Sign in to follow this  
Emane

Be Warned!

Someone mining entirely around your deed Inside you perimeter and reinforcing it preventing you from mining anywhere IS perfectly legal according to GM's. they can even take over your entire mine doing so even tho you strongwalled it, placed an enclosure around entrance AND a mine door.... INSIDE YOUR perimeter....of YOUR deed

Edited by Emane

you can expand your deed and place those tiles on your deed. This give you the mayor the ability to mine out the reinforced tiles.

• Like 1

Someone mining entirely around your deed Inside you perimeter and reinforcing it preventing you from mining anywhere IS perfectly legal according to GM's. they can even take over your entire mine doing so even tho you strongwalled it, placed an enclosure around entrance AND a mine door.... INSIDE YOUR perimeter....of YOUR deed

Deed it or it isn't yours.

Perimeter is Wilderness, so yes, it is perfectly allowed for someone to do so.

As others have said, you can expand your deed over it ( if there is space to expand ) and the mine then becomes yours again.

Emane, thank you for posting this warning. I hope other new players see it and learn about this "feature" of the game.

I had a similar problem with some players who wanted my mine. It's unfortunate that this game is biased in favour of paying players, as the free players are easily taken advantage of by unscrupulous premium members.

I'm sorry you had to learn this the hard way. That sucks. :(

Well i would call that griefing -.-. This happened on pristine/release ?

I think this would fall under griefing if they did this around a significant portion of your deed. GMs shouldn't turn their heads in cases like this.

Emane, thank you for posting this warning. I hope other new players see it and learn about this "feature" of the game.

I had a similar problem with some players who wanted my mine. It's unfortunate that this game is biased in favour of paying players, as the free players are easily taken advantage of by unscrupulous premium members.

I'm sorry you had to learn this the hard way. That sucks. :(

I AM a paying player....not only with subscription..but also deed...of 23x23......their deed takes priority over mine I guess....war of block their periemter before they do yours...haha..and they say there is no PVP here..BS

and yes is pristine....large alliance saying they take waht they wish and if not completely ON deed is theirs for the taking...if strongwalled or reinforced..they deed over and break the reinforced walls...

Edited by Emane

Remember that there is a minimum 5 tile perimeter, so if your perimeter is flush against theirs and is 5 you can't expand deed as others have suggested.

• Like 1

Remember that there is a minimum 5 tile perimeter, so if your perimeter is flush against theirs and is 5 you can't expand deed as others have suggested.

That is the problem...was waiting to have 3 abandoned buildings fall before expanding....they mvoed in and dropped perimeter over those buildings (which I didnt know was also perfectly fine), Once buildings fell I 'had' planned to expand over the mine tiles....now impossible for playing 'right'....

Deed it or it isn't yours.

Exactly. Perimeter isn't yours. It's wilderness.

Put another way:

It's not your perimeter. It's the perimeter of your deed.

Emane, yes this is legal to do within the game rules and as a deed owner myself I really don't see a problem with it. Most of my deed mines are only on the deeded tiles under it with 1 deed tile left around the outside edge so no one can mine into it, which eliminates the need to reinforce the outside edges for this purpose. I consider the tiles beyond this on my perimiter free game for anyone to mine out as they wish and pay no further attention to them. If I wanted to protect the perimiter mine tiles as well, I would take the time to reinforce them and not blame others for my lack of initiative to do so.

Also as you have found out, making your mine entrance on your perimiter is a bad idea unless you protect the entrance with a 1x1 gatehouse with stone walls surrounding the entrance connected to the house. Then on the inside reinforce all the perimiter tiles until you connect to your deed tiles which can't be mined into. Seems you have learned the hard way of your mistake but in this game you always need to take measures and spend the time to protect any of your areas that you want to have control of or someone else will take control of them from you.

Perhaps your post and the responses here will prevent others from making the same mistake in thinking that they have some control over their perimiter tiles when they take no measures themselves to protect the area from others, so in that respect it is worthwhile.

=Ayes=

Exactly. Perimeter isn't yours. It's wilderness.

