat ?

Cooked filets would be cool :D

Cooked filets able to place into a an fsb +1

Filets in general being able to be placed into an fsb -1

why not?

Because procesed food shouldnt go into a foodbin. You filet it when you want to use it.

More options for stowing meat in general, not just fish, would be nice