Sign in to follow this  
McGarnicle

Saturday Night Factional Fight - Season 1 Archive

This is an archive of season 1 episodes! Enjoy watching the reruns :)

You can find Season 1 episodes here

Episode 19: The Final Fight - April 13, 2013
Episode 18: Entering the Priesthood - April 6, 2013
Episode 17: Let's Build a Castle - March 30, 2013
The Making of the Wurm Online Trailer - March 23, 2013
Episode 16: A Horse is a Horse, Of Course, Of Course - March 16, 2013
Episode 15: A Toolbelt for Every Job - March 9, 2013
Episode 14: Meditation and the Path to Enlightenment - March 2, 2013
The Puzzle Labyrinth Adventure - Feb 22, 2013
Episode 13: Blacksmithing 101 - Feb 16, 2013
Episode 12: It's Cooking Time - Feb 9, 2013
Episode 11: So You Want to be a Farmer? - Feb 1, 2013
Episode 10: Optimize Your Skill Gain - Jan 26, 2013
Episode 9: Everything You Need to Know About Containers - Jan 19, 2013
Episode 8: Deed It or Lose It - Jan 12, 2013
Episode 7: Newbie Tips & Tricks - Jan 4, 2013
Episode 6: Let's Build a House - Dec 21, 2012
Episode 5: Building a House ... Materials - Dec 15, 2012
Episode 4: Time to Terraform - Dec 8, 2012
Episode 3: Building Carts, Barter and Horses - Dec. 1, 2012
Episode 2: Quest for the Iron Vein - Nov. 24, 2012
Episode 1: Beginnings - Nov 17, 2012
Episode 0: Introduction Video - Nov 17, 2012

NEW During the filming of Season 1 of SNFF, we recorded some special episodes that were not included in the original list. You can find them here:

Wurm Online 1.0 Special! - December 13, 2012

Journey to the Impaolong 2012 - December 18, 2012

The Impalong Arrival and Mayham - December 20, 2012

Saturday Night Factional Fight Plays Deal or No Deal - December 22, 2012

Impalong Recap and Goodbyes - December 28, 2012

The Factional Fight Village Announcement - Jan 18, 2013

The Unofficial Wurm Trailer - Jan 29, 2013

The Puzzle Labyrinth Adventure - Feb 22, 2013

The Making of the Wurm Online Trailer - March 22, 2013

Edited by McGarnicle
website no longer exists
  • Like 10

Thanks so much, I've been trying to understand skilling for months now and this is the best explanation I've seen. :D

I enjoyed the episode, I would personally prefer less of the "acting" side and more game play, additionally I'd also like to see Griph's game window if possible.

I think what you guys are doing is great for the game and helps people out a lot and I know that Faeran playing innocent helps get the topics started but can be seen a long way off. This may be harsh and sound like I'm nit-picking and it possibly is, but I would love to see these episodes continue and to pull in a larger crowd. We have seen recently how well social media can play a part in getting new people to join the game and I would like to see this continue.

Keep up the good work.

They are obviously doing scenarios that players will run into followed by an explanation, and it works because it is one brother telling another he did it wrong. Very adequately captures those Damn Wurm moments that everyone has. Nobody gets to that high of level without understanding optimized skilling, and that applies to both of them, but I certainly learned something and I read wurmpedia a lot (two wacks not three or four!).

The talking head approach works for me, as it is more of a audio podcast that I can play while I game. I prefer natural skilling just doing what needs done rather than grinding out skills for skills sake, but it is very frustrating to work for hours and hours and too late realize a simple minor change that does not affect natural gameplay could have gained you a lot more.

While testing out my mining skilling I found when my skill was higher than the node I did not get any skill when I maxed hit QL, so I think the <40 applies only for higher skill, below that if you hit your skill cap then no skilling. Moved to another iron ore that was above my skill cap and got better skilling.

Edited by yarnevk
  • Like 3

Just keep the good work, what I like the most is the ¨acting¨ part, tbh to get some gameplay I just log my acount and play my own char, rather than see others play.

I also like the "acting" and scripted out format, its right in a comfortable midway point between "obvious" and "natural" and I find it a little charming ^_^ It gives a "lesson" to the episode so its not just random gameplay. It's like a puppetshow, sure you know someone is pulling the strings and its makebelieve but the fun is when you get pulled into the story even when you can see the little man behind the curtain....

Edited by Brash_Endeavors
  • Like 3

Another thing that improves skillgain and I think wasn't mentioned in the video is affinity.

Keep up the good work guys, still learned a few things being a quite experienced player myself

Thanks for the discoveries! I wasn't know about the tool ql should be matching with skill level and object quality. I usually just use 1ql coc item to skilling..

I thought it said Saturday Night Live talked about wurm last night, almost sprained my finger I clicked on that so fast.

• Like 1

The time taken to make these videos is so appreciated. So thorough.. and in language and terms noobs like me can understand I listen while I play and learn constantly.

Thank you for making them

Bom

Edited by Bombattle

I have updated the OP with all past episodes in the series. I will soon post our special episodes as well, but you can always find them at our website at (no longer exists)

Oh yeah...and there is a new episode this week :) Enjoy!

Edited by McGarnicle
website no longer exists

Episode 13 has been released! Can't believe we have come this far. I will only be bumping this thread once a week as the new episodes are released so feel free to keep bumping this thread to keep it on the first page.

I have not watched all of the episode yet but I am up to the start of the rare pick discussion and it is a very interesting topic for sure.

I have not watched all of the episode yet but I am up to the start of the rare pick discussion and it is a very interesting topic for sure.

thanks for spoil us the mistery...

thanks for spoil us the mistery...

Not sure how that is spoiling the mystery they did ask for our opinions on the topic and I did reframe from posting my opinion so not sure how I am spoiling anything.

Well it is official I am addicted to your shows. I was thinking on what I was going to do tomorrow and found myself thinking "well the next SNFF video should be posted"

• Like 1

The Labyrinth looked amazing! I rarely leave my deed let alone leave the server, but that so made me want to go. I do hope it gets a good home and doesn't decay into nothingness. So very creative.

• Like 1

All new episode on the topic of meditation. Hope you enjoy.

All new episode on the topic of meditation. Hope you enjoy.

Enjoy the episode? Without a doubt. Enjoy mediation? Only if you like being disappointed every 30 minutes, 5 times a day! Which I guess I do since I'm at 72 meditation skill currently.

Great job as always, you two ;) I can always count on you for my weekly chuckle.

I really enjoyed watching this. One of those episodes where theres not much to see so you can listen while playing ^_^

Did nudge me into getting myself a rug and getting started on meditating too. After all, the longer i put it off now the longer i'll have to wait later!

• Like 1

It was a nice one the kingdom your working on is looking good I am working on one of my own right now...well I guess we are all probably working on one. If you get that 10k bricks/mortar dropped off sell me 5k of them. :)

Edited by Kegan