Put another way:

It's not your perimeter. It's the perimeter of your deed.

I understand this point and I wholeheartedly agree, but the issue here is someone mining around your mine and reinforcing walls to where you can't mine any farther. Here's an example that I drew up where I would consider this griefing:

ccccccccccccccc

cxxxxxxxxxxxxxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxoooooToooooxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxoooooooooooxc

cxxxxxxExxxxxxc

ccccccccccccccc

Ok, this is the best way I can illustrate it. The C's represent the pathway around underground that the griefers made in order to access every tile around the deed's mine. The X's represent the mine tiles that mine supports were added to or strongwalled (notice that they are on the first tile of the perim, not on deed). The O's represent the mine (on deed) with everything else residing on perimeter or otherwise wilderness. The E is the entrance tile. And finally the T is the token (on the surface) with a deed set up with the minimum 5NS and 5EW.

I know this is an extreme example, but the thing is, is this really perfectly legal to do to someone? What if they're walled in by another deed and can only expand N-S or E-W, what if they can do neither? What is this, locking them in where they cannot mine any farther in any direction from within their own mine? How messed up is that?

Edited by Laiwyn

Not sure what's wrong between you and your neighbor, who started it but I would hate to be in this kind of war.. In inde, someone was blocked from access of expanding deed, his neighbor make 1x1 shacks around the perimeter border. Waiting for decay is bs too if they put up high quality walls. Moving out is the only option but it's kinda suck. Might want to make peace or truce somehow if it still possible.

@ Emane

That is the problem...was waiting to have 3 abandoned buildings fall before expanding....they mvoed in and dropped perimeter over those buildings (which I didnt know was also perfectly fine), Once buildings fell I 'had' planned to expand over the mine tiles....now impossible for playing 'right'....

You tell me that the abandon Building with 90 dmg are Buildingds from your Son in Hospital, you lie again!!

Emane, yes this is legal to do within the game rules and as a deed owner myself I really don't see a problem with it. Most of my deed mines are only on the deeded tiles under it with 1 deed tile left around the outside edge so no one can mine into it, which eliminates the need to reinforce the outside edges for this purpose. I consider the tiles beyond this on my perimiter free game for anyone to mine out as they wish and pay no further attention to them. If I wanted to protect the perimiter mine tiles as well, I would take the time to reinforce them and not blame others for my lack of initiative to do so.

Also as you have found out, making your mine entrance on your perimiter is a bad idea unless you protect the entrance with a 1x1 gatehouse with stone walls surrounding the entrance connected to the house. Then on the inside reinforce all the perimiter tiles until you connect to your deed tiles which can't be mined into. Seems you have learned the hard way of your mistake but in this game you always need to take measures and spend the time to protect any of your areas that you want to have control of or someone else will take control of them from you.

Perhaps your post and the responses here will prevent others from making the same mistake in thinking that they have some control over their perimiter tiles when they take no measures themselves to protect the area from others, so in that respect it is worthwhile.

=Ayes=

If you read I did have mine door, legal enclosure...AND DID reinforce all tile walls as I went....and yes Ayes...is to hope others avoid losing their hard work to a thief....

Edited by Emane

Yes Grummel......also you KOS'd me AFTER I did exactly as you requested and remvoed kos from Onkeldagobert who not an hour earlier you had claimed you did not know....

Yesterdays Logs

[11:52:47] <Emane> do you know who onkeldagobert is. Placed a deed next to me....

[11:53:01] <Grummel> ahh, no sorry

[11:53:54] <Emane> np TY....

[15:38:17] <Emane> hey I tried to speak with him..offered to pay what he would lose to mvoe the token...ect..

[15:39:10] <Grummel> he is a nice guy , he has not make againts the rules

[15:40:29] <Grummel> but kos its allitle bit it hard

[15:40:34] <Emane> all walls are reinforced ect

[15:40:46] <Emane> well I tried to speak with him to wrok something out first

[15:41:03] <Grummel> but its your thing, when my friend give green light that he can in our ally, we must kos you too

[15:46:52] <Emane> sorry is not ok to steal my hard work as I was waiting on buildings to rall to expand to cover it either

[15:47:32] <Grummel> jop

[15:51:10] <Emane> [15:48:33] The reputation for Onkeldagobert was deleted.

[15:54:34] You are being put on the KOS list of Himmelspforte again.

Want logs of who is lying....there ye be..claim I didnt remvoe Onkel when I did..then tell all others that I didnt remvoe Onkel when you asked to.....From todays log

[14:35:13] <Kruemelmonster> the first kos come from you, Onkel and Grummel want to negotiate, but now its to late, when we have kosed, we dont remove it anytime

THEN to boot you put up more deeds above and around me!

Cmon Grummel tell the truth

Want screens of the reputations on deed..can provide that as well..

AEOY9c4.jpg

YPVsU6G.jpg

xxmoRHN.jpg

Were interior walls reinforced ...ummm

3IqPRio.jpg

Edited by Emane

Yes, you are at kos in our ally and we do not remove it anytime!

He was not your ally at the time..when you asked me to remove..I did remove...you claimed you didnt even know him...

So as Ive learned int his thread..someone creates a 5x5 deed...with standard 5 perimeter, against another perimeter (thus they cant expand) it would be fine to wall ON perimeter one tile from that deed line...leaving them one tile with unlocked gate to exit..and per the rules that is perfectly fine!

It sounds like this alliance wants you to leave the area, thus they are doing all they can to annoy you so that you leave and they take the space. How you react to it is up to you. If you want to stay, my recommendation would be to work with what you have and "think creative" for anything outside the deed. Use enclosure rules etc to your advantage. If someone creates a reinforced wall around a deed like that it's no doubt they are griefing in my mind, just not by game rules.

This is unfortunately what happens in this game. In our area we've already seen 3 instances where people will place a small 5x5 deed and build outside of their deed. When someone else deeds over where they are building they complain.

Edited by Bowmaster

some people are just rude.

i personally don't thinks it really nice to do that to anyone.

but greedy people do greedy things.

side note.

i don't think the KoS feature should work on freedom.

Edited by Notsodirt

Your best defense of your perimeter line is too highway it right on it or off, the the highway tiles and the tiles to either side cannot be modified as you cannot change a highway tile. A highway tile is defined as two tiles wide or one tile with sand on both sides.

Plus it gives you a,road to somewhere.

I don't worry about someone getting into my mine if i go beyond the perimeter because on deed is all protected, but always Stuart the entrance on deed and like someone said, if you never want people coming in, you stop one tile short of perimeter or you reinforce perimeter on, can still be deeded over though

Well I thought mistakenly that 'Will not be tolerated' in the code of conduct meant well what it says...

The Freedom servers are intended to be a place where players can enjoy the creative side of wurm without the interference of conflict with other players. As such certain activities (while not against specific rules) are frowned upon and will not be tolerated. Players who choose to play on the Freedom servers are expected to behave in a manner that is curteous and polite to thier fellow players.

Players on freedom are able to do many things that affect the game world, which in turn affects ALL other players. Just because you CAN do something, does not mean that you SHOULD do something. If your actions will actively and negatively affect someone elses gameplay, DO NOT DO IT, discuss this with them first. Why do we even have this..if it means nothing and is not enforced wtih 'will not be tolerated' ROFL.

What you are quoting is just a GUIDE for how people SHOULD behave. It is not an enforcable rule upon which GM's can take action.

While it isn't nice, at the end of the day the bottom line is " You only own what is on your DEED TILES ( not perimeter ). IF you want to secure an off deed mine all you can do is protect your entrance tile with an enclosure ( as you did ) which stops the mine door from being bashed in and reinforce all the way round the area you have in your mine . Remember this will NOT stop someone from deeding over it and thereby taking control of that mine.

With off deed mines it is better to keep them within your own perimeter if possible as it does stop someone from deeding over it.

My advice when placing a deed if you don't think you want a lot of space for deed , go with a small DEED area ( ie 5x5 etc ) but make the perimeter larger instead as you can then always expand your deed into that perimeter later.